BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

A LOT of good points once again man. I didn't even noticed the Miles Morales connection, but I guess since he was going to be apart of the avengers the goal is to keep him white.
    As far Ava DuVernay goes, that is unfortunately how most american black women in Hollywood work, they are one sided when it comes to IR.

But with all this IR still coming for bw, you know they are still going to complain about the mainstream movies that will feature IR with bm and ww like DETROIT and possibly THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US and a lot of american black men will back them.

I don't know if they will make Finn and Rey a couple, but they have A LOT of support if they do. The STAR WARS fan base approves.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

@darkcurry You sure? The push I saw on Twitter back in December 2015/January 2016 was for Finn & Poe gay 'ship.

What happened in "Beauty & the Beast" that y'all keep talking about? I haven't seen it yet.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

There were a lot of black women who were with white men but no black men with speaking roles.

A lot of times feminists including black ones don't want equality they just want their turn at vein oppressors. If they cared about equality at the very least they'd stay quiet a bm is on screen with a non black woman but they come out the woodworks chanting solidarity but remain as quiet as a mouse's fart when it's a black woman with a non black man

4. ColiBreh1

More pics/gifs (I keep forgetting that Tumblr is a great spot to find pics/gifs from TV shows):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ColiBreh1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From last week's episode (Part 1 of a 2-parter to end the season):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  6. darkcurry

Looks like they have a sweet relationship. Sistas that hate probably never heard of this show... yet.

7. darkcurry

I do not take them serious, and I think neither does the Filmmakers. If you remember they were playing up the Finn and Rey relationship in the first one, and that's why other fans started shipping them.

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

That is Race Relations in general right...everyone wants to be White in the sense they want the Power to be in and oppress

And white people are scared shitless about getting paid back for centuries of BS.

9. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

It's too bad she had sex with someone else in the last episode!

10. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] It seemed like Liv was only trying to sleep Jason Dohring's character to get info/intel from him.

11. darkcurry

Uhhh then I guess the relationship with the black guy isn't serious? Which episodes are all of these? I'm watching the first season right now.

12. ColiBreh1

The current Season 3. Season finale just aired last night though (I haven't watched it yet). They established Liv & Justin as an exclusive serious relationship in last week's episode, that's why she was asking him "What are we?" in the gifs I posted from last week's episode.

I forgot they brought back Clive's girl Bozzio earlier this season:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

She confessed that she cheated on him in the season finale. There's context there (she was under the impulse of the brain she'd eaten) but, to my thinking, it's another case of a brotha getting played. He will either forgive her, which is wack; or, since he isn't a major character on the show, he will reject her - thereby relegating the brotha back to the background.

It's a no win.

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

The actor has a starring gig in a new show this fall.

15. ColiBreh1

Who are you talking about?

16. darkcurry

Yeah I haven't seen this season yet to judge, but doesn't sound good. Like I said when the ww is involved in a love triangle or she cheats on the brotha they(the writers and producers.) seem to always give the white guy a little or a lot more than the black guy to push out an IR relationship after teasing it for a bit.

@ColiBreh1 Is the guy she cheated with into her?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  17. JamalSpunky

The black guy playing the current squeeze of the female lead of Izombie

18. ColiBreh1

I just got done watching iZombie season 3 finale. Looks like you're right, especially with @JamalSpunky mentioning the actor that plays Justin got casted as the lead on another show.

The good news is it looks like Clive & Bozzio are getting back together:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

No. It was a 1-night stand

EDIT:
    @JamalSpunky I just did Google & Twitter searches & I can't find nothing about the actor that plays Justin (Tongayi Chirisa) being casted on another show in the last year & half. Are you sure you didn't confuse him with another black male actor?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  19. JamalSpunky

Got that from either Deadline or Twitter. Will do some looking around soon and get back to you.

20. JamalSpunky

Okay now I know what happened. While doing a twitter search on this actor, Tongayi, I came across a recent retweet of the announcement of his being cast as one of the three leads of a new CW Mars series. Thing is that while the retweet was new, the info it was retweeting was an old, recycled announcement from 16 months ago. This type of stuff happens a lot on Twitter.