Living on Bitcoin

Discussion in 'In the News' started by The Dark King, Feb 21, 2015.

1. z

z Well-Known Member

TDK-please do, if you make a video, post it in here. I have had my digital wallet for a while, not so much business use bitcoin where I live, so I am pretty much going to stick to trading side and trying to educate myself to this interesting aspect of finance.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

When I posted that it was before me and some partners started building a brand. We have VIP members so I can't give out specific advice or even post videos but what I can do is load an episode of our podcast if you'd like

3. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Is it still worth getting into this bitcoin thing or has the ship left port without me already?

4. z

z Well-Known Member

sure, post the podcast.
    How can one join that VIP membership or acquire invitations?

5. The Dark King

Private message me

6. The Dark King

There is still a lot of room
    Do the research and open up an account on Coinbase. Right now is a little tough because of the volume of people but its worth it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Bitcoin just lost 40% of its value the last two weeks. What's up with that??

I also heard it's really difficult to trade in your bitcoins for cash right now.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'd buy and hold on to it now. I made money on Ripple (XRP) even though it lost value also. Just wish I had more to work with than the pennies I can spare.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. samson1701

Don't take anything I say as advice. I'm still learning about this cypto-stuff. I made a little bit of change. But, it was just as much by luck as anything else.

10. The Dark King

That's not true where did you get that from?
    And for arguments sake lets say it did. It went from 850 last year and its still over 11k today and two years ago it was 250.
    This is still generating historic profits. The problem right now is two fold big money is playing the shorting game and new investors are panic selling when the market isn't producing 10% daily returns like it was in March.
    Liquidation is actually far easier since there are more exchanges to work with.
    Where are you getting your information from?
    A lot of people with fomo love to spread fud. They feel like they missed the boat and spend all their time waiting for the "bubble" to pop to say I told you so.

11. andreboba

I read last month bitcoin lost 40% of its value, but it rebounded.
    Then I read on CNBC that bitcoin lost 10% of its value due to activity by the South Korean government I believe to try to regulate it.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/22/bit...rcent-to-start-week-to-below-11000-again.html

Also, is Bitconnect going out of business??? Are those investors going to be able to get their money back??
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5396239/bitcoin-price-investors-selling-gold-value-collapse/
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...p-cryptocurrency-for-solid-gold-a3745986.html

I'm concerned if bitcoin could be experiencing somethign of a bubble.
    I don't think bitcoin is going anywhere, I just worry about its valuation.

Feel free to give your opinion about the stories in the links I posted.

BTW is bitcoin's value $8K or $11K??

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  12. The Dark King

As of this post the current price is $10983
    Yes last month it went from around 20k down to 12k but again let me remind you it started the year at around 850. People took profits because of the holiday season and to pay pending tax bills before the tax code changed for traders. As of this year you are taxed on individual trades last year you were only taxed when "cashing out"
    As far as bitconnect is concerned those people had to know it was a scam, every reputable cryptocurrency space said that much. The problem is a lot of people came in at the same time not knowing it was a ponzi scheme. I'd see weekly posts on forums of people who would brag about lending money through bitconnect and seeing 400% return on a loan. Who in their right mind would take a loan knowing they had to pay back 4 times what it's worth. Any time they were challenged everyone would say us old heads were hating. So to answer your question as far as I know they aren't going to get their initial investment back.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I think if Amazon ever accepts crypto-currency, it's a game changer.

So I was reading the other day where a man wanted to buy a sliver of a Bitcoin, and retrieve it out of an ATM. For the experiment he focused on $10 which was a sliver of a sliver. At the end of it he had no money dispensed, so he asked for a refund which the machine wouldn't give him. He ended up being charged $45. He was informed the 45 covered "miners fees", lol.

It was an interesting article and the take-away is, much like ripoff ATM fees, really screw Bitcoin's ATM fees.

14. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Every time I hear news on bitcoin I think of you, TDK.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Y'all see this story the last couple days?:

16. The Dark King

Good for him but I'm not impressed when rich people get richer. Show me a kid who can change the circumstances of his family that would be dope.

17. andreboba

It's not like 50 Cent was born rich. He's just still on his grind.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Here's a self-made kid...

This 19-year-old bitcoin millionaire is traveling the world recruiting an A-team to build an alternative to the 'corrupt' world of cryptocurrency

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-millionaire-erik-finman-on-new-cryptocurrency-project-2018-1

• 19-year-old Erik Finman became a bitcoin millionaire last year, and now holds multiple millions worth of cryptocurrency.
    • He's grown disappointed with the current state of cryptocurrency, saying that there are too many scams and too much politics for bitcoin or other current currencies to replace traditional money.
    • That's why Finman has gathered a bunch of other bitcoin millionaires to kickstart a new cryptocurrency that aims to fix the biggest problems with current cryptocurrencies.

19. samson1701

Buy, buy, buy.

20. The Dark King

Smart man. The rebound is gonna be crazy