Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Little Boxes

This is on Netflix.

Not sure if posted, the search feature did not show anything.

Synopsis

An interracial family struggles to adjust when they move from Brooklyn, New York to a small town in Washington State.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah it has been posted, that has happened to me before where the feature to show anything in the search.

3. darkcurry

Stills from Bella Thorne's new movie 'The Ryde'
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna assume this is a limited-time movie.

5. ColiBreh1

Trailer #2 dropped this week:

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Wow that looks good even beyond the IR aspect

I like the Hercule Poirots that come on PBS

7. darkcurry

I'm digging the remix on "Believer".

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

No doubt. Hope to see that one soon.

9. darkcurry

Kate Winslet Reveals What It's Really Like To Do A Sex Scene With Idris Elba...

http://www.eonline.com/news/879352/...lly-like-to-shoot-a-sex-scene-with-idris-elba

I didn't know Idris wasn't that experienced in sex scenes. I thought he did a few of them. lol.

Anyway sistas and white guys that see this movie are about to go nuclear at that news. Especially since good reviews of the film are growing and oscar talk is heating up. That is why I said they saved themselves promoting this to a Universal audience.

10. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

The Watcher

It's on Netflix

Synopsis

In an attempt to make a new start, young couple Emma and Noah move to Los Angeles after purchasing a house where the previous tenant died. While moving in Emma and Noah meets neighbours Jeanne and her mentally disabled son Mikey as well as the couple across the street Reggie and Amanda whom the become friends with. Soon Emma and Noah began to receive threatening letters demanding they leave the house and Emma begins seeing hallucinations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Oh, its finally coming out. That doesn't look like Jessie Usher though whom was cast originally alongside Bella.

12. JamalSpunky

Good catch. The only IR I have typically seen from Netflix have been with WM/BW only, with a few more of those type of movie pairings on the way.

13. ColiBreh1

Did you mention this film in the past or something?

14. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Edi Gathegi got my attention after his character in PoI. He really got a presence on screen.

15. JamalSpunky

I don't think I ever got around to doing so. So damn lazy these days. :)

I recall over a year ago about the casting for this thriller which involved a Uber-type driver and his passengers. But perhaps Bella is playing the driver.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw that film. It was so weird I had forgot about it. It is worthy of a look, though.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Filming a sex scene, regardless of race, gender and or orientation, is difficult. Here's why.
    1. Trust IS very important between the actors. Their spouses or significant others have to understand that physically, they are doing it, however, mentally, they are in character. They are not being themselves.
    2. It's technical. There can be upwards to over a dozen people on the set. Principal, secondary and still photography, sound technicians, lighting, sets design, props and etc. The director and production staff and script supervisor have to make the decisions as to the look of the scene. It could take hours out of the day.

I remember the film Tequila Sunrise. In the film Michelle Pfeifer had a love scene with Mel Gibson in a jacuzzi. She caught a cold because the water was cold.

I was in a play in college called Enter Laughing (written by Carl Reiner), one of the actresses asked me to come into the scene that she was doing. The scene required her to kiss the main character.
    "Kissing him is like licking an ashtray," she said to me in a whisper. I did my best to oblige her. However, I couldn't rush onstage to interrupt them. I had to walk up and just say my line and walk away laughing.

When I wrote a love scene in a story that I write, they, like fight scenes and gun battles, are the most difficult to choreograph on paper. I can imagine what actors go through. That's why I am not acting anymore. Acting is extremely physical, mental and emotional. The first rule in an acting class is to not act but react.

I guess this is why most actors do action movies.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Soulthinker

How weird was it? Hope it is just teasing but,no doubt she played a lot of mind games to the brother.

19. Soulthinker

Yes,love scenes can be difficult sometimes.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It was just a minor psychological thriller. The couple were menaced by a stranger who reveals themselves at the end. It didn't make a whole lot of sense. But it was definitely not as great as Get Out. Not even close.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017