Mike Colter & His Wife Iva

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by nobledruali, Oct 29, 2012.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

She looks really attractive in these photos.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Mike Colter aka Luke Cage was on "The Breakfast Club" and was asked about reaction from sistas for having a white wife.

[YOUTUBE]OPcpNxCc-LU[/YOUTUBE]
    Start at 18:56

http://tvone.tv/39812/luke-cages-got-a-white-wife-mad-or-nah/?utm_source=InteractiveOne&utm_medium=Links&utm_campaign=InteractiveOne

This is how you can tell that some(and I do mean some, hopefully it won't get bigger. HOPEFULLY! lol.) of these so-called "fans" Don't know much about Luke Cage. What are they going to do when they find out that Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are a couple.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

People getting bent out of shape because of who someone is sleeping with are really behind the times.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mike and Iva Colter arrive at the Netflix FYSee Kick Off Event on May 7, 2017 in Beverly Hills.
    Source: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  5. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Mike and Iva looks great together.

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

7. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Oh, look. A black actor with a non-black wife (even worse....she's a white blonde!!) whom he does not nor ever has tried to hide from the public. And while there are the usual suspects out there who don't like this, Colter's career keeps flourishing, including his gig as a black hero icon : Luke Cage.

8. AtomSmasher86

AtomSmasher86 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind his field and their captive audience. Comic book demographics are definitively not Black female based, hence why he's not worried at all, and this also holds true with NFL players.....now R&B singers on the other hand.

This is why if your a celebrity you have to expand your brand to as many diverse groups as possible, so your never held hostage by one demographic.

9. darkcurry

Absolutely! Which is why when they TRIED to come for him they were outnumbered by comic book fans, thus having their voice drowned out. The black female comic book fans that are out there don't care or talk about it much. While the non-comic book black female fans just watch to see him anyways and don't know what the hell is going on. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. JamalSpunky

People keep coming up with excuses. If black females and their black male dupes who are led by them play no part in determining comic book related TV and film, then why isn't Luke and Jessica Jones a thing at this time? We blame them for that on one end but then claim they have no influence when its convenient. Let's be consistent at least.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Thats white dudes. They dont harp on the private lives like that but they'll be damned if it's on screen. They live for that fantasy shit and they do not want to see any reality or real where they aren't the ones getting the main chick. They'll support shit like Arrow and the Flash where a black dude might get a chick but it's NEVER one a white guy is competing for.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  12. darkcurry

Don't forget the love triangle they love to put brothas in where they make the white guy the most desirable and romantic and the brotha the jerk, simp or loveless. And have the white woman be more intimate with the white guy than the black guy.

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure this is why Mr. Terrific is Gay in Arrow and Working for Felcity and Arthur when in the comics he is a CEO of his own company and straight. Meanwhile The Atom, Ray Palmer is the CEO of his own company...now I am not a comic expert but I really don't remember Palmer running his own company in comics. He was more a researcher or professor type.

Diggle has a white wife and gets laid but I dont remember much romance scenes it certainly not central.
    Firestorm aint ever gotten laid in Legends of Tomorrow. Both haves but Martin is old and its CW so....
    Flash.....pretty sure Wally has inexplicably not closed the deal despite Jessie tossing herself at him.

But yeah has the Black Guy beat the White Guy to the chick in Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Superhero TV shows not that I remember. I vaguely remember a few exceptions but it take research that I am too lazy to do it.

14. The Dark King

They even had Aqualad not get the girl in Young Justice. Green Latern got Hawk Girl and then they find out she's the worst traitor ever. Can't but help notice this shit

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Might need to go to Nerdz Lounge....Young Justice is coming back so it will be interesting to see what goes down there but if I had to guess I dont expect Static (Black) or Blue Beetle (Latino) to be getting any of the white girls over Tim Drake (White).

16. JamalSpunky

I'm sure there are countless white men who don't want to see Jessica Jones with someone like Luke Cage on their screen. But those guys weren't going to watch those SJW, PC driven, Diversity, blah, blah, blah shows anyway. And the ones who did watch and got offended likely just stopped watching and never got mixed up in any discussions regarding the series.

The ones who went on social media or even their blogs to complain about Jessica and Luke when the Jessica series first dropped or now argue that Luke should stay with Claire after the Luke series aired? Those are mostly black people. Led by black women of course. Folks like them first started getting mad that Jessica Jones' show didn't have any substantial roles for black women, as if that is the only litmus test for diversity. Many of them wondered why couldn't TPTB have made Trish black. Such stupid bullshit. They howled that one black woman on the show was married but having an affair with Luke which meant she was being portrayed as a skank in their eyes. What really pissed them off was that Luke had a black wife who we saw in flashback was killed by Jessica Jones. It didn't matter that Jessica was under the mind control of some villain and didn't have free will when she committed the act. The fact that she killed the woman and then later went on to sleep with the husband of that woman ticked some people off more and more as time went on. Suddenly a bunch of folks started up on "white female privilege" and how black women were done wrong on Jessica Jones. As a result they came to the conclusion that Jessica and Luke should never be a couple DESPITE the fact that the Marvel Netflix showrunner pretty much claiming that Jessica and Luke were endgame when he introduced the JJ cast at the New York Comic con a couple of years ago. Despite the fact that Jessica and Luke have been a stable couple in comic books for over a decade and have been married for about a decade.

And look how the luke Cage show treated their relationship. They had a character tell Luke that his hookup with Jessica was just a rebound he was going through after the loss of his wife. The character never mentioned Jessica by name, the show never mentioned her name in fact. The show didn't want to recognize her at all it seemed and went out of its way to act as if she didn't exist. It was so obvious in how the show tried to make it seem as if Luke could only be attracted to black women, not just by whom he hooked up with on the show but in all the women he mentioned he thought was fine, including Nicki Minaj (gag me). I believe one character even explicitly implied that Luke likes his women chocolate or something silly like that. And when you think about it with a couple of exceptions here and there every woman, even in the smallest roles, were played by black actresses although the actors playing male characters were far more diverse. The Luke Cage show has a black male showrunner with an all black writing team. If you don't think they were doing their bit of dog-whistling
    for their intended audiences then you are sadly mistaken. They were sending out a message that Luke's relationship with Jessica didn't really happen. The showrunner was quoted earlier this year saying that whatever happens on "The Defenders" doesn't really matter to what will occur on his show. Now he didn't mention any character names or specific situations, but I took it to mean that he was giving a warning that if that series decided to revisit the Luke-Jessia angle in any way he would ignore it altogether as if it didn't happen. Even if I'm wrong somewhat about this the thing that still sticks out is that he was the only showrunner who made such a claim that events that occurred in Defenders would not affect his show. Those shows were created for the very idea of doing Defenders, Netflix's answer to the Avengers. What the fuck was this dude talking about.

Let me add that when John Singleton was trying to get a Luke Cage movie off the ground years ago it was reported that he was trying to cast a black actress as Jessica. I know about this because of the backlash I came across by mostly white male fanboys who wanted Singleton to keep Jessica's race the same as it was in the comic books. So this notion that it is this wall of white male resistance holding back the Hollywood version of the Luke and Jessica relationship is a tad false. The bigger obstacle may be black women and the black male dupes who don't object to black females hooking up with white guys in superhero TV shows/films, but does the master's work by giving thumbs down to black boys being with white girls.

17. JamalSpunky

This new black Aqualad is now gay or bi anyway. Its canon. So don't expect him to get any women period. Not in the cartoon and not in any possible Aquaman sequel if the movie does well enough.

18. The Dark King

Smfh of course he is. This shit is so tired it's gonna turn me off to the whole series

19. The Dark King

Huh interesting analysis. Wasn't aware of all that.

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Black female comic fans? Really? If they even exist they're like .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of readership. Them hoes used to clown me for reading comics. Fuck 'em