IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Nellie

Nellie New Member

Haven't seen any posts on this, but it seems to me that the Black Eyed Peas song "My Humps", which I have only just heard recently, is an interracial song. Or, more specifically, one about black men who love white women

A white woman (Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson) sings:

Of course I am assuming that "brothers" is in reference to black men, but then there is this:

Interesting that this has made it under the radar with little controversy. More evidence that shows that this is becoming more acceptable.

2. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Who wrote My Humps??? Fergie's current b.f. is a whiteboy actor....however, I don't doubt that she 'dipped' in chocolate b4.

The Kid Rasta 8)

3. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I kinda figured the song hinted at it, but after reading the lyrics, it's clearly obvious it's IR. Fergie's a cutie; it's(the song/the group) a good look for music.

4. lainarain

lainarain New Member

Believe me, I don't mind shaking my booty to "My Humps" or "Pump It" but I loved BEP pre-Fergie. It must be nice to get paid, though.

5. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

6. playboy90210

playboy90210 New Member

LINK: http://www.imeem.com/people/rRD40de...att_pokora_and_rocko_she_can_get_it_thats_my/

It's also on my MySpace page. It's called "She Can Get It (That's My Money)" by Matt Pokora and Rocko, two very talented up and coming artists. Rocko's part doesn't come in until the end but its a pretty cool video. I got a bunch of girls I know on myspace to submit videos of themselves dancing and it looks pretty good to me considering I shot it in one night. Tell me what yall think of it?

7. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video! I don't particularly care for the remake, but the guy's HOT! :lol: :D

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

*fixed*

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU4cN4w_9JA&feature=related[/youtube]

10. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Not really feeling the remake either. Marvin Gaye and Prince are two artists whose music should not be remade imo.

And have you noticed in certain shots she looks a little like Cate Blanchett?

11. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Sarah Conner comes from Delmenhorst,Germany.Not too far from where I live. She's married to Marc Terrenzi who used to be in some boy band and now they both pretty much copy a lot of stuff.
    They copied Britney's and Jessica Simpson's "reality show" about their marriages and homes. I didn't like it and neither do I like this video.
    She gotta find her own style and stop making cheap copies of others

12. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Be-you-tiful86-

Sounds like she took some influence off of James Cameron too. "Sarah Conner" is the name of the heroine in the "Terminator" movies.

But weren't you a David Hasselhoff fan back in the day? I know he had a big singing career over there in Europe.

Come on. Confess. You've got at least one Hasselhoff cd don't ya? :lol:

13. Complex

Complex New Member

I have one of her albums. She's a talented artist.

14. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Cate Blanchett! Yeah, I can totally see that.

I think there are certain songs that should never be remade. I'm not a fan of remakes. Rarely do the new artists add anything of value to the songs they remake. If you can't make them better, leave them the hell alone, if you ask me. :lol:

15. Be-you-tiful86

Lol I guess when I started showing interest for music his brightest days here were already over :) My aunt had some old cd's of him though.

16. tonytony

tonytony New Member

nice video, she tight

17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I will check it out myself.

18. Canelle

Canelle New Member

I dont like her so much, nor her mother Soraya.

19. Be-you-tiful86

Same here

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I agree it must be a gimmick to do some r&b which means she is not serious,just wanting to make a Euro.