Jewish WW Are Less Likely To Be W/ BM Than Non-Jewish WW

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by LA, Mar 9, 2008.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Any Jewish WW on this forum have any input?

Any non-Jewish WW on this forum have any input?

Any BM dated/married Jewish WW before?

I must say, I've had plenty white friends in my life and practically none of them were Jewish.

I've been with a few WW before and none of them were Jewish.

Do Jewish people tend to not hang out w/ black people?

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i knew some cool jewish people...

black n' white

i can't really say that I had anything going on romantically tho

most of the white girls i knew and was affectionate with, were run of the mill christian types..

or the types that didn't believe in religion at all

:twisted:

3. OldSpice2

OldSpice2 New Member

In my city of NY, many yiddishe mamas have been with BM. More common th
    an you think.

http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/brooklyn_babylon.htm

[​IMG]

Brooklyn Babylon looks at the complexities of a relationship between two people from completely different worlds. Solomon (Tariq Trotter) is black. He's an MC. His hip-hop group is trying to succeed while remaining independent. His spiritual background is Rastafarian. Sarah (Karen Goberman) is white. She comes from a Hasidic Jewish background. Her family is very traditional; dogmatic; deeply religious. Yet Sol and Sarah share an obstinate love and compassion for one another.
    The film begins by going back and forth between each character, highlighting some cultural differences: Sol and his group (The Roots) practicing, Sarah at a traditional Jewish wedding. Sol and Sarah's worlds collide at an intersection dividing the Jewish and black communities in Brooklyn when their cars crash. She is driving home from the wedding with her fiancé-whom she doesn't love-and a few other young men. Sol is driving home with his manager, a long-time friend. And while Sol's manager and Sarah's fiancé curse at one another-Sol's manager tells the Jews they are on the wrong side of the dividing line-Sarah and Sol share an enchanting moment; their attraction to one another seems apparent.
    Sol and Sarah again cross paths not long after this incident in a beautiful garden that joins their respective neighborhoods. They share a mutual allure that is evident in the way they look at and talk to each other. But Sarah is scared of what may happen if the two are seen together because of the existing prejudices amongst the blacks and Jews in Brooklyn. Her fear intensifies when her fiancé's car is bombed: she thinks Sol and his manager are involved until she confronts Sol about the occurrence and sees that he is genuinely hurt that she would suspect him.
    The car bombing exacerbates the already shaky relationship between the neighboring blacks and Jews; however, Sol and Sarah continue to pursue their interest in one another amidst the turmoil. "I know you," he says to her during an early conversation, pointing out a mystical connection between the two. And as their relationship grows, the conflict between the blacks and Jews grows also.
    One interesting aspect of the film is how the elders of each religion respond to Sol and Sarah's relationship, and interracial relationships in general. During a family dinner Sarah asks her father why they never have anyone other than Jews in their home if their mandate is to love their neighbors. Her father can't come up with a sufficient reason. In contrast, when Sol discusses the subject with the Rastafarian elders they are much more accepting: love is love; they explain that race doesn't matter.
    Some viewers might argue that the film is somewhat anti-Semitic, but Brooklyn Babylon takes the same approach as Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing by showing each race involved in the film's various conflicts as equally flawed. Both the blacks and Jews caught up in the ongoing struggles are shown as equally narrow-minded and intolerant. Neither race is favored over the other.
    The film's premise is that love can overcome adversity, no matter how tremendous. And while this theme may seem cliché, or overdone, screenwriter Marc Levin (Slam) presents this story creatively; Brooklyn Babylon has an original, mystical feel and spiritual ambiance to it. The theme is brought to life through creative narration and biblical allusions. And first timer Tariq Trotter, hip-hop MC Black Thought of The Roots, seems very natural in his role as the film's protagonist. His first few exchanges with Sarah have that awkward, exciting feel of a budding relationship.
    Another interesting characteristic of the film is Sol's devotion to his art form. When his manager presents him with a contract, which includes a large signing bonus, Sol turns it down, deciding instead to maintain creative control of his music. He refuses to compromise, just as he refuses to compromise his faith and love for Sarah.

4. LA

LA Well-Known Member

As soon as you mentioned New York and BM/J-WW couples being common, I thought of Taye Diggs/Idina Menzel and how they met in and live in New York.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

interesting post, old spice

when you meet someone and there is an attraction..sometimes you say the hell with everything else

6. malikom

malikom Banned

Contrary to pop belief,alot of jewish girls take a liking to black dudes....

7. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Any personal experiences?

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

*listens to the chirping of crickets in the background, as malikom hesistates to provide a "truthful" answer*

:p

I can not think of one jewish girl that I came across, that liked me like that

9. OldSpice2

OldSpice2 New Member

PettyOfficerJ,

This will be my last post for a while. Like my handle says, I am getting older.

All around me in NYC, the BM are screwing non-Black women. I'd say the majority of the younger BM are with non-Black women around me. These young boys are sexual aggressive and good in bed and well endowed. I have to get off the computer and get a move on while I still can.

BM are with Jewish women all over the place. NYC is the Jewish capital of America. That is reason.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

probably

and you aren't getting older, just wiser

:wink:

hopefully

11. malikom

malikom Banned

No,but ive seen many black dudes with jewish women.

Cant say that their parents are to enthusiastic about it though...

http://www.break.com/index/jewish-girl-prank-calls-her-parents.html

^ Just imagine if it was a Black guy instead of a italian guy lol

12. malikom

malikom Banned

Yup,in new jersey as well.

In my honest opinion,i think that girls who come from a strict culture,whether it be jewish,persian,etc are more curious about Black men.That curiosity only amplifys when they go off to college.
    Black masculinity/sexuality penetrated through all cultures.

13. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

Got proof?

14. sbminmd75

sbminmd75 New Member

I've dated/been with three Jewish women. They had all dated/been with BM before. One was Israeli, the other two American. So it happens. Some of my Jewish friends will date and fuck non Jews but will only marry a Jewish person. Like other ethnic and religious groups, apparently there is a lot of pressure to marry within.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

yeah, it's in the pudding

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol... I just listened to this shiet

and that was over the perception, that her daughter was going out with an Italian guy

if the dude was black, lol, that shiet would have really been crazy

"i'll bring over spaghetti and meatballs for dinner"
    lololol

17. Sifu

Sifu New Member

My mom is Jewish, born in Europe, emigrated here when she was about ten. Comes from an old world Jewish family.

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hollywood and the entertainment community have much of IR among Jewish women and Black men. Quincy Jones is one and I know there are others.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

cool to hear

I think lenny's mother was jewish also

I was a bit surprised when I found out quincy was into white women. I was even more surprised, when I found out that the man, James Earl Jones, was married to a white woman. Again, in the mainstream media, not much light is/was shown on those relationshops. I found out about those two through independent research, using the internet. Then again, I don't read many celebrity magazines, so I could have missed some stuff. Would have been nice to see James on the cover of a mag, with his wife or something.

20. Sifu

Sifu New Member

Petty when you say Lenny do you mean Lenny Kravitz? His mom's ain't Jewish his dad is Kravitz is a pretty ethnic Jewish name his mom is Ms. Willis from the Jefferson's. A lot of Black actresses that read for the part didn't want to be a wife in an interracial marriage on a series, but she said she told them that it was the kind of relationship she had in real life so she got the part.