BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

By the way have anyone who has seen the show notice how Wynonna's sister Waverly doesn't seem to like her and dolls together? Or is it just me.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Really...I have more noticed Wynonna and that other sister... who went evil Willow or whatever treats Waverly's gf like shit all the time.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

One thing I'll give Hart of Dixie is that the brother in that show bucks almost all of the black male stereotypes. He's the object of affection (not just lust) of several of the women. He is masculine without being a thuggish caricature. He's also an ex-pro athlete who managed to not go broke the minute he stopped playing.

If you can get past the racial utopia the show exists in you all might like it.

4. Skaddix

Yeah pretty much the above.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Have you ever watched "Gilmore Girls"? That's the show "Hart of Dixie" reminds me of the most. A dramedy about a small town & it's people. Here's a synopsis of Season 1 from Wikipedia:
    Fast-talking New Yorker and brand new physician Zoe Hart has it all figured out—after graduating top of her class from medical school, she'll follow in her father's footsteps and become a cardio-thoracic surgeon. But when her dreams fall apart, Zoe decides to accept an offer from a stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes, to work with him at his small practice in Bluebell, Alabama. Zoe arrives in this small Gulf Coast town only to find that Harley has died and left his half of the medical practice to her in his will.

She quickly finds that Southern hospitality isn't always so hospitable—the other physician in town, Brick Breeland, is less than pleased to be sharing the practice with this young outsider, and his daughter, Lemon, is a Southern belle whose sweet disposition turns sour when she meets Zoe. Zoe's only allies are the mayor, former football star Lavon Hayes, her bad-boy neighbor Wade Kinsella, and handsome lawyer George Tucker – who just happens to be Lemon's fiancé. Zoe is out of her element and ready to pack her bags, but a surprise visit by her snobby New York mother leads to Zoe's decision to stay in Bluebell for a while; she soon discovers the charm of small-town life and a side of herself she didn't know was there.

It's a good enjoyable fun show. I feel the show is slept on because it aired in the 2010's, overshadowed by peak TV. If this show had aired in the 2000's on the old WB network or even the early CW years, it would've got more notoriety (I feel the same way about "iZombie").

I found some pics & gifs:

Cress Williams' character Lavon & Lemon (Which is supposed to be endgame based on promo pics I've seen of the last season):
    [​IMG]

Lavon & Lemon's bestfriend AnnaBeth:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nadine Velazquez is a recurring character & dates Lavon in season 1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He also dates the sista that played Mya on the sitcom "Girlfriends".

[​IMG] TDK might be onto something about the showrunner being a WW & the target audience being women that we don't have to deal with the negative dumb stereotypes & cliches.

[​IMG] And yes, the lack of racism is laughable & almost distracting. This show takes place in some small conservative Alabama town & Lavon is able to date/flirt/be friendly/be involved in an affair with WW without having to deal with BS from WM or the BW in the town. And the WW attracted/into Lavon don't have to deal with the b.s. either. I bet BW hate this show.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  6. darkcurry

Thanks for the lowdown. No I haven't really seen Gilmore Girls When it was on that's when I was working the night shift at my Job a lot. I like it at times when a show or movie don't show racism, for me not every movie and show have to tackle that. It's good and productive to every now and then show where we want to be at someday where that racism and bigotry shit is beneath us.

7. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken Doc has said previously he would be "all in" on helping to raise the child.

Okay but perhaps you can give me examples of this scenario that makes you think it is some common occurrence played out often enough on TV let alone in real life.

8. Skaddix

U see the problem is I have hard time judging Wynonna Earp...not because @The Dark King is wrong but because in this case they were forced to write the pregnancy into the show...granted we probably would have gotten a baby plot eventually...magic babies of destiny always happen in these types of stories.

9. ColiBreh1

I been seeing these couple of promos for "The Mayor" play non-stop on ABC:

I'm gonna assume the comments section of the 2nd video is lit because both promos were uploaded to the same YouTube channel at the same time, but the 1st video only has 6,000+ views while 2nd promo as 45,000+ views.

10. darkcurry

On ClevverNews youtube channel, Life Sentence seems to be the new show a lot of people can't wait to see.

11. ColiBreh1

Anybody watching that "Midnight Texas" show on NBC? Is that worth watching?

I just watched the episode where Lavon meets Annabeth's parents:

At this point the "Hart of Dixie" writers are just trolling the audience about the lack of racial politics. They really had me fooled for a few seconds thinking that Lavon was being disapproved of because he was black.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  12. Skaddix

I am still shocked that show was on CW...I mean a non Stereotypical Brother who cucks the classic white male pretty boy and that gets to pick which hot white girl he wants....

13. Soscean

Soscean Member

I've only watched the first episode. It gives me a True Blood feeling..It is a small town with their supernatural shenanigans, you have the witch, ghost whisperer, vampires
    I only watched the first episode, and it has good potential. The special effects were good. You have your ghost whisperer, who traveled to the town with his dead grandmother. You have the vampire, and a witch that has talking cats. It looks like the small town will have their supernatural shenanigans. They are harassed by a biker gang called the Sons of Lucifer. I haven't read the books, so I can't compare it to that. Watered down true blood i think

14. ColiBreh1

They showed this "Wynonna Earp" trailer at SDCC a couple weeks ago:

15. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I just stumbled upon a movie which dropped a couple years ago (2015) and I haven't heard anyone mention it which is weird because there are several worse tv sightings on this thread where the IR barely develops into anything of practical significance ~ "Adulterers" is set in the Deep South and claims to be based on a true story. It stars Mechad Brooks of "Supergirl", "True Blood", and "Desperate Housewives"fame.

The IR sex scenes are rather dark & disturbingly desirable . . . a beautiful, blonde actress who played a cheerleader in "Bring It On - In it to win it" and "Heroes" (not Hayden Klitchko) has her white, creamy, fat cheeks rippled in racial reparations by Mechad in this psychological thriller set in an idyllic suburb in the Deep South. They've been committing adultery for over a month ~ Mechad & Danielle ~ when her husband comes home midday to make surprise arrangements on their anniversary. There are some customary racial epitaphs used as you can imagine and the husband has a NRA membership as many white conservatives do in the state of Louisiana lol.

SPOILERS!!!!

It is on Netflix so check it out if you're into anything dark & disturbing starring Mechad Brooks . . . she slurped the slavery out of his big, black beast whilst her enraged husband has them at gunpoint and turns their adulterous affair into an inquisition about when, where, and how their affair originated and moreover why they're hurting a good husband and father like him . . . then things get even darker and even more disturbing when Mechad makes a revelation concerning his own failings as a husband and expectant first-time father!!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  16. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Do you have any intel about them fucking for real and not acting?

17. Young Herschel

It is pretty good but the movie itself was even better so check it out too. I haven't acquired Spike so I have to watch it on Kodi whenever they post new episodes over in Chinese Hackastan lol.

18. Young Herschel

I don't buy into those rumors that occasionally arise about hot sex scenes . . . no not ever. Some fans like my cousin Loni seemed to believe that Halle Berry was really getting her back broke by Angelina Jolie's husband in "Monster's Ball" lol

19. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

It looked real to me.

20. darkcurry

I seen that movie, it really had the potential to be good but for some reason the writers and director got really stupid as the movie was going along and the actor playing the husband is either a bad actor or he wasn't trying in this. He was the worse part about this movie.