Is your attraction exclusively toward ww/bm?

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by medullaslashin, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Well, I'm 1,69m. Apparently that's ard 5'7''. All I wanted was someone taller than myself, even if it's just by a few cm. It's not that difficult and demanding finding a man taller than 5'7'' ft. Ideally he's still not shorter than me when I wear a heel. He doesn't need to be so tall we need a ladder to kiss.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

For a general beginner's guide I strongly recommend the Heart Of Buddha's Teaching: https://www.amazon.com/The-Heart-Buddhas-Teaching-Transforming/dp/0767903692/ref=cm_lmf_img_1

If youre unfamiliar with the Buddhist most holy scriptures, they are called the Tripitaka, or Pali Cannon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripi?aka

If you're looking for a *fictional* book which catches many of the themes of Buddhism from a Western perspective, the most famous work is Siddartha: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhartha_(novel)\\

Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Me too.

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

One of my female cousins had that bizarre height requirement too for dudes, she's 5'8. Her last two marriages were to two brothas, the first was 6'2 and the last one was 6'5. Both them dudes dogged the fuck outta her and both marriages ended in divorce.

Granted, I got some adorable 2nd cousins out the game, but the fact still remains her crazy HEIGHT requirement for her significant other, instead of personality or character, left her single and alone.

Physical preferences can be a part of the equation when evaluating a future partner. But they can't be the MAIN one. Otherwise you set yourself up to get fucked over.

5. Madeleine

Of course height can't be the most important factor in choice of a life partner. That's just foolish.

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I love a woman with curves I would never something like breast size or butt size as an absolute cut-off of who I decide to date.

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

That depends on where you live. I'm not sure if you're in the US or not but the average height here is 5'10" or somewhere around that height. Depending on how high your heels are you might still have a hard time finding a man who meets your height requirements.

You have the absolute right to date (or not date) anyone that you want to, obviously. But if you choose to only limit yourself to men of a certain height then you only have yourself to blame for not finding enough men to fit the criteria that you decided to set for yourself.

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

For me it isn't really being superficial. We have physical attractions as well as mental and emotional and spiritual(if you are a spiritual person.)
    We can't deny our physical attractions. It is when people choose to for lack of a better word weaponize them to the point where they are demeaning and looking down on people that doesn't fit the type of person they are attracted to is when it's horrible. It's like this if someone don't want to date somebody because they are black, it can VERY well be racist. Why? Because it really isn't based of not being physically attracted to black men it is based on unfounded racial beliefs that they were taught and conditioned with. if racism didn't exist, I believe dark skin complexions would be universally considered beautiful.

Physical attractions are the weakest since it is ONLY based on looks, physiques and what not, but combined with the other attractions we have I find it very necessary if your on that conquest for that mate. Looks change so we need to be strong in our other attractions to a person to truly love them, but recognize we have physical attractions and it is completely okay because it is apart of being human.

9. Madeleine

I'm in Germany and average height for women in Germany is 5'7'' and for men 5'11'' (180cm). So I am just average height and seeing men who are taller than myself (and women, too) is very easy. In fact, even my own mother is taller than myself by 6 cm. My husband is 5'11'', so that fits me well height-wise, but obviously wasn't the most important reason why I wanted to marry him. But I never bothered much about this height issue because it has never been a problem coming across guys taller than myself.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  10. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Your points are quite valid. Too often the physical likes/preferences indeed get used negatively as sometimes it's unfair. I once mentioned during a discussion on this topic that "you like what you like", and when that was criticized.... I said... "You know that male arousal thing with the erection, right? Well... keep in mind that the erection is just as involuntary as her being aroused so the physical can't just be casted as being a negative shallow thing".

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it, thanks!

12. K

K Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about wealthy fat ugly guys.

but since you brought it up....nope. Of course, for some, they will do whatever for money. Some will not. Think about this, if women have walked away from family wealth and so forth for love of a man their family would not approve of....do you really think that those same women are going to get with someone just because of his wealth?

13. Madeleine

No. He isn't in. Sorry.

14. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

...and nor are any guys who think he would be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. foxyred

foxyred Active Member

Agreed

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Well lucky I'm not dating any of you women

Tough crowd

LOL

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But the difference is men don't have the nerve to call women shallow or unrealistic for their preferences.
    The height thing is always weird because most women want tall men and focus heavily on that even though tall men (6 ft and over) make up less than a quarter of men period and probably half of them are unavailable and then half of that half are suitable personality and finance wise. So you got a swath of women competing for 6% of the men out there. Goooood luck lol

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. The Dark King

You're stunning so I'm assuming you have to be a little crazy too since you're a single redhead lol

19. The Dark King

It's never just about money just like it's never just looks but let's be adults these things make companionship easier and a lot more fun.
    For example my girl had a conference in Philly this weekend. I took off work early (can't do that if you have a wage job normally)
    Drove down (can't do that without a car)
    Scooped her up took her to her alma mater so she could show me around. Then had a nice dinner and rented a swanky hotel sweet that I could never afford ten years ago.
    Say what you will but that shit is sexy because it's romantic and that romance was made possible by having more disposable income than the average dude.
    Btw shout out to those living in Philly beautiful city but my God I've never seen so many homeless people and I live in NY

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  20. K

K Well-Known Member

That's all great and I'm never going to say money doesn't matter at all. Have to be able to pay the bills.

Maybe the big stuff is really "sexy" or whatever. But truth be told, for many of us the part in all that which really does it for us is the thoughtfulness that's involved. That part is part of who you are, no matter what level your income is. I'm betting when you weren't able to do it up big you still would things that were thoughtful. Actually, I don't have to bet - you've shared enough on here over the years that prove what I'm saying is true. Romantic isn't based on the amount you spent, it's about that you cared enough to do things that were special and unique to her.

And on the other side of it....I'm pretty sure the woman who appreciates what you do and the thoughtfulness about it is who stands out for you much more than the one who's impressed by how much you spent. I know enough about you to know that you aren't going for the chicca who gets all starry eyed if a man throws expensive gifts her way.