NO EXCUSES!!!!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by The Dark King, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

The only benefit for me is the knowledge that I'm eating healthier. I haven't lost weight nor has it affected my blood sugars or provided relief for OA, which is the main reason I started on this path.

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I say you definitely give it another shot and stick it all the way out take all of your measurements and things before you start and then on day 31 evaluate they say that some people don't show results until the end.

it can't hurt right? Even if you didn't longer eventually your body's going to start showing signs of change through your Bloodsugars and or weight loss

But if you are following the Paleo diet that's also a good one and very similar. But by all means do what works for you if you're seeing results with Paleo then stick with it!

Also I know sometimes it can be costly; do you guys have an international market that you could buy produce? I know I save a lot of money when I go...

3. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

Had a few setbacks, but I'm pushing through. Its a lifestyle change, right? I'm not rushing anything and going at my own pace. Been at it since the New Year.

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

No we don't have a Whole Foods or similar here. Plus budget is a concern for me so I can't do the grass fed and pasteurized meats.

5. Cherok33

I'm on a pretty tight budget also but my girlfriend and I are doing it together which has saved quite a bit of money not only that but we will take one day out of the weekend and make all of the stuff ahead of time and prepackage everything it's been a lifesaver!

Our international market is mostly fresh produce and meats and seafood and it's very inexpensive I can get a whole cart of groceries for 50 bucks

It's about 30 minutes north from my house but it's worth the savings for sure!

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

That's great! I don't even get out of Aldi with $50 and under

7. Cherok33

Yeah, it's worth the drive! And for all of the things that are hard to find like the uncured sugar free bacon or clarified butter etc. I just hop on over to Trader Joe's which to my surprise was affordable (Had never been there before) win!

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

We don't have a Trader Joe's either. I was excited to find Kerrygold butter at my local grocery store once. Lol.

9. Cherok33

We are supposed to get at Trader Joe's nearby soon I hope otherwise it's about 30 minutes away but it's on the way to and from work so that's a plus :)

10. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

LOL! I gotta admit that you're right. Of course it was easier for me to justify since I usually get 3-4 days per week in.

Can't let myself fall of the wagon.

11. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Saw this today. The true power of positivity is incredible. Changing your attitude can be the start that changes everything! Try it some time!

[​IMG]

12. Cherok33

AWESOME!!!

It's a great feeling when you start to see results and changes in your body

I have to confess I cheated on my diet.... I weighed myself and took measurements before my 30 day mark but...

I'm super excited to report I've lost a total of 5 inches already in my waist, chest, thighs and arms

Talk about motivation! I understand now why they say to throw away the scale because weight is not always an indicator of change

13. RaiderLL

It's not but its what always kept me going. I weighed myself daily when I was losing weight. Four years later, all my weight is still off and I still weigh myself daily. It helps keep me in control I think. I don't freak if it's up a few pounds because I know my salt intake, time of month, etc will have an impact but it keeps me focused on never letting my weight spiral out of control again.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

They say success come from the inside first

15. RaiderLL

If you're speaking about a positive mindset I most def agree. If you think you'll fail, rest assured you will. If you know you'll win, there'll be no stopping you

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yep.

17. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

[YOUTUBE]NpdUSEOdQJo[/YOUTUBE]

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lol I literally made a thread with the same name fam

19. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Sorry :( I didn't see it my bad ill post this there then?

20. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Some people just can't get that scale number out of their mind. How much you weigh is such a poor indicator of fitness. Most people are losing muscle and not fat. They basically end up being skinny fat wich is also unhealthy