Lookism? Beauty Standards?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bhayes, Mar 16, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You love it lol

2. TheHuntress

TheHuntress Well-Known Member

Sometimes, when it's dark and I'm really lonely. :)

3. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Facial symmetry....lol

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

There's a standard shared by nearly the entire human race about symmetry, clear (blemish-free, not pale) skin, median distance between the eyes, no over/under-bite, et cetera, that stems from our common knuckle-dragging, club-swinging past. Beyond that, the rest is just changing cultural trends, fashion and the like.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

no it is not..glad you finally realized that

again..life is not fair.....really it's not
    :smt039

but..like he said....you do have control over other things, like physical appearance, eating right, grooming, weight lifting, etc. You can also make up for shortcomings by working hard in school and going into an elite field like medicine or law. Many people find intelligence and ambition, just as sexy and attractive as a handsome face and muscles.

But yeah..LIFE AINT FAIR

lol

6. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Facial structure I will agree with.. regardless of preference, the boring explanation is that people find even, symmetrical features attractive (perhaps with a little 'quirk' on a beautiful face). This can be applied across many cultures. Similarly, for body structure although type may vary it's about proportion.

7. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Petty is throwing some truth in here.

8. Ymra

Ymra New Member

I need to first get over being called "brown"

9. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

my ups man is hot hot hot so i ask him on the regular what can "brown " do for me...just to be a smartass!:smt045

10. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/Derek_Jeter1.jpg
    Oh god, are you kidding? No offence to the guy, but I can't see him ever being anyone's ideal and definitely wouldn't put him down as a standard of a 'good looking' guy. Especially not here among women with a preference for black guys.

Anyway, I know everyone says it and no-one believes it, but confidence and personality will outshine your looks every time. If you're charming and confident, people will barely notice any flaws you think you have. Something like body building, etc. works because it not only makes you look good, but it gives you the confidence to make the right kind of effort with people. Especially for guys! I don't mean to be sexist or anything, but I have found that in my experience, women are less focussed on looks and more likely to fall for a charmer than a good-looking guy with no social skills.

Obviously, no-one thinks to themselves "Oh, s/he looks like he could charm the pants off me *swoon*" that would be where the confidence comes in ;-)

There are things that won't be overlooked though, such as creepy behaviour and bad personal hygiene, but nothing that can't be fixed(it really is not that hard to make an effort with cleanliness D: ) and there are always going to be shallow people who won't give you the chance to win them over, but who wants to be with someone that shallow anyway?

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Smart girl

12. Leksola

Leksola New Member

I find that dude XBOX girl and others have been talking about really ugly.

She is right though, charm intelligence and humour go a very long way with women.

Conversely, even if a guy was gorgeous if he was really dumb or pig headed as he'd get no heat from me (even if it's not the type of relationship that focused on conversation).

13. OpenHeart

OpenHeart New Member

LOL, I'd rather be with Terry Crews any day. This man is way sexier and more masculine than Derek. Derek Jeters does nothing for me. But Terry...my goodness! Humph!

You may find Caucasian features on a man to be attractive, but I love the features of black men because they are so masculine. Derek is biracial. Biracial men can't hold a candle to black men in no kind of way in my book. You said that Derek is the standard. Who's standard? I don't care about anyone else's standard...only mine. I certainly did not know that Derek was the standard. Boy am I behind times! But I will stick with what I like...dark skinned black men.

My, My, My!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 11eleven11

11eleven11 New Member

Agreed! As someone who is attracted to white guys too, I'm still not feeling poor old Derek, but Terry is the reason I have 'everybody hates Chris' set to record 8) I think it's the eyes/smile combo with him actually, which just proves my point further! Everyone has nice eyes and anyone can smile :)

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Jeter is not good looking. I take these men any day over Jeter.

16. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

:smt023

17. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Hell yeah! Me too, and I was not one that dated exclusively black guys.

18. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I don't either, but in generally, black men win.

19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Hell yeah! So yummy! :tonqe: :smt050

20. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

Perfect face: [​IMG] :smt049