Mass shooting at Country Music Festival in Las Vegas (50+ dead, 500+ injured)

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ColiBreh1, Oct 2, 2017.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This is horrific. 20 dead! 100 injured!

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

America Greastest Country in the world...
    RIP to those lost.

....was the shooter Black?

4. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

They identified the shooter at 64-year-old Patrick Haddock.

I don't know what his ethnicity was but they were able to get his wife in custody to try to find out more

just an awful thing to happen I can't even imagine experiencing something like this...

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The shooter doesn't appear to have been religiously motivated to kill people, so far this looks like domestic terrorism although it's too early to say.

50 dead and the death toll is expected to rise. Unbelievable.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It's being labeled a "Lone Wolf Killing", so White shooter. It if were any non or off White looking person, it would be labeled as a "Terrorist Attack". Trump would be all on Twitter ranting about it as well.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. andreboba

Bet they're trying now to find out who he voted for.

10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Man oh man I hear it is up to 50 dead. People are saying that this is the worst shooting in US History. It is so silly the way that they define terrorism. The American people know terrorism when they see it.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Right wingers across America are recovering from shock:

"You mean to tell me he wasn't of Middle-Eastern descent? He wasn't a former ISIS fighter Obama allowed into the country? No?! An illegal from Mexico? A Trump-hating Black Lives Matter thug? A psychotic leftie who voted for crooked Hillary?! Come on!"

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I heard it was Stephen Paddock. And that his companion is not his wife ( who resides elsewhere.) This man also had apparently filed 2 lawsuits against Resorts.
    Fucking madman.

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Stop it. The dead bodies are still warm, can you have some sympathy for the victims and spare the sarcasm. Seriously.

15. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

The whole story unfolding leaves us with so many questions because everything is so odd...

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Piss off, "Bliss".

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  17. K

K Well-Known Member

so far no criminal record found

he shot and killed himself as the police came to his door

58 possibly 59 killed

515 injured - number expected to rise

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I have been getting a lot of questions this morning from people who thought that fully automatic weapons were illegal, but for most states fully automatic weapons are in fact legal just harder to get per below. No doubt the use of a fully automatic weapon made this tragedy even worse, it should be interesting to see the renewed calls for tighter gun control...

"Fully automatic weapons are legal in most states, but require an extensive federal background check and a permit from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms"

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/17/politics/fact-check-guns/index.html

19. andreboba

Semi automatic weapons can be modified to become fully automatic, so my gun friends tell me.

If you can buy a semiauto AR15, you've also got an automatic machine gun if you know how to make the right modifications.

20. andreboba

People are just being honest.
    You know Trump would have blasted at least 50 tweets already if the shooter was a person of color or had a Middle Eastern surname.

Instead we have to listen to conservative politicians tells us, once again, this isn't the time to talk about gun regulation.
    The same shit they say after every mass shooting.

BTW there's no way to prevent what happened from occurring again because ANYONE in this country can buy almost any kind of firearm they want.
    Like Obama said, mass shootings are the new normal in America, until our elected leader choose to do something about it.