Lookism? Beauty Standards?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bhayes, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Bhayes

Bhayes New Member

glad you notice that. no offense to swirlman07. but he doesn't see it.

2. z

z Well-Known Member

confidence is good thing, but you got to know your strength and weakness in life, be it height, weight, facial symmetry, brain power, education status, money, family, contacts, etc... they all matter. You also got to be realistic with your assets and deficts, otherwise, if you got nothing going on for you and all you've got is confidence, then you will certainly be a cowboy with all hats but NO cattle.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  3. Bhayes

Bhayes New Member

good quote. i'll have to remember that.

recently i was clearing out my spam in my e-mail and i found a ad for a nude beach website for a european beach, i know don't which country. i glanced at it for a sec. and i saw a older man with a pot belly and less than average size endowment and he had a attractive woman on his arm and behind him.

and i did some research on these countries in europe and their culture and even on some of these nude beaches too.

now this type of man i saw doesn't have the looks, the money, the muscles, the car and the career etc., and he is somewhat old too. but he has a woman and he feels good about himself. i know that this is just photo on a website but i get a feeling that i'm missing out on something, while i feel the pressure to get my game together for some attractive american i could be taking it easy somewhere else.

clearly this type and level of lookism, materialsm and narcissim is mostly an american thing.

but you are right all men aren't created equal. I know i said i would stop doing this. but i feel the temptation to do so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3YR1ZTonc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCQJO77U3I

i'm glad i'm alleast average height. being short would be a real bitch.

a former short friend of mine who is an investment hustler knows what i mean.

when things are going good for financially he has hot women around him. When he goes broke or his hustles don't work out all the fine ladies dissappear.

this is the type of stuff i see everyday. but i'm gonna try harder to focus on the positive. but i don't really have a positive opinion of certain types of american women. i'm not saying that men are gods gift to women but i'm alittle bitter.

4. OpenHeart

OpenHeart New Member

I loved how you sliced this. I pictured a man who owned a nice Land Rover...but no land. Priorities are of utmost importance...especially in times like these.

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

:smt023

6. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

Real Talk :cool:

7. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Amen!

We can't change who we are in one sense, but we can in others. I know that I was born looking the way I look and built the way I'm built. I have certain personality traits/characteristics and whatever disposition I have. I can only try and better my blueprint, cause I can't be anyone but me.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You could be mine :smt060

9. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

LOL....awww

10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

:smt023

11. briancali

briancali Member

Hi, my name is Briancali and i am a black male. However, to answer your question it depends on your homehold a great deal, and you see this in many communities around the world, not only blacks. It is not a black thing, it depends on your upbringing. However, me personally i am attractive to black, white, and for some reason pacific islanders, i don't look at the color, but the personality and intelligence is a important quality as well. I would love to date a cute white or black female nerd. lol