Louisiana Judge barred from restaurant after making racist statment.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by glt1980, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I've never been one to deny that the GOP has attracted racially-motivated people. I think it's bizzare that so many are fixated on one segment of the population that is only at most, 15%.
    Having said that I also know many Conservatives who really don't give a shit and a more concerned about open borders, job losses, high taxes, less govt interference, the debt being left to their children, and personal safety for their family. I know many who abhor racism.

Virulent opposition and racist (and sexist) effigies are used by both party supporters. My ex-boyfriend would wear a a t-shirt with a pic of Bush as Hitler on it. Even here, Trump is called Hitler when that is actually insulting to Holocaust victims, IMO.

I agree Obama was stymied to a ridiculous degree by yes, those who did so just because they didn't respect him as the POTUS and as a Black <~ POTUS.
    However he did have the Senate for two-years but still complained about constant obstruction? How was he any different than Trump is right now?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well if it matters, you seem like a wonderful man with thought-full, moderate views that are fair and balanced, (barring your one hiccup tonight :)) and always come off to me as even-keeled. Cheers.

3. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

How you continue to make these arguments, so isolated, ..this many years later,.... in this post election climate and on website with opinions so full of passion and vitriol, ...... is........ INCOMPREHENSIBLE !!.....God bless you woman, you have a special determination !!......

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol..fair n balanced, devil's advocate, etc (though you know many here will take that literally, lmao.)
    Nice to see you Arch. Some things l don't even post because l treasure AB's blood pressure, l keep Beauty's snarl juuuust at bay and TDK,... well, who cares.
    Anyhoo..how is (are?) the tropics, and sucessful business treating you?

5. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

did a bit of research here are two cases not exactly the same but take from it what you will

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_0700b83b-db26-51df-b695-28a30120b51b.html
    About a year ago Judge Erwin sentenced Kedric J. Williams to 50 years in prison with no possibility of parole for possession with intent to distribute. He had about $1000 worth of Heroin plus cash on him at the time of his arrest. The judge said that he would have liked to have sentenced him to life. The law changed in 2001 from life sentence to 5 to 50 years. He also noted when dealers were given life there were few heroin related deaths.
    [​IMG]

*Note* Williams was also on parole at the time of arrest, but that had no baring on his sentencing in this case.

Now here is another case he presided over.
    http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_4b8369bb-be44-5e71-a819-b26d31760c51.html
    A man drives drunk has a BAC of .307 KILLS a person and injures another is convicted of vehicular homicide and negligent injuring, he could have faced a total of 30 years, but the judge followed the agreement between the DA and the defendants lawyer and only handed him 7.5 years, the first 5 without parole, and the last 2.5 years at least 85% must be served so basically 2 years.

While there was an agreement the judge does still have to accept or reject it.
    [​IMG]

*Note* Branch had at least 1 prior arrest for DUI.

Dealing Heroin = 50 years no parole
    DUI+Homicide+Injury = 7 years

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Doesn't surprise me on iota.

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Those times when you find yourself struggling to remain optimistic.

8. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Bliss, I am like you.....I am taking my blessings in life with-out fretting.....I made an investment in the right education and so I am stable.....and as long as people continue to relocate to Florida, my business will churn......Now I also subscribe to your political philosophy.....President Obama is gone now, but I feel no inclination to march, resist or topple new authority....All of George Soros billions couldn't pay me enough to disparage my city........And so, I am like you, along for the ride to see if America can be made great again.......

9. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

First off. This guy is a district court judge. Most people who vote down ticket in elections don't know a goddamn thing about the candidate besides his party affiliation. Unless he was out there saying this shit publicly, how the fuck would black voters know that he's a racist?

Secondly, FUCK OFF with the both parties are equally bad on race nonsense.

Which party was it that had a former klansman run what was essentially a white supremacist campaign for governor and come very close to winning in recent history in the same state?

[​IMG]

I didn't see the Klan endorsing the Democrats in the year 2016.

[​IMG]

You can drop the false equivalency bullshit. No sane person would deny that there are racists in both parties. The issue is with the polices that are being pushed not individuals. Which party is it that's actively been trying to deny black people the right to vote since the VRA was gutted by by the Supreme Court?

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/27/voter-suppression-is-the-real-election-scandal/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  10. Frederick

Lookie who stepped out the woodwork to co-sign Bliss's factually bereft, right wing bullshit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. Frederick

Look at this shit. Trump literally has a cabinet full of crooked billionaires who are about to assrape the country, and this ignorant motherfucker is complaining about George Soros.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. flaminghetero

hahahahahahaha:D

13. flaminghetero

Soros is the boogieman right-wing cucks like to blame for everything.

Soros ain't the one in the White house.

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It wasn't great before? What was wrong with it?

You're an educated guy we had similar upbringings. Can you honestly say that his cabinet picks and appointees fill you with confidence? Are you not disgusted by the gross hypocrisy riddled within his administration?
    Or is this a party above all situation?

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Btw anyone who's business is reliant on everyday people having income is in for a rude ass awakening. Your business can only exist if everyone gets to participate in the economy. What happens when they gut the economy and destroy social welfare?

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

That's all you have up your nasty sleeve. You're jealous. He's hardworking, successful, brilliant minded, charming, fit, STRONG, and gorgeously handsome ...so you resort to a typical DEFAULT MINDSET. You jealous, bitter crab.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Florida will be the hot real estate market for the foreseeable future. I totally disagree with him politically, but as far as business, he has a good model.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

VIDEO=> KKK Grand Dragon Endorses Hillary Clinton
    Jim Hoft Aug 26th, 2016 10:22 am

[​IMG]

For some reason this didn’t make it into her racism speech yesterday in Reno

[​IMG]

This interview took place after a KKK rally in California in March.

Reporter: Who do you like for president, sir.

Will Quigg: Hillary Clinton.

Reporter: Do you think whites are superior to Blacks and Latinos?

Will Quigg: Well we are God’s chosen people

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign has received more than $20,000 in donations contributed by members of the Ku Klux Klan, a prominent member of the hate group announced earlier this year
    ---------

Now YOU go kindly FUCK YOURSELF.

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Bliss will argue that the sky is orange, find a link about it and stick to that story till the end of time.