BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah speaking of sistas, bw/wm IR relationships once again just got mainstream big time. I didn't know this until this week, but they cast a black(biracial of course.) actress to play the love interest in the new Spider-Man: Homecoming. That is now TWO major films so far that featured bw/wm IR love stories, Beauty and the Beast was the other one. The double standard is becoming more and more clear.

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

The reason is that they are afraid of black mens sexuality.

3. darkcurry

That's one of them. Just making sure black men on a grand scale always come 2nd to white men. That's also why they are steering clear of giving movies or shows like American Gods too much publicity, because it features a black man that women of all races especially white women find attractive. The same as to why publicity for Idris Elba is low and are careful about how they go about giving him media attention, you don't see too many headlines or females in the media fawn over him using their favorite word "hunk" when describing famous men like they will with white males. Because they know women love guys like Idris Elba and Ricky Whittle and they want to downplay as much as they can.

Supergirl has the same fear with Mehcad Brooks which is why they began treating Chris Wood as the hearthrob on the show.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You just realizing this week that Zendaya is play Mary Jane in the new Spider-Man movie?

5. Reverie

But Idris is the hunkiest hunk. So sexy, so irresistible. I have meet him and when he smiled down to me and asked "How are you shorty"?, I had to sit down. Like literally. Such a nice man with the London nineties bloke thing going on. And so incredibly tall! Still angry with myself didn't fuck his brains out (am I allowed to tell that here), but the friend I was with didn't want to take one for the team with his equal tall and gorgeous friend (I would have done it for her). Yes, I had a huge groupie moment in London 2015 (or the year before, don't quite remember).

Next time our ways cross that man is not safe.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. darkcurry

lol, I wasn't really paying attention to that movie. The movie looked corny the times I've seen the commercial. I didn't noticed until I saw a kissing scene in one of the commercials.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Also don't forget the small screen with The Flash, Scandal, Sleepy Hallow, Legends of Tomorrow.
    Black men are apparently the most scary thing on earth

8. Reverie

Nope, darling, you are not. :kisses&hugs:

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Men have a code that assures that women never really need winggirls. Lol

10. Reverie

Hmm, and what code is that?

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We don't cock block friends in any shape form or fashion. A good friend may take one for the team. Any friend WILL disappear as long as you need him too with no questions or second thoughts when you have pussy on the line.

12. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

Reverie with Idris Elba, circa 2015:
    [​IMG]

13. Reverie

Then I got pussy blocked that night.

Yes, Kate felt his sexy highness too.

14. darkcurry

lol, I remember when that photo was taken people immediately noticed Kate was blushing.

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

darkcurry said: ?

No, stick with movies. TV landscape isn't great but it is closer to being more even. In fact stick with Disney. In Spiderman they racebended roles by hiring two black actresses, both of whom may eventually end up as love interests for Peter Parker.

For Thor they racebended the blonde Valkyrie with a black actress who may also be playing Thor's love interest

Ava DuVernay racebended all the main female roles for Disney's "Wrinkle In Time" but kept the main male leads white, including Chris Pine who plays the father with the (now) black wife and black daughter.

Of course someone already mentioned the little things that went on with Beauty and the Beast.

Meanwhile the same Disney doesn't seem to be pushing Finn to be with Rey in Star Wars.

Also keep an eye to see whom is cast as Captain Marvel's love interest i the upcoming Captain Marvel flick starring Brie Larson (also a Disney production). In the most recent popular run in the comic books, Captain Marvels love interest has been War Machine (Rhodey) who is much younger and better looking than the Don Cheadle version of the films. Now I don't expect War Machine to be the love interest in the movie for multiple reasons : age, looks and the fact that Rhodey in the movie has been slightly crippled. But the fact is at least Captain Marvel has had an established relationship in the source material of the comic books for years. Thor never had such a relationship. Spidey has never had such a relationship. Those two dudes get black girlfriends in the movies. Will Marvel cast a black actor as the love interest for Captain Marvel? Will any be allowed to audition for the role? If not then why and will black guys finally speak up about this? Will we stop blindly supporting this one-sided bullshit? When you consider Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman, Thor and obviously Black Panther Marvel will be putting out four films in which possibly the female love interest are played by black actresses. And now another has been cast to have a major role in the next Ant man film. Despite all of this black women on twitter are still whining about representation.

By the way FUCK this new Spiderman film. I don't take issue with Marvel going with Peter Parker rather than Miles Morales. But it seems they have taken a lot of elements from Miles' story and added it to the upcoming Spiderman film in order to make it more fresh for audiences. So they had no use for the black Spidey but don't think twice about lifting from his storylines for the Homecoming film. Oh, and they showed their "progressive" qualities by giving Peter a black girlfriend. Like I said....fuck that film.

16. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

To be fair marvel/disney don't own the spiderman film rights Sony does. In the deal worked out sony got to cast the actors marvel got some involvement in the story how much no clue. But seeing as the deal was that sony gets to keep the money they make for stand alone spiderman films and marvel gets to use spiderman in its movies for free and keep the profits from the film I don't see them pushing too hard to make waves but they do have some interest in the movie doing well.

17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Uhhhhhhhh...........No. Marvel Studios definitely did the casting for "Spider-Man: Homecoming".

18. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah Marvel does most of the work....Sony rubber stamps.

19. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

20. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Marvel and Feige ended up doing the casting of the new Peter Parker. They weren't going to trust Sony for that considering he would make his first appearance in Captain America :Civil War.