Memo to John McCain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Be-you-tiful86, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Attention:The following is a quote.Not written by me:)
    On the bottom of this post I will post the link to where I found this

Memo to John McCain: You're probably kicking yourself right about now for goading Barack Obama into getting out to see the world.

That's like throwing ol' Br'er Rabbit into a briar patch. Before you could say "photo op," the junior senator from Illinois was turning Obama Nation into what looked like Obama World.

You said Obama needed to return to Iraq, where he had not been in more than two years, and find out the real truth on the ground. You must have known trouble was afoot when Obama agreed to expand that idea into a fact-finding tour of the Middle East and Europe, too, with a sizeable chunk of America's news anchors, reporters and TV cameras begging to come along.

You must have known it was a good omen for Obama and, as such, bad for you when Obama joined some of our troops on a basketball court in Kuwait -- and threw a long-distance basket from behind the three point line. Sa-wish! Ah, for the good old days, you must have thought, when Obama was awkwardly trying to bowl his way though the Pennsylvania primary.

Next came the mother of all photo ops in Berlin, where Obama was greeted by a sea of well-wishers chanting "Oh! Bah! Mah!"
    and "Yes, We Can." Inasmuch as John F. Kennedy famously said, "Ich bin ein Berliner (I am a Berliner)," Obama might as well have said, "Ich bin ein big winner!"

And where were you, Senator? While Obama spoke to hundreds of thousands in Berlin, you were doing a meet-and-greet with a few dozen in a German restaurant in Columbus, Ohio. Whose bright idea was that? Were you headed for Europe and lost your road map?

No, as you told reporters at Schmidt's Restaurant und Sausage Haus, "I'd love to give a speech in Germany. ... But I would much prefer to do it as president of the United States rather than as a candidate for the office of the presidency." As Fraulein Stultz, my high school German teacher, might say, you were trying to make a silk purse out of a schwein's ear. Did it work? Nein.

Neither did the anti-Obama radio ads that the Republican National Committee placed on your behalf in three small towns that happened to be named "Berlin" in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and New Hampshire. Cute. But, at a time when Obama is putting foreign relations, one of your strongest issues, at center stage, it is an odd time to come across as Small Town John.

http://www.caglepost.com/column.aspx?c=7177

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Good read.

3. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

You know, Senator John McCain was someone i had a lot of respect and admiration for. In fact, i had considered voting for him if Hillary Clinton were to get the Democratic nomination, but he's just getting on my damn nerves these days with his shameless pandering to the far right and his distasteful campaign tactics - something he should know much about given that those things sunk his campaign in 2000.

To me, George Bush is simply King Ahab, whilst McCain is Nebuchadnezzar. He's simply going to do what Dubya is doing, only worse. And if Americans are dumb enough to allow issues such as flag pins, supposedly elitist comments, pastors and someone's skin color blindside their judgement, then when we get fucked over by McCrazy, we'll be every bit deserving.