Movie Trailers

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Jason Bourne & The Red Viper vs......

[YOUTUBE]LVw9YdP1O-0[/YOUTUBE]

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've already heard the word "whitewash" being thrown around. But since it is produced and directed by Chinese people, I don't know if we can "blame" Hollywood's race problem.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't see how it's "whitewashing" since Matt Damon's character isn't suppose to be Asian. I do see how some people could perceive it as a "white savior" troupe movie however.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wow is this the first foreign market developing a big budget movie like this?

5. The Dark King

Please the only thing they are really complaining about is the main dude played by Denzel is black. Period the end.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what i meant to say.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah for whitewashing they need to check out the Scarlett Johansson upcoming movie where she is playing a character that IS Asian. But I understand where people of color in the entertainment industry like Constance Wu who spoke very passionately about the whole "white savior" troupe. http://time.com/4433113/constance-wu-matt-damon-great-wall/

And they are still trying to use the excuse that audiences wouldn't want to see people of color in these leading roles of big films. Then it's like why even make the "Black Panther" movie if that is true. Or why cast a black guy to play his part. It is not true, but it is really the only excuse they have and for people to still buy that speaks to part of the problem.

Asian actor/actresses seem to be stuck in the stereotypical small asian roles and Constance Wu is speaking up about it. I commend her.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I REALLY like what Constance Wu had to say. I always thought it was a shame that people of color didn't all bond together.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

This sort of thing happens a lot in Hollywood and I don't think it will change. Because the big studios have the money to make movies, they want a return on the investment and casting a white lead is the best economical option. White audiences want to be the main character. So, the main character is a white man and he is written to save people of color. And if the hero is played by an A-list star, the end justifies the means.

There needs to be more diversity in film. There is much each race and culture can teach if we're willing to listen and learn.
    Constance Wu makes an excellent point.

10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[HDYT]viLWzpwHaFg[/HDYT]

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Thought this was another 28 Days Later sequel at first with the setting and overall tone.

12. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

[​IMG]

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So it's the same to you? Please do break it down for the rest of us since you seem to be under the impression that you are vastly smarter than everyone else......

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]tFMo3UJ4B4g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YRAjMHywKuY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZTF0RH6kVDI[/YOUTUBE]

15. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]oSzJUeZ072E[/YOUTUBE]

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]foM5_ZsJHQE[/YOUTUBE]

17. The Dark King

Looks dope but I no longer financially support these kinds of movies so I'll wait for streaming or make it a redbox night

18. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

What kinds of movies are you no longer financially supporting?

19. The Dark King

White people are the only survivors and people of color are just background

20. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

:smt043 :smt043