Mass shooting at Country Music Festival in Las Vegas (50+ dead, 500+ injured)

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ColiBreh1, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Not just grenade launchers, but armored assault vehicles and the attitude that the police show criminals no mercy or courtesy whatsoever. This suggestion is problematic for law enforcement as it is.

2. K

K Well-Known Member

His brother was interviewed saying it wasn't unusual at all. That he was very generous and helped them all to get wealthy. The man's gf (or whatever she was) has family there and wasn't/isn't she there as well?

3. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

The Switzlerand thing is a gun nut myth.

Gun ownership/laws there are nothing like the US. Individual ownership of firearms is tightly regulated. Strict background checks are required to purchase personal weapons, and concealed weapons permits are limited and very difficult to get.

It's true that there was a policy of issuing rifles and ammo to civilian households. However, only a limited amount of ammunition was provided in sealed boxes that were not to be opened without permission and were regularly inspected.

The policy has since been changed. Government issued guns and ammo are now stowed in depots, and only special forces types are allowed to maintain government issued weapons at home.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/soldiers-can-keep-guns-at-home-but-not-ammo/970614

Private (non-military) ownership is for recreational/sport shooting.

The only private ammunition that is sold is specifically for usage at shooting ranges to practice marksmanship.

http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the-swiss-difference-a-gun-culture-that-works/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ot-gun-toting-utopias/?utm_term=.8238bb18c731

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  4. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I'm worried about all of it.

But the idea that you need to have guns to keep the police in check is laughable. If a citizen (especially a black one) shoots at a cop, they're either getting killed or spending a long fucking time in prison.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How is it a "myth"? They own guns JUST LIKE US. They fight for their RIGHTS, just like us.

In fact, they PROVE the belief that an armed Society makes for a polite Society. The likely reason the Swiss don't use them for crime (and only for deterrent) is because everybody has a gun. However, they can do what they want with the gun - except commit a crime.
    Which is the same thing here!

Make no mistake though, they have as much love for their guns as we do. They just approach it differently.
    Also keep in mind, we have way more people, so the odds of a nutcase is much greater than the one nut case they had.

You can 'deny' their gun culture all you want..the Swiss prove it's a people problem not a gun one. As well, millions of U.S gun owners don't abuse their gun ownership.

SWITZERLAND
    The Swiss Difference: A Gun Culture That Works
    The country had one mass shooting in 2001, but a resulting anti-gun referendum failed to pass. The Swiss will not give up the gun. Can their system work in the U.S.?

Even as the gun-control debate rises again in the U.S. in the aftermath of the horrific school shooting in Newtown, Conn., the gun-loving Swiss are not about to lay down their arms. Guns are ubiquitous in this neutral nation, with sharpshooting considered a fun and wholesome recreational activity for people of all ages.

Even though Switzerland has not been involved in an armed conflict since a standoff between Catholics and Protestants in 1847, the Swiss are very serious not only about their right to own weapons but also to carry them around in public. Because of this general acceptance and even pride in gun ownership, nobody bats an eye at the sight of a civilian riding a bus, bike or motorcycle to the shooting range, with a rifle slung across the shoulder.

“We will never change our attitude about the responsible use of weapons by law-abiding citizens,” says Hermann Suter, vice president of Pro-Tell, the country’s gun lobby, named after legendary apple shooter William Tell, who used a crossbow to target enemies long before firearms were invented.

Switzerland trails behind only the U.S, Yemen and Serbia in the number of guns per capita; between 2.3 million and 4.5 million military and private firearms are estimated to be in circulation in a country of only 8 million people.

-----> Yet, despite the prevalence of guns, the violent-crime rate is low: government figures show about 0.5 gun homicides per 100,000 inhabitants in 2010. By comparison, the U.S rate in the same year was about 5 firearm killings per 100,000 people, according to a 2011 U.N. report.

Unlike some other heavily armed nations, Switzerland’s gun ownership is deeply rooted in a sense of patriotic duty and national identity. Weapons are kept at home because of the long-held belief that enemies could invade tiny Switzerland quickly, so every soldier had to be able to fight his way to his regiment’s assembly point. (Switzerland was at risk of being invaded by Germany during World War II but was spared, historians say, because every Swiss man was armed and trained to shoot.)

But the “gun in every closet” tradition was challenged in 2001, after a disgruntled citizen opened fire with his army rifle inside a regional parliament, killing 14 and injuring 14 others — the only mass shooting in Switzerland’s recent history. The subsequent opposition to widespread gun ownership spearheaded a push for stricter arms legislation. The government and pro-gun groups argued, however, that the country’s existing laws regulating the sale, ownership and licensing of private guns, which includes a ban on carrying concealed weapons, are stringent enough. The law allows citizens or legal residents over the age of 18, who have obtained a permit from the government and who have no criminal record or history of mental illness, to buy up to three weapons from an authorized dealer, with the exception of automatic firearms and selective fire weapons, which are banned. Semiautomatics, which have caused havoc in the U.S., can be legally purchased.
    ...One of the reasons the crime rate in Switzerland is low despite the prevalence of weapons — and also why the Swiss mentality can’t be transposed to the current American reality — is the culture of responsibility and safety that is anchored in society and passed from generation to generation....

The Rest of a great article...
    http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the-swiss-difference-a-gun-culture-that-works/

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Keep worrying about Ar15's while them neo Nazis take office. Its 2017. They can wipe us clean off the face of the earth with biological weapons while playing dumb the whole time. You get nothing from letting dotard take office, yet its somehow worth it to you to villianize Ar15's.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

One of my assistant managers is from the Philippines and she has been sending a portion of her paycheck to the village(not just her family) she grew up in to help it out. It's not unusual at all.

5.56 rounds are sold at Walmart. But it is a little expensive. The store I work in only sells ammunition, cleaning and maintenance supplies, holsters, slings, rifle/shotgun/ range bags, magazine pouches, ear/eye protection and targets. No guns. The store in Florida City sells rifles(including AR-15s)and shotguns. Some companies manufacture AR-15s that fire both.223 Remington and 5.56 without the need for a conversion kit.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

Ok I know things have changed with various laws and such, but going back to the 80s.....I remember there were magazines where people could easily mail order all sorts of conversion kits and such and they weren't pricey at all. They also had huge clips you could use for shot guns that with some help would make shooting a LOT of rounds quickly very simple. And if someone lives in the country (has homes in places like Vegas and Reno - which I heard this nut job had) it's not difficult to find places to practice shooting unnoticed. But lets be real - he didn't have to be some sort of marksman to spray bullets throughout a massive crowd of people.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Preach brother preach. This rebel fantasy of fighting the government is dumb as fuck. Whether biological or a good old fashion hellfire middle from a drone regular citizens are at the mercy of those in charge. Use more civilized channels it's our only bet

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There was a shooting death at a Las Vegas gun range. The victim was a firearms instructor. He was teaching a customer about how to handle a MAC-10. The customer fired and hit the instructor, killing him instantly.

My late older brother was an instructor. One day he and his students were at the range. A man in one of the lanes was having trouble with his gun. One of his students went over to assist the man. A moment later, a gunshot was heard. The man in the lane who had trouble with his gun shot himself and died. It was ruled a suicide.

My interest in guns started for me in 1979. The first time I fired a gun was when I was in the NJROTC. It was a .22 rifle. It reminded me of firing a BB gun. Of course films Like Dirty Harry got me interested in the .44 magnum and the .357 magnum. My dad once had a Ruger Security Six when he was a New Jersey State Trooper. I wasn't interested in automatic or semi-automatic firearms. But it changed later. I remember thinking it wasn't easy to get an assault rifle back in the days, but a visit to the local gun shop in town told me that it was as easy as having the money to buy one.

High capacity magazines were o bit odd to me. But they exist and continue to be manufactured today.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Even more surprising is the manufacture of a 5.56 mm mini Gatling gun that is also available to the public.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Man i just find the idealism behind politics becoming more and more ridiculous. Its like to trying to convince someone to eat broccoli or quit cigarettes. People will not change their culture, habits, or fundamental way of being until they get ready if ever.

Who in their right mind decides to hold their breath until the shit happens? Lol Let them have the damn guns so we can move on.....sheesh

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Exactly. We get upset over these large scale tragedies when more people are dying daily because of lack of healthcare or homelessness. Everyone is so damn short sighted

14. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

hhaha. Beasty is on that CRISPR shit ... Most black people are absolutely sleeping on that shit, snoring with their mouths wide open and drool running down their cheek... That CRISPR shit edits your fucking GERMLINE into whatever they want to make of it -- from preternaturally complacent to sterile to dead ... the kits are cheap... and already race-ghouls like Charles Murray (of "The Bell Curve" fame) have advocated using such "therapies" against black people.

The powers that be can do shit to populations more opaquely than ever these days... Y'all people better hope your "jesus" comes back soon! :D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

I think most people who reach the point of being ready to kill cops entertain no notions of going home again... They aim to be killed in the process... not survive and go home in comfort...

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The point of no return.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Idealism in politics is nothing new and nothing old. When someone makes the decision to go into politics it is for the same reason; to change the world. In the process, alliances are formed, money to be made, decisions to be considered. The politician is a human being and is not immune to anything. No one knows what will happen down the road. No one knows what they will do or how to respond.

The gun was the tool that built this country. The gun is the talisman of freedom for the white man. As actor Alan Ladd said in the film classic Shane, "A gun is a tool. It's only as good or as bad as the man using it."

These people who want to change the world are not open to the changes. Out of fear they fight against them.

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

The M-16s in the military have semi auto and burst functions. I never saw any full auto M-16s.

19. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

It's as easy as sitting someone down and explaining anything else to someone. Lecture plus hands on training. We learn how to fire a weapon in the military within a week or two(not the most accurately but we can hit a target). All he really has to do is find someone who is into weapons and I think at his age, he knew someone out there who had experience with weapons. You hit the gun range or wherever you like to shoot frequently enough, you're gonna get better. People let rounds off in the middle of nowhere all the time. Plus, he wasn't displaying a skill on the level of clearing a room, shooting on the move and being effective in close quarters like SWAT or infantrymen. He was in prone or had a surface to stabilize his weapon while spraying and praying into a crowd of over 22,000. The greatest challenge of the actual shooting was likely keeping it steady while firing full auto, which I assume he knew how to manage. It was fish in a barrel at that point. Him getting the weapons into the hotel is more surprising than how he was able to commit the act itself(although him sneaking weapons in could've been as simple as spreading out the number of suitcases he brought in).

20. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Notice how the media plays the crazy card everytime a white boy does this shit.

If this were a Brother they'd be saying he's the product of a violent culture.