Louisiana Judge barred from restaurant after making racist statment.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by glt1980, Feb 12, 2017.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Judge Mike Erwin - 19th Judicial District Court

[​IMG]
    http://www.bet.com/news/national/20...-for-a-n----r---white-louisiana-judge-ba.html

On February 3, Baton Rouge resident Kaneitra Johnson witnessed the ordeal and made a public Facebook post over the weekend that recounted the story.

“I’m halfway on the seat and the Lyft driver is on the other half of the seat,” Johnson said. “Then he asked for his jacket. All of a sudden I hear this older man behind me tell the Lyft driver, ‘You never give up your seat for a n*gger.’”

Johnson said the man continued, “You should have made her get her fat n*gger a** up.”

Eventually the police were called and questioned the older man who made the comments. Johnson later learned the racist man was Judge Mike Erwin of Louisiana’s 19th Judicial District Court

And here is an interesting tidbit Judge Erwin later graduated from Southern University School of Law in 1979.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'm trying to be shocked, but I'm not.

The one good thing about the rise of the alt-right and Trump being in the WH is that more racists are comfortable sharing their views in public, so we can see who they are.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Dirty South living up to it's name once again.

Can't say I miss living in the state where I grew up. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Not surprising since racists are emboldened by the Trump election.

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Think of all the black men this POS had locked up and probably let good ol' boys off for the same crimes

They should reopen all his past cases due to RACIAL BIAS

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

No doubt he did. Hope there is a investigation on that racist judge.

7. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

White supremacy, runs throughout ever phase of white society the world over.

8. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

If such a minor incident inspired such an outburst..you can imagine the reaction the very site of a Black person in his court inspires.

9. RicardoCooper

He probably sells black people to the prisons for a kickback while letting white trash meth-heads off for the same, exact crimes

Somebody needs to examine his rulings

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They'll have to go all the way back to 1979 because he was an Assistant City Prosecutor in Baton Rouge City Court from 1979-1981. And then he served as an Assistant District Attorney with the East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney's Office from 1981-1990, before he was elected to the 19th Judicial District Court in 1991. There's a whole lot of shady shit that could have gone down from 1979 through present day.

Plus this old motherfucker must be getting ready to retire from the bench, because there's no way he's served this long as a judge and this is the first time he has publicly said some fuck ass shit like this and it not make the news to draw possible attention to his rulings or to be asked to step down over it.

11. andreboba

What's crazy is that many people think a true blue racist is an uneducated, cousin fucking, no teeth having redneck.

The truth is, there are some highly educated, wealthy, high functioning racists in America who actually hold sway over other people's lives.
    Steve Bannon is a similar type of guy. So is Trump.
    Those are the most dangerous racists because they can disguise it better and now are in position to implement policies that reflect their world view.

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

He has a noose underneath his podium that he holds onto dearly. He clenches it tightly when a black person walks through those doors.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Dude is a long-time Democrat. Whom Blacks voted for. I keep saying it's more the individual than the party. Look at Boston.

Wondering what the Lyft driver has to say as well. He's MIA. Anyone know if he's spoken out?

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Point of order

If you would be so kind as to refrain from saying "Blacks" Instead please feel free to use the more socially acceptable 'Black PEOPLE' or the more formal African-Americans.

Thank you and good night

15. RicardoCooper

Strangely enough, the thinking black man might come out OK in the Trump era. Muslims, Arabs and Mexicans have come here and thought they were automatically better than native blacks. Now they're getting their wake-up call. ICE is cleaning house, Muslim Ban, build that wall, send troops into Chiraq, clean out the thugs and babymamas. Who wins? Smart Black Men who did right.

Silver lining.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Honestly Thump, if you would be so kind as to miss me with your 'point of order' as if my comment was out of order.

Here on the forum since its inception, the words Whites, Blacks, and abbreviations WP, BP, WW WM, BW, BM, BC, AA, and African American have been used interchangeably by everyone. No harm, no foul.

Furthermore, where is your"admonishment" when "Whites" is used? Or how about "Coons and Uncle Tom's"?

Better still, why don't you write to NBC news instead to complain..

Trump Did Better With Blacks, Hispanics Than Romney in ‘12: Exit Polls
    by AMANDA SAKUMA NBC News
    Trump claimed 29 percent of the Hispanic vote on Tuesday compared to Romney's 27 percent in 2012. With blacks, exit polls show Trump claimed 8 percent of the vote to the previous Republican nominee's 6 percent.

Or contact BIG..
    Blacks In Government (BIG)
    Blacks in Government › home
    Established in 1975, the Blacks in Government organization has helped. African Americans in federal service...

Or contact Huffington Post
    Why So Many Blacks Backed Trump | The Huffington Post
    Huffington Post
    Nov 14, 2016

Or try The Root's number...
    Omarosa Manigault, 4 Other Blacks Who Love Trump and the Jobs ...
    The Root
    AMP - Nov 12, 2016

You get my point. Nothing malicious in my comment or of anyone in genetal saying, "Blacks voted.."

Goodnight to you, too.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

^^^
    I don't actually care, I'm just busting your chops, but it is a questionable way of describing people.

18. andreboba

I'm sorry but I saw how conservative Whites and the Tea Party lost their shit when Obama was elected and used some of the most virulent, racist imagery and rhetoric to attack him.
    I saw a conservative Congress block nearly every piece of legislation Obama advocated, even it was a policy formerly supported by the GOP, simply because BHO was for it.

It's not a tit for tat thing where White progressives are just as racist as White conservatives.

I really don't care if this judge is an elected Democrat or Republican. He's clearly NOT a progressive. Just like West Virginia Democratic Senator Joe Manchion isn't a liberal.

To move forward you have to accept the fact that the GOP and many Trump supporters are motivated by racism and preserving a bizarre sense of White supremacy.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Maybe it is but "women" get it "men" get it - dang near every demographic gets the all-inclusive "label". Lol I'm going to call it "Thumping' now if you don't use AA. (btw l made an active thread once on how many Black PEOPLE ( happy?) don't identify as AA. ..was an interesting discussion.

Anyway, why are you busting my chops?, l get enough of tag-teaming debates from my favorite usual suspects, ha ha!

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Nothing personal, I like to be a stinker every once and awhile, no rhyme or reason to it. ;)