Judge awards $1MILLION to Student who had sex with his teacher

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Judge awards $1MILLION to Oklahoma boy who had sex with his eighth-grade English teacher in her classroom
    By Snejana Farberov
    [​IMG]

An Oklahoma federal judge has ruled that a former middle school teacher who is currently serving a 10-year sentence for having sex with her student will have to pay him $1miilion for causing him emotional distress.

Jennifer Caswell, 31, pleaded guilty to second-degree rape and related charges and was sentenced in 2015 to 15 years in prison, with five of them suspended, for having a half-dozen sexual encounters with a 15-year-old student at Hollis Middle School.

Around the same time, the victim and his father filed a civil lawsuit against Caswell and the Oklahoma school district that had employed her. Two years later, US District Judge Robin Cauthron has ruled in the boy’s favor, awarding the teenager $1million for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The judge wrote in her opinion that the child 'reported feelings of depression, isolation and self-blame,' and that he felt humiliated after news of his sexual relationship with the teacher spread.

[​IMG]

Plaintiff’s attorney Bob Wyatt said his clients were pleased with the outcome of the lawsuit, which they hoped would send a message to teachers and schools across the state that sexual abuse perpetrated by educators will not be tolerated, reported NewsOK.com.

According to the ruling, the victim had gone from being a popular athlete to the subject of mockery in his community, which eventually forced him to enroll in school in a different town, where he has no family and few friends.

‘In this case, a teacher abused her position of trust and authority to sexually violate a young man who will face the emotional effects of the encounter for the rest of his life,’ Cauthron wrote.

The opinion went on to say that the victim has been receiving counselling to deal with the trauma of the abuse, and his therapists expect that he will have problems in the future trusting women in general, and female authority figures in particular.

Caswell's defense attorney said his client will spend the next several years behind bars and has no means to pay the $1million judgement, but she is unlikely to appeal the verdict.

[​IMG]

Bob Wyatt, the victim’s lawyer, has acknowledged the money is likely ‘uncollectible.’

Last month, Hollis Public Schools agreed to pay the former student $125,000 to settle a separate lawsuit that accused the district of covering up Caswell's sexual abuse.

The family, whom is not being named because the teen was a victim of a sex crime, alleged he was told to keep his mouth shut about his relationship with Caswell.

She appeared on the Dr Phil Show in 2015 claiming that she was 'not a rapist' and blamed the 15-year-old boy for making the first move.

Caswell, who was formerly known by her married name, Saxton, said she was disgraced by her 10-year sentence and said: 'I didn't force anything. I didn't manipulate. I didn't take advantage.'

But Hollis Public Schools agreed to pay the six-figure sum to settle the claims made against them in relation to the illicit relationship.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Wow. That is a lot of money.

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

So, basically, he got to bang the hot teacher and get paid for doing it.

No way the kid is emotionally scarred from that. I swear, we are raising our boys to be soft, whiney, entitled punks. I'd wouldn't allow my son to be rewarded for doing something he had no business doing. But, money means more than anything to these parents. So, they saw where he could sue and get paid. Fuck teaching him responsibility and repercussions for his actions.

Mama's poor baby was taken advantaged of and scared for life. Because, as we all know, he had would never have thought to have sex with a hot, older woman on his own. Wouldn't have even crossed his mind.

No disrespect to anyone on this forum. I know there are some great single parents here and they're doing a great job. But, we have too many women raising boys alone and too many men who've been raised without a strong, positive male influence. So, they handle things the way some women handle things; mostly emotional. Doing what feels good now without thought for what's best in the long run.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

So what would you think about this if it was reversed and it was a girl instead of a boy?

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Somethings up with this story - the kid is 15 and in the 8th grade??? That tells me that everything wasn't quite right with this kid.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

yah ok - you are 31 messing with a 15 year old. (and a 15 year old who's in the 8th grade at that) The kid's brain isn't done developing. No matter what, she's a predator and given that she doesn't even get that says a lot. It's her job to make sure her students are safe and learning, not to be fucking them up (literally). Adults need to be taking care of kids, not preying on them....bottom line.

And yah I know we're going to hear about how all these guys wished their hot younger teacher messed with them when they were teenagers. Just because it's a teenage fantasy for a lot of guys, doesn't mean it's ok at all.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  7. samson1701

If the daughter was as horny and willing as a teenage boy, then I'd say the same thing. I'm not about to reward my kid for doing shit he or she knew they shouldn't be doing. That's doing way more damage than the actual sex acts. Especially, IF the kid is already sexually active.

I don't care who did what, if you're raised by me, you know right from wrong and you're expected to behave accordingly.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  8. K

K Well-Known Member

And what if they weren't sexually active and they were taught right from wrong? That doesn't mean that a predator can't do something to them. I think there is a huge difference between people who have major mental issues, are deviants, etc preying on children (even if they are teens) and "horny teen.." having sex with someone their own age.

Just because someone is sexually active doesn't mean that they are capable of making sound decisions. There's a reason why there is statutory rape. I think it's pretty much common knowledge now that most sexual molestation of children is by those they know and trust and it's a process of grooming and mind fuckery rather than blatant violent attacks.

I'm not saying the kid should be awarded money. I have no idea about that that part. My guess would be with this particular story that there must be much more to it for that award to have happened and there must have been a great deal of proof of damages to come up with that. Typically victims of any sexual abuse/attacks are not awarded financially. It could be that the judge was trying to send a message too. This shit should NOT be happening.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

There are plenty people of age so the people who commit these sexual crimes obviously have a blatant disregard for the law. When you are disfunctional enough to risk your freedom for virtually no reason, you get what you deserve.

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I feel you but I don't see her as a predator. I would say the same if the roles were reversed and everything played out the same way.

Imo the boy was the predator, he seeked out his prey and got her.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

x1000.

Man, I knew this one dude in HS who as a senior was dating this chick in her 30s. We all thought he was the BADDEST young dude on the planet.
    Sometimes she picked him up after practice, took him to dinner. She bought him gold chains and the latest kicks. It was crazy.

Eventually they broke up but he was no more emotionally scarred than the rest us were from being dumped by our HS age GFs.

People can applaud the ruling but we all know he's never going to see that $1 mil in restitution.

IMO if I had a son who had sex with one of his female teachers, I'd pat him on the back, remind him not to let shit go too far and remember it was probably going to end sooner than later.

I wouldn't ever make him feel like he was a victim.

When it comes to pussy, men by nature are hunters. When a grown ass woman gives you a slice when you're just a teenager, how the fuck is that anything but GOOD?? (Unless it's the relative of one of your boys.lol)
    It's just not the same when a MALE teacher sleeps with one of his female students.

12. samson1701

I think we are talking about two different points of the story. I don't care about her and her motivations. This isn't the 80's. We're in a different time now and women aren't going to be getting away with that kind of thing anymore. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

No, I'm talking about the kid. He's having sex in school and being rewarded for it. On top of everything, he gets treated like an actual rape victim and taught how to fraud the system. It's ridiculous.

13. 4north1side2

So you still gonna feel this way when the older woman tries to lock him down by intentionally getting pregnant or worse, giving him herpes or HIV (I know, extreme lol) threatening to black mail him if he ever leaves her?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'm just talking how I feel about it. Of course I wouldn't want shit to get out of hand, or see my son end up a teen father to a 30+ year old woman 'cause she's delusional.

I guess if I actually had sons, I would think more about the consequences and how this situation could turn out to be negative real quick.

15. 4north1side2

I'm just asking.

I used to feel exactly like you but after dealing with some Looney tune women, I realize I can't control everything no matter how tight my game is and neither can anyone else.

I would pat my sons on the back just like you but if she got pregnant, that changes everything. Slippery slope for sure.

When you really think about it, women who fuck with teen boys are more deranged than men who fuck with teen girls being that women options are limitless compared to men. Would I really want my sons involved with such women? Also it seems these women be the biggest ho's, it's hardly ever one kid anymore, almost always multiple so think about their boyfriends, husbands, and random legal dick they are getting too.... YUCK!

16. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I agree that it is indeed wrong. However, I will admit that when I was in high school... A buddy of mine (we're close friends today) and I had the same math class with this hot ass teacher. A WW with a sweet body and phat ass and probably in her late 20s/early 30s. In addition to being a great teacher... she had the boys mesmerized every day. She was about 5'1 and when she'd make graphs on the board... she had to stand on a chair, and we totally looked forward to that view each and every time. Anyways... If she had come for me... Knowing the horny teen I was... I totally would've been all up in it.

17. Beat-man

Beat-man Active Member

when i was in the 8th grade i was 13

18. K

K Well-Known Member

yep. Some MAY be 14