is she wrong for saying the n-word

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by goodlove, Sep 28, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

She didn't have to say it outright.... she's on paid leave which is a vacation and shell be back in the classroom teaching soon enough.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

There is never a right time to use the n-word as far as I am concern. That being said, she is a teacher replace the word with motherf..... and I think she would have gotten the same result(suspension. School is not the place for teachers to be using foul language. save that for internet :smt018

There are multiple ways of getting a message through and you are only limited by your brilliance of doing it.

From a parent perspective, you don't want your kids hearing those words because they will incorporate it in to their vocabulary.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  4. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

If she is using it for historical reference, then she shouldn't have gotten suspended for it.

To be honest, on a general level, the word is just toxic and you'd have to be too stupid to think it's perfectly okay to say it as a term of endearment, regardless of spelling variation.

5. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

When I was in school; My teacher would say "Starts with N, rhymes with trigger" when discussing the word. It was simple and got the point across.

Can't support her.

6. Hydroxide

Hydroxide Restricted

That word should never be uttered at all. The fact that there's a petition calling for the teacher to be given her job back amassed almost 2k signatures shows there is some sort of movement active in trying to suppress our civil rights as blacks.

7. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Slap on the wrist eh? :lol:

8. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

*shrugs*