Kentucky Voters Scared Trump Will End Obamacare.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by samson1701, Dec 17, 2016.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Behind every Democratic illness there lies a republican virus.

https://www.healthinsurance.org/kentucky-state-health-insurance-exchange/
    If the Trump supporters in KY are too stupid or lazy to google why their premiums are going up, then they deserve whatever hardship befalls them. It took me all of 2 mins to find this info. Fuck 'em.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Fuck 'em is what Obamacare did.

I think Kentuckians would know when their premiums go up, and why, and it's not because of Republicans..

"..Frustratingly, the media coverage on Kentucky’s exchange has been woefully uninformed. The media has largely reprinted misleading or false talking points from the ex-governor, with little attempt to find the truth. The central claim appears to be that Kynect is funded by a 1% fee on health plans, but moving to HealthCare.gov would increase that fee to 3.5%.

But the reality is that Kynect’s current fee applies to all private insurance policies sold in Kentucky, while HealthCare.gov only charges its fee to the much smaller pool of individuals buying plans on the exchange itself – fewer than 100,000 enrollees this year, or about 2% of the state’s population. Because this fee only applies to the 2% of Kentuckians actually buying plans on the Obamacare exchange, scrapping Kynect will actually save more than $20 million per year.

It should also be noted that then-Governor Beshear unilaterally raised the fee to 1% to fund the Obamacare exchange. By moving to HealthCare.gov, Bevin could reverse that change and return the fee to the original 0.5% or work with the legislature to repeal the fee altogether.

...In any normal business venture, when revenue does not meet expenses, you either change course or close...

Kynect’s financial model has never been viable over the long term. In 2014, taxpayers spent $39.9 million to run Kentucky’s Obamacare exchange. Those costs spiked to $50.5 million in 2015 before returning to $35.5 million in 2016.

By contrast, using HealthCare.gov would cost an estimated $11 million and be paid for by those actually buying plans on the exchange..."

www.google.com/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2016/06/07/3-reasons-ky-gov-matt-bevin-is-wise-to-close-obamacare-exchange-kynect/?client=ms-android-att-aio-us

3. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

This person is an apologist for white supremacy, do not believe a single word she posts.

4. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

Premiums have been going up BEFORE the passage of the ACA. Stupid!

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

You literally posted that if they had joined the Healthcare.gov, They would have paid 11 million as oppose to 39.9 million. Maybe kentucky should think do I want to pay 11.1 million or do I want to pay 39.9 million... hmmm which one????

This is what happens when people are so tribal in a state that is very red that they don't even want to mention so called obamacare. They would prefer to avoid assistance at 3 times the rate rather than get a lower plan just because Obama's name is on it. irrational....

My mother pays less than 30 dollars on Obamacare. I am glad our state actually saw the light.

what was it 200 300 dollars just to run your own plan because mean old Obama has his name associated with it. You get what you deserve!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This Trump voter is torn between support for the president and an Obamacare plan that saved her life

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-trump-obamacare-voter-20170224-story.html

"But Watson is getting irritated by what she hears from the new president. “I’ll give it a little more time,” she said. “But I’m not really sure about Trump anymore.”

She said she’s ready to go to Washington to tell lawmakers not to roll back Obamacare"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

My favorite quote from this article:
    Proof that chronic stupidity is a terminal illness. If this woman dies a horrible, painful death from her decision to vote for some who campaigned extensively on getting rid of the very thing that saved her life she only has herself to blame.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member