Monogamy makes males smaller

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by fly girl, Oct 21, 2022.

1. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

Came across this article while looking for the average size of men vs women. It says that the human males are very close in size to females due to monogamy. This paragraph stood out.

"According to this hypothesis, an ancestral polygamous mating system was replaced by pair bonding when lower-ranked hominin males diverted energy from fighting one another toward finding food to bring to females as an incentive to mate. Females preferred reliable providers to aggressive competitors and bonded with the better foragers. Eventually females lost the skin swelling or other signs of sexual receptivity that would have attracted different males while their partners were off gathering food."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/human-monogamy-has-deep-roots/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. 2legit

2legit Active Member

Excellent research, I don't have the time to read all but I will come back and ponder on it. Thanks as always Flygirl.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

This is interesting. I’m going to mull it over tonight.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It seems reasonable that a lot of early human behavior would stem from earlier competitive behavior during the time of Australopithecus and earlier pre-human periods.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Theory not fact.

6. JamieStarr

JamieStarr Member

Completely Serendipitous as I found this track from Yesteryear wafting across my sonic-olfactory today. I thought it quite apropos to include it along with a brief narrative for a bit of context for the day's entry. As a young dude, I had quite the 'appetite'; a worst [or best] 'spinning five plates' at the same time... and doing it up, very well. Then came maturity and the prospect of settling down yet the desire to feed from multiple platters persisted. Long story short, I ultimately went Poly with an Iranian and North African that lasted until the passing of one of my partners.

It just so happens that this SOS track was written and produced by my favorite Dynamic Duo of all time: Terry Lewis and Jimmy Jam! Just wanted to help set the mood. Enjoy Homies ;-)