Living on Bitcoin

Discussion in 'In the News' started by The Dark King, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Today it blew up big time.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah its still on the rise I implore all of you to educate yourselves on this. Cryptos are going to be the new internet. Imagine if you had the vision to invest in .coms back in the mid 90s?

3. Soulthinker

It would take a year of saving or winning a small g money lotto to get just one Bitcoin. To tell you the truth I can't get even $700 to save to get one Bitcoin two years back.

4. The Dark King

Get it little by little

5. Soulthinker

I will.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Or a lot?
    Illegally?

Hackers had amassed more than $144,000 worth of bitcoin in three accounts. But on Wednesday evening, they quickly emptied them.

Angela Moscaritolo
    • August 3, 2017

Those behind the massive WannaCry ransomware attack earlier this year are making moves to protect their windfall.

On Wednesday evening, the hackers emptied three bitcoin addresses known to be associated with the WannaCry ransomware, according to Elliptic, a company that identifies illicit bitcoin activity.

According to Elliptic's data, the hackers amassed more than $144,000 worth of bitcoin in the three accounts. But on Wednesday evening, they quickly emptied them.

[​IMG]

A Twitter bot set up by Quartzto monitor the WannaCry-affiliated bitcoin wallets showed that the owners of the accounts started withdrawing the money around 11:10 p.m. ET last night in increments of around $20,000 to $30.000. After 15 minutes and seven withdrawals, the accounts were empty.

?? 7.34128314 BTC ($20,055.52 USD) has just been withdrawn from a bitcoin wallet tied to #wcry ransomware. https://t.co/wX2k9pJLNQ

— actual ransom (@actual_ransom)
    August 3, 2017
    ?? 8.73261636 BTC ($23,856.48 USD) has just been withdrawn from a bitcoin wallet tied to #wcry ransomware. https://t.co/KRxgNpBGgz

August 3, 2017

?? 9.67641378 BTC ($26,434.83 USD) has just been withdrawn from a bitcoin wallet tied to #wcry ransomware. https://t.co/CJLiu6cyvr

August 3, 2017
    ?? 7.06939288 BTC ($19,318.06 USD) has just been withdrawn from a bitcoin wallet tied to #wcry ransomware. https://t.co/wX2k9pJLNQ

August 3, 2017
    ?? 10.06868926 BTC ($27,514.04 USD) has just been withdrawn from a bitcoin wallet tied to #wcry ransomware. https://t.co/CJLiu6cyvr

August 3, 2017
    ?? 9.03851401 BTC ($24,698.95 USD) has just been withdrawn from a bitcoin wallet tied to #wcry ransomware. https://t.co/KRxgNpBGgz

August 3, 2017
    ?? 9.67641378 BTC ($26,508.37 USD) has just been withdrawn from a bitcoin wallet tied to #wcry ransomware. https://t.co/CJLiu6cyvr

August 3, 2017

"The money was likely sent through a bitcoin mixer, a process that obscures its trail from bitcoin to hard currency," Quartz wrote. "The process is a sort of laundering operation for digital currency."

The report notes that security experts and government agencies believe North Korea was responsible for the attack, which was likely "more political than money-driven."

Meanwhile, Elliptic's co-founder Tom Robinson told CNBC the funds were likely converted into a different cryptocurrency. "We believe some of these funds are being converted into Monero, a privacy-focused cryptocurrency," he told the news outlet. Elliptic is working with law enforcement to help track down the owners of the accounts, he added.

WannaCry first hit computers in Europe and Asia on May 12before spreading to hundreds of thousands of PCs around the world and throwing government agencies and private businesses into disarray. Those who were infected found their computers locked, with hackers demanding a $300 ransom to unlock the device and its files.

VISIT PCMAG.COM
    © 1996-2017 Ziff Davis, LLC. PCMag Digital Group

S'plain please...in cash speak, thanks.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

8. The Dark King

Get it legally

9. Soulthinker

I saw the list of the location I can get it via cash. Plus,get a new and cheap laptop.

10. The Dark King

I usually recommend platforms like coinbase but start however makes you feel comfortable fam

11. Soulthinker

Hope there is a coinbase in my city.

12. The Dark King

Guys the value of bitcoin is over 3600 when I started talking about this on here it was 450. One more time educate yourselves, I'm not allowed to give out certain advice because it comes off as solicitation but I implore you guys to get involved even it's little by little.

13. The Dark King

Coinbase is online

14. The Dark King

That 5 dollars would be worth around 40 bucks now

15. z

z Well-Known Member

TDK

I want to get in crypto about 6 years ago, friends discouraged me.
    I am trying to dabble in it , besides coin base ,where can I get the currency? Also is there a good place or website to educate myself?

Thx

16. The Dark King

For first time people I always say use coinbase since it's really secure but now there are a lot of bitcoin ATMs that have popped up which are pretty good. Bitcoin local is another good source that connects you with people locally who are selling some of their bitcoin at a premium. Other services outside of bitcoin tend to charge a premium which I don't think is always good for new users.
    As far as educating yourself there are a ton of good YouTube videos out, far more than when I first started.
    Take it slow and remember rule 1 don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
    Sorry I'm a little vague but I have to steer clear of anything that could be considered financial advice.
    Let me know if there's anything else you want to know.

17. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Please, tell more. I am all ears.

18. Soulthinker

Great advice. So far Bitcoin cash is cheaper than the Bitcoin.

19. The Dark King

Its a different coin

20. The Dark King

Just realized that when I started talking about this it was around 200 dollars now it's at 4k.
    Damn I'm feeling myself right now.
    Time to buy a new toy