BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

No the difference may likely be that he is there with her from the beginning. He is not s

If this guy sticks as her leading man it would be more likely because he was there from the very beginning instead of being some guy like the Izombie dude who arrived late to the game. I mean you have to think of it like "Agent Carter". The black guy who was brought on the show during season 2 was never going to be her TRUE love interest. The first season pretty much established who her true love was going to be. IZombie may be the same way or it may turn out differently. Granted after writing this I do realize white guys swoop in during second and third seasons all the time and become the main love interest of the female lead after that. Black guys don't get that type of handling, we all know that.

As for the British angle that could actually work in the favor for those who want to see the black boyfriend stick. Because black British actors aren't likely to pull some Eric LaSalle bullshit in which they tank a promising onscreen romance with a white female because they are worried about sending the wrong message to black women in particular. That's exclusively some African American male nonsense. Fuck that.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I also think tonwhiye audiences exotic black is some how better than local black. It's more refined in their heads I guess.

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

American few Brits at least with the stereotypical accent as more Refined in general its even bigger mutliplier for British Black Dudes I suppose

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

5. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Let us not forget that CW also has two other new shows outside of Life Sentence that involve a featured BM/WW relationship. The Dynasty remake and the show Valor

6. darkcurry

Did she just cheat on him with that white guy? LOL!

Looks like another TV Show where they only put her in a IR relationship to involve and make the white guy the desirable one and give him the love scenes. TV still doing this. Why can't you just let an IR relationship be without a cheating, scandal or any other negative bs involved.

If they touch Life Sentence with that racist nonsense like I said they are going to make this trend TOO obvious. Smh.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I've already posted about "Life Sentence" & the "Dynasty" remake multiple time in the last several months. I still haven't watched the trailers for any of the new CW shows yet, so I wasn't sure about "Valor".

8. The Dark King

This also sucks
    Couldn't get past episode 2.
    Black dude again is such a wimp. Can't bare watching it.

9. darkcurry

Yeah, I haven't seen it yet to judge, but Keegan seems to be the only funny one in this.

But learned he was married to Colbie Smulder's character and came across a site showing screen shots from the show and low and behold once again a white guy is involved in their relationship and she has a VERY steamy love scene with him, not her husband. LOL! I won't post the pics here, but here is where I found out http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Smulder-strips-naked-raunchy-sex-scenes.html

Another show where a black man and white woman just HAVE to have a white guy involved in their relationship. What number are we up to now?

10. The Dark King

To be fair dude is cheating on her from scene one so this isn't the same thing as other cases

11. darkcurry

Oh, so they are cheating on each other? Still the same as in another doomed IR relationship involving black men that MUST consist of cheating, misery and any other negativity. So it's still consistent in the negative portrayal of IR between black men and white women.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  12. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

It is very annoying.

13. darkcurry

Yes, it gets to the point where you see an bm/ww IR couple on screen and you are waiting for something bad to happen and/or hoping that it won't.

14. The Dark King

Again to be fair there isn't any couple on the show who has a functional relationship I think that's the point

15. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

You just know something awful is going to happen.

16. darkcurry

I understand that, doesn't make it any better. He is the only black guy involved like this on the show, correct? You're looking within the stories of these shows, Im looking at who, how and why when it comes to writing, producing and casting these shows. Because that is where the racism exist. Within the story it can be seen as fair because everyone is doing it, that's on the surface. They put an IR married couple on a show where everybody cheats on each other and instead of going with the popular bw/wm IR couple they went with bm/ww.

Because the thing studios want to do with bw/wm IR couples are show love and romance, not this. With black men and white women they can portray every stereotype and make it every bit of dysfunctional because who cares.

17. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

I don't watch the show. On the show, do they show his cheating scenes as explicit as the pics in the link?

18. The Dark King

Yup

19. The Dark King

I would agree if the other couples were ok but they aren't and there's another IR couple aw wm doing the same shit. I usually agree with you just not in this particular case.

20. darkcurry

I think it's best we stop right there, because I haven't seen the series at all and I think you said you only seen 1 or 2 episodes I hate talking about a show or movie unless I seen it or the right details. It is 8 episodes long, I'll probably check them out before saying anything else. I don't want to be that guy.

But that is a BIG probably after reading some of the reviews and if it's a show where everybody is cheating on each other, that sounds like horrible idea unless they are leading somewhere.