Louisiana Judge barred from restaurant after making racist statment.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by glt1980, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

IMO when it comes to politics I believe Bliss has a big blind spot. In her zeal to play devil's advocate (in theory its always a good thing to look at issues from multiple perspectives) she dismisses links from what she considers leftist sources due to bias, yet has no issue posting highly dubious to outright blatant far right sources to bolster her counter arguments. It is a bit baffling for someone who speaks with eloquence, intelligence and compassion on other issues (even when we dont agree, I can at least respect her views on other topics) to be so willing to believe right wing conspiracy theory after right wing conspiracy theory. And yes I agree she would never admit to being in the wrong under any circumstances, which is why she does not like me "contesting" her posts.

2. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

My response to you is that we had our chance !!.... We had a black leader at the pinnacle with broad ranging powers to improve and better serve our interest.....but his interest did not coincide with our interest.....The man signed 3 stimulus packages, anyone-of-which could have been earmarked with specific mandates directing of millions to retrain and retool unemployed or under employed American black men....... That should have been a priority......President Obama had that option !!.....Even the hard right elements concede that an investment in indigenous black men to become tax payers again would have been a better pay-off for the country than to opening the flood gates of immigration to hundreds of thousands of needy from south America, the Middle east and Africa...How in the hell dose that help the struggling black cause in America....We have a finite amount of resources and we have own poor President Obama.......The change came because it was discovered that President Obama and Hillary Clinton had a globalist agenda to incorporate the world problems with Americas problems......Too many Americans are still nationalistic and have selected a surrogate to serve Americas interest first.....Finally, how can we be offended by his cabinet officer choices when black people opposed him so vociferously in the election... Dark King, his cabinet array is only a reflection of those who invested in him as a candidate......For Democrats, Out of power in everything from state house seats ,Governorships, the congress and the Senate, It will have to be a bitter, dirty waiting game for a number of years.............

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Don't give me that Snopes garbage. I saw that before l even posted and they said it was unconfirmed. Sniped no longer are credible to me since l learned those two BDSM motherfuckers who run the site get high and then write their junk.

Its in the video. He endorses Hillary. He also said in a tweet he endorses her because of her hidden agenda.

Funny how it's credible when it's Trump but not Hillary or (Obama.). Ever.

Miss me.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Didn't know he was in real estate. Well prepare for the next housing crash. When all these people default because their jobs have been taken my automation and pension funds robbed I wonder how they're gonna pay for anything. Oh coal jobs that's right

5. The Dark King

Fam you do know that Congress controls the money right? Despite what the current president is trying to show us a president is not a king and can't just make things one way.
    He also deported more people than any President before him so I honestly don't get where this notion of open boarders come from.
    At what point could he have introduced a retraining program that the right wouldn't strike down out of spite?
    The man practically begged for infrastructure investment for two terms and couldn't get bipartisan cooperation. It wasn't just for black people it was for all Americans and they had an agenda to make him unsuccessful at the expense of the American people.
    The only thing I will criticize is all the polite bullet for two years when the Democrats had control. They should learn to bulldoze right through Republicans drag these people kicking and screaming into prosperity.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh stop. You only contest mine, never anyone else's even when l show proof they are wrong.
    Don't speak about never admitting wrong - according to you Obama never did one thing wrong and to most of you Hillary never did either.

I get you reside in a cacoon setting here and your views are rarely challenged but there is so much else wrong about your two candidates, yet you ride or die with them, and it baffles me that you never admit to their short-comings.

I at least admit Trump is cringe-worthy and l wasn't always for him but when l see the God awful vitriol and pathetic dummy-spitting. and now sanctioned VIOLENT side of the Left, it sickens me to no end. I can never and will never co-sign that.

Your links are as subjective as mine. Just because it's "you" posting them does not ever change that fact.
    Even when l produced neutral media sites, you never addressed the content - rather you attempted to deflect by asking me why l suddenly used a MSM source since l have criticized them here. Danned if l do, damned if l don't, right?

It's impossible to show you otherwise because you and others have this enourmous blind-spot to any facts that may counter the Left ideology.
    I refuse to participate even at the expense of being ganged-up on.

I'm not stupid, this has becone a biased site that has slowly controlled the narrative for so long, by a select few, chasing away moderate or conservative members both male and female and this is what you have ended up with.

7. The Dark King

You really think she's looking at everything objectively usually? Interesting

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Arch, you really have to do better fact checking on your political opinions, first, Obama only signed 1 stimulus package, the other was under Bush. Here are some FACTS, irrefutable facts about President Obama regarding your points above. Do better Arch, dont just parrot far right nonsense regarding the President Obama's performance

Programs to improve economic conditions for minorities: http://www.blackenterprise.com/feat...e-track-record-for-helping-african-americans/

President Obama’s JumpStart Our Business Start-up (JOBS) Act resulted in a major shift in securities laws that meant the emancipation of capital for minority and women-owned businesses, who traditionally have struggled with gaining access to capital through traditional means. More minorities and lower net worth individuals were able to get in on investments that can drive more wealth generation to their communities. Thanks to Titles II, III, and IV, a start-up can publicly raise capital, participate in equity-based crowdfunding and use online tools to find investors, as well as raise up to $50 million from both non-accredited investors and accredited investors (those making at least $200,000 a year or have a million dollar net-worth).

Under President Obama’s watch there was an emphasis on black males. In February 2014, the president introduced My Brother’s Keeper, to specifically focus on improving the lives of young African American males. The initiative encouraged nonprofits to raise $200 million in five years for programs focused on young men of color. Though My Brother’s Keeper is not a federally-funded government program, no such effort has existed before under any American president.

Awarded $1.2 Billion To Black Farmers

President Obama’s administration oversaw the $1.2 billion settlement awarded to Black farmers who have been denied loans and assistance by the Agricultural Dept. for decades.

Expanded Funding For HBCUs

In February of this year, President Obama signed an executive order increasing funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to $850 million over the next 10 years. The funding is being administered through the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities that was, ironically, started by the late Ronald Reagan.

And when some people trot out statistics showing that Black people are not seeing the same gains as other ethnic groups show them this article http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/15/news/economy/blacks-trump-obama/

Lastly your view that Obama "opened the flood gates to immigrants is 100% false.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story?id=41715661

"How many people have been deported under Obama?
    President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the "Deporter in Chief."
    Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

How does he compare to other presidents?
    According to governmental data, the Obama administration has deported more people than any other president's administration in history.
    In fact, they have deported more than the sum of all the presidents of the 20th century."

President Obama's immigration policy was so efficient that Trump is now following similar strategies.
    Trump’s Shift in Immigration Stance Echoes Obama Administration Policy https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps...echoes-obama-administration-policy-1472599365

9. The Dark King

Don't put up bullshit arguments when A lawyer is around. Damn

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Nonsense Bliss, I have posted links CRITICIZING President Obama, and detailing his failures, in fact you have commented on some of those posts, for example http://whitewomenblackmen.com/forum...s-attending-flight-schools.25885/#post-905523.

My views are rarely challenged around here, because I can back them up with FACTS and LOGIC, and can admit when I either did not know the whole story, or was flat out wrong on an issue.
    When you post links from reputable sites (by the way, I have posted links from FOX in the past) not right wing conspiracy nonsense that is EASILY debunked, we can and have had reasonable debate. You are irritated that I have shown you to post links from literal hate groups that would gladly see HARM come to the members of this site. You have seen me REPEATEDLY state my involvement with the GOP over the years and nobody ever tried to "chase me away".

It seems you forget that I have had NUMEROUS contentious political debates here with other members, not just you, Paniro, Arch, Goodlove, and others just to name a few. When you can have a truly unbiased debate based on facts and logic, I will be glad to engage. By the way, other than the last Keith Olberman video, you have not seen me criticize Trump as yet, I even said I was further researching the issue before making a decision. You jumped in claiming that I was anti-Trump based on that alone, when we should have been discussing the VERY serious issue of the media blackout on the EPA and USDA websites. So spare me your false righteous indignation here Bliss, I have shown repeatedly here in the forum that I can be respectful and enjoy debating with those of alternate viewpoints, can you really say the same?

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How does he compare to other presidents?
    According to governmental data, the Obama administration has deported more people than any other president's administration in history.
    In fact, they have deported more than the sum of all the presidents of the 20th century."

Why do you continue to push this false narrative?
    I repeatedly shown you that Obama COUNTED THOSE TURNED AWAY AT THE BORDER. No other president did that. It's hilarious to me that you BELIEVE. he deported more illegal aliens than every President combined.

I listened to a recording of Obama promising to be tough on illegal immigration, he told the listener that they must respect and obey our laws.
    This is the Obama l believed in. He even rounded up thousands in raids. Great.

But then he changed his ideology to that of open borders and Dreamers and to "hinting" just before the recent election in an interview on illegals immigrants that Your vote is aynonymous, no one knows who votes or for whom.

Trump is once again enforcing the laws that Obama inexplicably midway through his Presidency, thumbed his nose at, with the help of Holder

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Bliss did you miss the part in bold below? Please post a link (from a reputable source, even if its conservative) that debunks the ABC news reporting.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story?id=41715661

"How many people have been deported under Obama?
    President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the "Deporter in Chief."
    Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (

13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Assuming you are talking about the interview Obama gave to Gina rodriguez, whether you agree with Obama's policies or not, you have to admit that he is a VERY intelligent person, how can you POSSIBLY believe that a sitting president would encourage illegal actions, ON NATIONAL TV?!?!

"No such thing happened. As Mediaite’s Alex Griswold reported on Nov. 7, here’s the question and President Obama’s response:

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, etc. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

“When you vote, you are a citizen yourself” is a phrase that should forestall any attempts to twist the president’s words. But Fox Business just glossed over them. Here’s how it chose to edit the exchange:

HOST GINA RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ddled-by-fox-business/?utm_term=.635cbf05ff6d

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You know what I know. I just put 2 and 2 together...lol. Does he not design houses? Demand for real estate will be good here for the foreseeable future. Count on it. The people with deep pockets will always desire real estate in Florida. They are the investment class. They can care less about people losing their jobs.

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Well people need the basics, food, water, and shelter, it seems that the population projections for Florida are calling for steady increases...https://www.bebr.ufl.edu/population

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yes l can say the same. You and l have for the most part kept it cordial even harking back to Tiger Woods parenting style, as contentious as that became, it didn't dissolve..

However it's difficult to remain neutral when you choose to counter my facts with yours and dismiss mine as opinion ( which you did with Politifacts biases and outright lies when l showed them to you, for example). That was an opportunity to show your non-bias but you did not.

Further you now state l post from Site who wish harm on the men here - seriously? Stop it. A fact is a fact is a fact is it not. Please don't go there. II don't frequent or ever support sites wishing to harm ANYONE. I am looking up information.I don't necessarily check a HISTORY of a Site if l am providing a fact for you. That's not my job to do. I focus on the facts. We are all guilty of that if you want to be honest. So l would appreciate if you didn't resort that low level.

Now I did see the one post from three years ago where you showed concern for the reversal of Libyians status...ok. That's one, lol. In how many posts?
    Look, we can certainly keep this exchange for posterity and as a base of accountability, which will, if nothing else,, tighten up our fact checking research. Perhaps disclaimers will have to become the norm then...

Because even this very thread story alone now has more details to it but l have not posted them because it seems if you post facts that some here may not like - which you can never tell with this bunch - you're rained on.
    I'm blessed that I'm Greek and l can handle it (since we invented political discourse (discussions), (muah @socrates), but others just stop participating. I feel for them.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Loki, l have actually WATCHED the interview. You should too.
    You can not walk away from it with seeing what he did there.

He absolutely is a very smart man, smart enough to imply without implying. An alternative form of 'plausable deniability', if you will, lol.

Do you honestly think he would arrest anyone who voted illegally?
    I can say Trump would. Can you?

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

If memory serves Bliss, the links you posted regarding Politifact did not claim that their researching and fact checking were "wrong" or lacked factual basis, just that they focused their fact checking more on conservative politicians/causes/issues more than on liberal ones. If you have links that can show examples of how Politifact flat out "got it wrong" I would be interested in reviewing such information. You say you dont focus on the history of a site that you may use to support your posts, but surely you see the potential problem with that approach as some sites (especially those on "Hatewatch" lists) will twist/spin or flat out lie with their "facts" to advance their agenda.

As far as further criticism of President Obama, I have posted this link multiple times http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-broken/, often times in response to accusations that I "never criticize President Obama", I did so multiple times in my litany of debates when conservative poster James was posting here, so its been a lot more than 1 time.

If you are willing, yes lets move forward with a renewed commitment of accountability and more rigorous analysis of "any" fact checking source.

19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I watched the video as well, I think the commentator at 2:37 nailed it that Obama absolutely did not argue for safe haven for illegals to vote, but clearly the other two commentators disagreed. This will be an issue where we will have to agree to disagree, but as, to the best of my knowledge, there has been no tangible proof of the so called "millions" of illegals that the Trump administration is claiming voted in the election, and the fact that the President, even if you dont believe the ABC, (and other sources) deportation numbers, there is no doubt that President Obama was tough on illegals.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Barack ate scooby doo. Unforgiveable.