Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It should've been titled "How To Sabotage Your Son's Interracial Relationship."

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True indeed.

3. Soulthinker

I saw the screening of the movie Marshall. It was about Thurgood Marshall's involvement in a case of a Black chauffer being accoused of raping the wife of a advertiser. The case Connetticut Vs.Joseph Spell was a sensation that hit the media.

4. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5735410/

"Death of a Vegas Showgirl" 2016

Roslyn Sanchez and black boyfriend (Danso Gordon) in movie deal with her life as a showgirl...

Roslyn is hot...

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wait is this based on her real life?

6. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember this case. I saw a reenactment of it on an Investigation Discovery program. It was a very tragic story.

8. Soulthinker

Hope that flick is good.

9. Soulthinker

I saw it last Friday and enjoyed it. You will not be dissappointed.

10. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. darkcurry

Just seen The Mountain Between Us this noon around 12. Beautifully shot movie, wonderful acting. The critics who said it wasn't good I'm wondering what they are looking at, but it did get praise by some top critics. It is a wonderful date movie which is missing, the critics that did love this movie. Lesson learned again, the reason why I didn't want to spend money on it when it first came out was because it was getting luke warm criticism. I'm glad Aubrey(my gf) convinced me since we weren't doing anything today to go see it. I wouldn't put it up there with A United Kingdom, but it is a pretty good and rare IR romantic film.

Fans(mostly female fans) love it too as it is doing well despite going up against some stiff competition, in it's first week it was no. 2 at the box office bringing in $10.1 million dollars, second week numbers hold steady at no. 5 staying in the top 5 for it's second week:

from variety
    1.)Happy Death Day (UNI/BLUM), 3,149 theaters / $11.65M Fri. (includes $1M previews) /$9.4M Sat/ $5.45M Sun/ 3-day cume: $26.5M / Wk 1

2.)Blade Runner 2049 (ALC/WB/SONY), 4,058 theaters (0)/ $4.3M Fri. /$6.8M Sat/$4M Sun/ 3-day cume: $15.1M (-54%) /Total: $60.6M/ Wk 2

3.)The Foreigner (STX), 2,515 theaters / $4.75M Fri. (includes $775K) /$4.9M Sat/ $3.2M Sun/ 3-day cume: $12.84M / Wk 1

4.) It (NL/WB), 3,176 theaters (-429) / $1.96M Fri./$2.6M Sat/$1.45M Sun/3-day cume: $6M (-39%) / Total: $314.9M / Wk 6

5.)The Mountain Between Us (FOX), 3,259 heaters (+171)/ $1.68M Fri. /$2.5M Sat/$1.47M Sun/3-day cume: $5.65M (-46%)/Total: $20.5M/ Wk 2

6.) American Made (UNI), 3,098 (+67) / $1.59M Fri. /$2.4M Sat/ $1.4M Sun/ 3-day cume: $5.4M (-36%)/Total: $40.1M/ Wk 3

7.) Kingsman: The Golden Circle (FOX), 2,982 theaters (-506) / $1.48M Fri./$2.4M Sat/$1.42M Sun/3-day cume: $5.3M (-39%) / Total: $89.6M / Wk 4

8.) The Lego Ninjago Movie (WB), 3,053 theaters (-558) / $1M Fri./$2M Sat/$1.3M Sun/3-day cume: $4.3M (-38%) / Total: $51.6M / Wk 4

9.)My Little Pony (LG), 2,528 theaters (0) / $956K Fri./$1.87M Sat/$1.17M Sun/3-day cume: $4M (-55%) /Total: $15.5M/ Wk 2

10.) Victoria & Abdul (FOCUS), 900 theaters (+168) / $870k Fri./$1.2M Sat/ $1M Sun/3-day cume: $3.1M (-30%)/Total: $11.3M/ Wk 4

11) Marshall (OR) 821 screens, $1M Fri /$1.2M Sat/$789K Sun/3-day: $3M/Wk 1

12. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I have just rented a teen horror flick that I never heard of before 10 minutes ago lol. I've only seen half the movie trailer and that's all I needed . . . most trailers stupidly spoil most movies so as soon as I saw you-know-what I exited backout like "Rent" lol.

"All the Boys love Mandy Lane" starring a Pre-Johnny Depp Amber Heard set in her home state of Big Texas where she plays the highly-sought, never-been-bought student/athlete superstar virgin . . . well all those good, ole boys are rolling the dice to win her affections and I won't spoil anything since I haven't seen shit lol. Amber was giving some play to a Black classmate who wanted to put his bid in and she responded well and seemed receptive which probably pissed off the Caucasian competition who witnessed them walking hand & hand :)

I have 48hrs to watch so I will post a review later. How I love this time of year with horror flicks all over cable tv and I seem to have stumbled upon one with teen interracial potential

13. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^^ Nevermind it was typical teen horror with token negro who tries to play the hero lol

14. darkcurry

lol. He died first?

15. darkcurry

Amber Heard is in another movie that came out in select theatres earlier this year where she has a black husband and they are swingers. I posted the trailer on here a couple of pages back.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw the film Echo Park. It was a drama about a socialite, living with her boyfriend(a guy she knew from childhood and rich). One day, she leaves him and the environment she lived in for a neighborhood in Los Angeles. She meets a black man in the coffee shop and their relationship begins. I don't want to give anything away. I don't know if this film was posted here. But it is worth a look.

17. Soulthinker

Hope to see that flick soon.

18. darkcurry

Yeah it was. The ending made no sense though.

19. Soulthinker

Great flick. Irritating at times but,a great flick.

20. Soulthinker

Hope to see that flick soon.