IR Dating Habits

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by LA, Jul 4, 2017.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

So I was talking to my brother yesterday about this and it has crossed my mind in the past. My brother is currently in a marriage of 8 years to an Italian/Irish woman and they have one daughter together. My immediate family has never had any issues with her ethnicity and I don't believe her family has had much issue with it either. In my immediate family it is only my brother and I, in terms of siblings.

As for my extended family I have heard some questions in the past like, "Why don't the young men in the family date black women? Is there something wrong with dating black women?" These questions were asked by some of the women in my extended family because many of my cousins have dated/married non-black women including my brother and I.

So my question is, if I were to marry a white woman at some point in the future, does that look "suspicious" on behalf of my brother and I? That we both just so happened to end up marrying white women? Ultimately, I'm not too concerned with what other people in my family nor non-family think about it but it was just a thought. And lastly, I don't specifically seek out any particular ethnicity in dating, I just go with whom I find attractive and compatible.

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

What exact would be suspect about it?
    You can not help who you fall in love with.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be those who talk. Big deal, who cares.

Guess what...if you end up with a black woman they will too! I used to get - you always dated non-white men and ended up marrying a white guy. It just happens that way sometimes. After I got divorced, I was back to dating who I date and have relationships with (usually black men). So then some people want to say something about how it must have been cause he was white it didn't work out. Whatever.

Guess what too - they will talk when you are older as well. They just going to talk no matter what you do so let it roll.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In my culture, if many of my male cousins were marrying (not so much dating) 'xeni' women (which means stranger), you can bet the tongues would wag by the Greek women. But in the end (in my culture), the men do whatever the hell they want, including whom they choose to marry, no matter the gossip.

I think in ultra traditional and cultural communities eg: Arabic, African, Indian/Asian, Jewish and Gypsy cultures, to name a few more, intra-ethnic marriage is encouraged for various "reasons".
    Doesn't mean ANYONE has to be ruled by them.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lets see.......a guy that dates ww, has a brother that has been married to a ww for 8 years in which the immediate family has no issues with it, ends up marrying a ww himself. Yeah that looks suspicious, who would have ever seen that coming?