BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Rees didn't get snubbed. Her work was only "fair" on Mudbound.

2. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Bachelor: Winter Games

Has IR action in it...International too...

Looks like hot blonde from England kissing black dude from USA (Eric) ...

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well what are the things they look for to be considered for an Achievement in Directing? I think this was overall a very good film. As I addressed my only problem with is VERY small and that is not enough on the love story, they could gave a love scene to the couple in love instead of the two who were having an affair. What of like to know a little more about the foreign girl. But again that is all small. I think Dee Rees did good enough to be nominated if you look at the field they selected.

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I
    I don't want to take this thread too far off track but I'll address some points anyway.

I've seen all of the Best Picture nominees with the exception of "Call Me By My Name" and, believe it or not, "Get Out" (which I should be seeing very soon). All of the nominated motion pictures, even ones i had problems with, are easily better than "Mudbound". Even if i hadn't read the Mudbound book I would have still faulted the film for its style of storytelling. The movie has its characters far too often either preaching t the audience or having them explain things to the audience that doesn't need explaining. Rees' creativity wasn't enough to overcome her lack of budget when staging the WWII fights. And some stretches of the film are poorly executed which takes away from the impact of certain characters' actions throughout the story.

As is typical the book was better than the film. The first 3/4 of the Mudbound book is pure brilliance but I only give it 4 out of 5 stars because the author couldn't quite nail the landing. The film version, which uses the same multiple narrator approach that the novel did, is 3 out of 5 stars IMO. That means I would give it a 6 or 7 out of 10. That means its pretty good but not very good and certainly not great (not too many great films anyway IMO). The film is ambitious and it demonstrates that Rees could have a great career ahead of her so long as she gets better at the narrative aspect o movie making. What Rees did best in this film was gathering a great group of actors (IMO Blige was at best the fourth most impressive performer in the film) and hiring a stellar DP who just became the first woman nominated for an Academy Award for cinematography. The film looks great mostly because of the cinematographer. I wanted this film to be great (I PAID MONEY to see it during its one week run in one of the worst, tiniest and most uncomfortable theaters in Washington, D.C.) but it fell short. No problem with that. Rees got really ambitious with this motion picture but wasn't able to completely live up to that ambition this time out. She'll have plenty of other opportunities though.

In the book the love story between Ronsel and his German girlfriend is more fleshed out to no surprise given the more time one can have with a book. However it still was only a small part of the whole narration. What Dees and her screenwriter did however was give Ronsel story a definite conclusion; the book's version was a little more open-ended.

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

There is no quality IR if that what your asking...but come on its Black Mirror very few episodes have a happy ending...I will say Daniel is great in that episode, I am pretty sure it launched his career.

6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

IR are u sure . . . they didn't fool us again?

7. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Another look:

bacehloer inter games eric negro kisses bonde english girl.jpg

8. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

9. Young Herschel

GMA did a piece on Ofc. Noah Copeland and his gorgeous girlfriend today but I was running late for work so I couldn't post about it :) Congratulations to the All-American couple and now let me head over to racist site to rejoice in all their bitterness, despair and woe over the news

10. Young Herschel

^Damn!!! youtube has already had to disable the comments and it posted YESTERDAY!!! Let love live ya hate-filled losers

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. Skaddix

Oh thank god...Alice Walker Returns Luther for BBC. The Luther & Alice Dynamic is the heart of the show. You dont often see a Black Hero with a Bad Girl. I remember talking about that a few pages ago.

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

This is GREAT news, Luther is one of if not my favorite show of all time. The dynamic between those two is always fascinating to watch. Where did you hear this?

13. Skaddix

I usually follow tv shows on spoilertv.com, its my go to site for that covers America mostly and streaming with some British (BBC mostly) and Canadian Stuff.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

bookmarked.

15. Akeildboss

Akeildboss Active Member

Throughout the series they r close, she told him he was cite in season one but never anything much. this episode they kissed 3 times, this was an interesting episode. Would love for them to keep this up and hook up. Good to expose the younger generation to this.

16. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Stumbled across this show over the weekend. From out neighbors to the north. it's called Fugueuse or Runaway. It stars Ludivine Reding the blond in the middle. It is the story of Fanny a typical 17 year old girl in the suburbs the middle child of three with an older brother and little sister a very loving mother and a very strict father who has dreams of leaving she meets a new group of people that seem to be able to make that dream come true. The guy on the far right is Amadou Madani Tall he plays Fred Fanny's boyfriend, He is madly in love with Fanny and he can not wait for her to introduce him to his family. He is a serious young man who has principles and he hates her new friends. The bearded guy in the black shirt plays Damien, a rapper that goes by the name Bone, he basically throws gifts, attention, and the promise of getting her into one of his videos to seduce her. Guy in the glasses plays Carlo a pimp and the guy that introduced Damien to the world of prostitution he is owed a lot of money by Damein thus has a lot of power over him, girl in the white shirt and black skirt plays Carlo's lover, a former working girl now "recruiting" girls. She spots Fanny at the mall and brings her into the life she is earns her trust and introduces her to Damien.

Its been pretty good so far, only 4 episodes in started airing on Jan 8. Show is produced in Quebec so it is done in French, if you dont understand french there are english subtitled episodes around.
    http://www.voirfilms.ws/fugueuse-saison-1-12845.htm-Episodes 1-3 they are only at 4 right now
    http://tva.canoe.ca/emissions/fugueuse/-show's site
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Posted some of the hotter pics of these to in the men's locker room hot IR sex thread.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  17. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Shocked this was on Disney

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two appear to have natural chemistry. Eagerly waiting the first episode, y'all.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  19. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spectacular Spider-Man #64 (1981) introduced Cloak & Dagger. This issue is available for download on digital platform Comixology.

20. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

On the Good Place season finale, Eleanor and Chidi have taken their relationship to the next level.... kinda