Lack of Concern for Cyber-Security

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Blacktiger2005, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

It has amazed me for the last six months the seemingly lack of a national concern for the rampart cyber-security that threaten us all. The media again seem to be more concern with sexual scandals than with millions of personal records on government personnel being stolen, the suspicious shut-down of control centers at airports, stealing of company secrets and the average citizens private information being stolen in the marketplace every-time they use their social security number or credit card. It seems no one cares. What scares the hell out of me is when our enemies like North Korea, Russia, China, Iran, ISIS, and others we cannot imagine will take down our electrical grid through the use of a cyber attack. The Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) weapon that can be fired over in our airspace and explode to take down our electrical systems will mean mass death for millions. It will possibly mean the possibility that critical electrical infrastructures will never be brought up again. Imagine the lawlessness in a society in which there is no means to get to the money that is yours when you need it, getting fuel for your vehicle, all control systems being down from stop lights to radar for aircraft, the inability to refrigerate food and lack of climate control for days, months, perhaps years. The Iranians, Russians and Chinese are preparing this new kind of warfare for the United States. Instead of this being a national priority to prepare for this new kind of warfare, we are divided as a nation and cannot get our priorities straight. May God help us when the Electronic Pearl Harbor come when we least expect it.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

This comes up often nowadays. We recently has a server get compromised at the university in which I'm employed. Thankfully, it wasn't one in my support area, but I'm reminded of it since my area was audited yesterday and thankfully, I was notified of very satisfactory results.