Moral Clauses

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by nero, Jan 7, 2017.

1. nero

nero Member

So there are these things called morality clauses that dictate how actors and athletes may or may not behave. These are not determined by the law but by public opinion. Wm and bw (black feminists) control public opinion as they have the most resources to influence how people think and socio-political opportunities. This clause coupled with a nondisclosure agreement could result in an actor or actress dating or even marrying someone to maintain a particular image. The all American girl or the real Nigga. These entertainers would probably lose a lot of work if they did.

Actors who I believe are fronting with their "beards" are Morgan Freeman, Samuel L Jackson, Taylor Swift, Cheryl Hines and Jennifer Lawrence.

Just imagine if Taylor Swift started dating black men and the myriads of girls that would follow. Who else do you think is fronting?

2. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Morgan Freeman disagree, both of his marriages were to BW. He's had plenty opportunity to get with WW if he was all that interested. Morgan Freeman is more well known among white fans anyways so he wouldn't need a BW "beard".

Sam L jackson: disagree, he's been married to a BW for more than 30 years. You don't keep a "beard" for that long. Just like Morgan he's more well known among white fans so he also wouldn't need a beard.

Taylor Swift: Highly doubt she has a particular liking for BM, Drake was the closest and that was just a rumor. She seems to have the generic white guy as her ideal type and I don't see legions of BM looking for her anyways.

Cheryl Hines: Don't know who that is.

JLaw: Too new for me to comment on.

Sandra Bullock seems like she probably messes with BM on the low.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

I really don't care about the topic...however I did find your (M&C) reasoning interesting and would disagree with a couple of points. Throughout history those with beards have often been for a significant (as in lifetime) periods of time. In regards to the comment about being well liked and better known by white people therefore not needing a beard - that's actually the opposite in reality. In order to be better liked by white people it would be more important to have a beard. It helps to eliminate the concerns, even "threat" that white (especially wm) would have in regards to black men.

4. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Generally I agree that white people would prefer to see BM with BW but considering how liberal white movie fans tend to be (yes I know libs can be racist) and how Sam and Morgan are usually portrayed as the "model BM" in hollywood (because they don't complain about their roles), I don't think a beard would be necessary for them if they even liked WW like that.

Tupac's lowkey relationship with Madonna is a pretty good example. Tupac had a lot of appeal to BW and pro-blacks in general so he had to keep that hidden. Imo the BM who date non-bw on the low are more well known and liked in black crowds. The more mainstream ones don't have as much need to keep it hidden. Basically, I'm not seeing white people get mad at guys like Jamie Foxx for dating WW the same way black people are.

5. nero

nero Member

I still don't need your approval. ;) But I agree with you on how bm might be threatening to wm and need beards. Nate Parker is an example of how not having a beard can affect your income opportunities. I think Samuel L and Morgan gained their status because they didn't date out. I've never seen them on screen with any bw though. Morgan I can concede to but Samuel I feel has a beard. Taylor Swift I think has one as well because she is a brand as well. Look at Iggy Azalea after her music for ww who like bm, her fame kinda disappeared and she's getting so much hate from rappers for it.

Here's a picture of Cheryl Hines, she's in Curb your Enthusiasm, Son of Zorn and other other comedy shows.

[​IMG]

6. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

What is meant by the term 'beard'?

7. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Thought it meant a closet gay term.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The age of celebrities being forced by powerful people to live a lie is pretty much over. The ones who are doing it now are doing it for themselves.
    A beard is someone a closeted gay person has a fake heterosexual relationship with to hide their sexuality.

9. MightyLighty

^So why is J-law and Cheryl Hines being mentioned in relation to bm?

10. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Depending on where an actor is in his, or her, career determines what part of their life they will expose. There's really no hard and fast rule about it. A friend of mine is a filmmaker who has had access to celebrity actors and actresses. The race politics of fucking in Hollywood, according to my friend, is virtually nonexistent. It's already an oversexed environment to begin with. Tons and tons of prostitution - actresses included, many coveted beautiful actresses have been brutally exploited to get where they are and it's very sad. The prostitution component cannot be stressed enough. No names, but 90% percent of male celebrity actors regularly get down with pros, which will allow them to act out whatever desires they have. Also, most of these marriages and relationships have "understandings." I have no specific knowledge of this - and I'm not implying there's anything to conceal - but for example, if Sam Jackson wanted to regularly participate in dalliances, he could. I would give him the benefit of the doubt because he has a stellar reputation in the industry. He and Don Cheadle would be the exception to the above. The rest of them, I would presume the worst, or the best, depending on what your moral inclinations are.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

The term beard means a cover up....sortof like DL. It's not exclusive to gay situations. It's a cover up - a way to appear to be politically correct (in whatever way that may be) to society.

12. K

K Well-Known Member

In these situations the implication is that they are really into black men but wouldn't show it in public and use a "beard" (white dude) as to not tarnish their rep.

13. nero

nero Member

Didn't really think of it that way but I still somehow feel that people are hiding things. Like you said, I don't think you could just pop up on the scene with a ww or bm on your arm without first building a reputation first. I know that social media has kinda helped moral clauses make a comeback. I know in their heydays some clauses explicitly barred bm from dating ww, was reading about it today. I would think that these were used mainly in the 60's and 70's but I dunno. Times have changed I guess, what do you make of Ann Coulter, people were hinting at her loving bm for a while and now she's dating Jimmy Walker. I think she was under a contract but it ended.

14. MightyLighty

Anyone think that Olivia Wilde might be a 'beard'?

15. ryanpaulstewart

The Ann Coulter thing wouldn't surprise me in the least. She's intellectually arrogant. About celebrity interracial relationships, as far as I can tell (and have heard), there's no codified road map anymore. Studios have much less power than they had in years' past. Cable and streaming services have created legitimate alternates to the old framework. Actors can move from movies to television, television to cable and back again. Technology has reduced production costs considerably. Also, I've seen (heard) zero repercussions for ww working with black love interests.

I must confess though, I've never heard of IR "beards" before.

16. ryanpaulstewart

No. I was seated next to them - she and Jason Sudekis - at a restaurant, three years ago (she was extraordinarily beautiful - like from another planet) and they were very much a couple and also super nice and pleasant.

17. nero

nero Member

The thought just occurred to me when I was watching an interview on TV and could see this ww, forgotten her name, but she was sitting next to a bm and I could see from her body language that she was turned on by this dude even after talking about her wm husband. She was touching her ring like she wanted to take it off. I just wondered how common it is. Any chance of Scarlet Johansson having a beard?

18. MightyLighty

Based on her social media activity I think she might be.

19. ryanpaulstewart

Explicate

20. MightyLighty

^Well for one, she named her son after Otis Redding.