BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

On USA's Colony , Josh Holloway (Sawyer from "LOST") is the male lead and also an executive producer so its foresable and reasonable that he get butt naked sex scenes were he powerfucks his paramour in episodes 1& 3 particularly. What I found disturbingly discriminatory was that sandwiched between these two semi-softcore sex scenes Brian White links up with an old friend from before the arrival of the aliens in one Amanda Righetti (formerly of "The OC").

This brother does not get to touch, taste or tickle this beautiful white angel . . . no kissing or kuddling beforehand or afterwards either . . . its two brief scenes of dialogue at and upscale society party and then back at his place in the ritzy & reserved part of LA. Why even introduce the element of interracial sex but only to leave it to the audience imagination ? USA's Colony had no issues at all with passionate vanilla sex scenes featuring Josh Holloway but Brian White doesn't even get to hug Amanda Righetti?

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!!!! I'm just noticing this gonna be a Black bisexual male dating comedy according to this article: http://thatgrapejuice.net/entertain...-including-black-bisexual-male-dating-comedy/WTF!!

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The only type of Black Men That Some of these women in Entertainment will accept. Them and the type of black men that play the background to their black queens and are against black men dating outside their race.

A straight black man that is very open to IR dating and accepting roles playing the love interest of a white woman makes them feel some type of way or they will just ignore and hope they go away. Look at the way the entertainment industry is doing Idris. Idris Elba has gotten critical praise for both The Mountain Between Us and Molly's Game, but he is being ignored by award shows, the media and by his own co-star Jessica Chastain, although I expected Jessica to ignore him she is one of those women that is only accepting of gay black men and have issues with straight black men.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Makes me sick. Their entire strategy is just to hate us at every turn. Say what you want about black men but we have never made a career out of trying to destroy black women. Guess white supremacist won this battle because how can any black man even want to be around black women let alone date them when they all out hate us

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Divide and Conquer has always been an effective strategy.

Also dont we have a movie thread that is seperate.

6. Akeildboss

Akeildboss Active Member

I was just made aware of it recently while watching season 3. Dating naked, on season 3 there was this chick Michelle,a blonde model from Nova Scotia, now living in FL. She had a huge crush on David ( the brotha) in fact both girls were into him. There was some good moments with them.

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Tommy Sotomayor is the only black man to successfully harness and monetize sistagirl fuckery for his own gain. Kudos to the pioneer

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. darkcurry

To be fair we have to remember 50 Cent, Jordan Peele and some other brotha are all developing multiple television series as well. And Jamie Foxx's White Famous might get picked up for a second season. Mahershala Ali is starring in the third season of True Detective(They wouldn't make him a gay would they?). Hopefully the third season will be better than the mess of the 2nd season.

But yeah, on the grand stage Hollywood is showing it's true colors about the type of black men they are MORE accepting of. It deserves repeating, because it's true when you pay attention to the details; A straight black man that is very open to IR dating and accepting roles playing the love interest of a white woman makes them feel some type of way or they will just ignore and hope they go away. #JusticeForIdrisElba That man deserves better.

10. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I probably shouldn't be asking this in a TV thread, but what are you talking about regarding Jessica Chastain?

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Same here

12. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Same. Just kept it moving.

13. darkcurry

If you seen my posts about her tweets, not to sound like tariq nasheed but she does sound suspect. She had a big problem with CBS announcing their line up this fall(which was only part of it.) showing all white men and one black man leading tv shows and people called her out and made note that Shemar Moore is the first solo black male lead in a new CBS fall drama since Dennis Haysbert and CBS has and had WAY more women in lead roles than black men. We're currently at 1, 1 black male lead. lol. She used to be speak out on racial diversity, but for some reason this women empowerment movement made her into one of those white feminist with a racist attitude. She is trying with her feminism too hard and it is coming out ugly. As I said Idris Elba is getting a lot of critical praise from critics for his role in her movie, but mainstream ignores it. She like mainstream acknowledges of course black men when it comes to homosexuality, she has praised Barry Jenkins for Moonlight. She has also thinks black men are apart of The Matriarchy in Hollywood and America. lol. They use Russell Simmons as an example.

14. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

The Couple - The Rabbit Hole

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Looks cute. It could only be on Netflix. Maybe HBO. Hopefully they will allow this couple to be a loving couple and not just a couple on paper( seen in the background).

16. JamalSpunky

That may be a little much. She has gotten ping-ed by twitter over the past year when going overboard with a variety of topics I'll admit, but it is quite a stretch to claim as you did that she has a problem with straight black men. Where's the proof in that? The mistake she made was in not being able to differentiate black guys and white guys as so far as opportunities are concerned in this example you cited. That's just laziness or tone deafness, not necessarily hostile. This is an issue at time for several so-called progressive white female celebs and journalists. We could start a whole thread on that bullshit alone because it is annoying as fuck. Star Wars is a perfect example in which they pay exclusive attention on how the first female (white) jedi lead is portrayed but ignore how the first non-white leading character is portrayed .Oh, let me not go on a rant. Anyway, back to Chastain...give her a break. She has co-signed the remarks and words of plenty straight black men on twitter alone over the years; you probably just never came across them. She appears to have a great rapport with Elba too.

17. darkcurry

That's the past and I have noted her past. The past few months has been different. She tends to overreact a lot. Could be her ignorance and ton deafness, but be aware that ignorant people don't notice their own ignorance, in fact your the one that is wrong to them. And when you have people backing you, they will most definitely believe the overboard things they think and say, like with crazy ass Rose Mcgowan. I'm just being aware of where this type of laziness and tone deafness can lead to. Maybe I did myself go overboard calling her racist, but I'm just aware that racial ignorance can lead to racism.

She has been called out this past summer for her remarks regarding MLK quotes A fan brought up a Martin Luther King Jr. quote, the same man that Chastain herself was quoting, talking about a specific type of white person, and Chastain’s gut response was to take it personally and get defensive.

[​IMG]

And she supports Lena Dunham who herself has made racist comments and showed her hypocrisy of the whole "just believe women" thing when Aurora Perrineau accused her writer on her show and friend of raping her and she defended him and chose to believe him over Aurora.

She mentioned that it was sad that there were no WOC in the issue the magazine THE ENVELOPE, but only AFTER she took the pic with all white women on the cover and people brought it to her attention.

You are right about her tone deafness, but this is a grown woman how long can that be an excuse?

Have you ever seen a progressive talk about issues and then turn around and do the opposite or do absolutely NOTHING to contribute to change?

Where in the past couple of months of her promoting this movie she have given props to Idris? The only guy she has mentioned is the writer/director. I know she has given props to him in the past, again I'm not talking about her past. She doesn't have to applaud her co-star, but she also doesn't have to applaud her writer/director. BOTH who have received praise for this movie by the critics.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  18. JamalSpunky

Okay, the strongest example you provided was her support for Lena Dunham but even that is at best what, guilt by association? And what exactly is she supporting of Dunham? Dunham's viewpoint regarding gender politics and left-wing ideology? Why shouldn't she support that? Did Chastain take a side in the debate over what went down with Perrineau? I'm not aware of that. To be fair I don't understand how you can suggest some women may be going overboard with their feminism push and there was Dunham at first deciding to stand up for her male colleague/friend over his female accuser and getting beat up on social media for not automatically believing the woman. Even if wrong I thought it was commendable for Dunham to not rush to judgment by throwing that dude under a bus. But of course social media hit back and accused Dunham of being racist for doing so.

The MLK quote incident I recall quite well and to be honest it seemed a result of typical social media pettiness. Chastain happens to bring up MLK and social media assholes thought she wasn't worthy of using that quote and decided to take her down a bit. That crap happens all the time. Justin Timberlake was deemed unworthy of retweeting a BET Awards quote of Jesse Williams for God's sake and was buried under an avalanche of criticism. Apparently even white folks using quotes of black people is now a form of appropriation. Give me a break. Let's save harsh responses for actual real offenses. Plus most of the people who were throwing shade at Chastain in this incident weren't even black themselves and yet they thought they could lecture others. Chastain didn't melt like some wallflower. She got defensive and stood up for herself. Was she too defensive? I don't think so. Try being in her shoes and having strangers dictate to her what she can and can't quote. Of course eventually enough people reminded her that she is a privilege white woman who must bow before the wisdom of the self-appointed internet gatekeepers and she apologetically backed off.

The women on the cover of the issue of The Envelope were all white because the mag was probably focused only on women with leading roles in movies that could possibly be up for discussion. I'm not aware of any WOC who is seriously up for consideration in that category. Supporting actress, yes. Lead actress, no. That may be a flimsy excuse that the mag could have gotten around and someone like Kate Winslet isn't a serious challenger this awards season anyway so there's little justification for even having her as part of the photoshoot in the first place (although the cove could have been taken weeks/months ago). Regardless of this does anyone think Chastain knew ahead of time all the actresses who were to be invited for this cover story shoot? When she arrived and saw that there weren't any WoC should she have turned around and left the premises to be in solidarity of the ladies left out? Should she have just remained quiet about the whole affair? This has become a recurrent complaint on social media, whenever a cover story doesn't involve non-white women. When there are male-centric cover stories that don't include non-white men I don't come across nearly as many complaints. Sorry but this is the sort of whining done mostly for the purposes of black women by the typical dopes who feel they must carry their water at all times. I'm not one of those folks.

As for her not giving props to Idris I'm not exactly privy to all the sources you used to come to that conclusion. Not saying you're wrong though. I will state in her defense that while Idris is considered the lead male in this film and that leads to him doing a lot of press junkets alongside Chastain, she probably spent less weeks working with him than her co-stars because Elba had to fly off and shoot that Mountain film. But she spent the entire production with Sorkin who not only directed her but wrote for her what some people is saying the best role she has ever been given. I'm not surprised she speaks about Sorkin more.

You may be totally right regarding your assumptions so far as Chastain is concerned. My quibble is that there isn't any evidence of her saying something that proved your specific charge regarding her attitude towards straight, black men. That's all. This past spring she was in Cannes as part of the main jury. Her partner in crime at that event, the one juror she hung around with the most and sat next to during discussions of the industry, was Will Smith. And she seemed to be having a blast with him. Now despite the fact that there are rumors regarding Smith, I'm sure Jessica viewed him as a straight, black man.

19. darkcurry

I mentioned the hypocrisy with Lena Dunham of how she said all women should be believed but then turned around and when it was someone close to her her senses came about and wasn't ready to believe Aurora just because she said, but it was more so based on it being her friend. And that is the hypocrisy I bet a lot of them have when they are just so quick to believe the accusers. Lena Dunham's own assistant(now former) called her racist and have made countless racist remarks passed off as jokes. You and I have discussed hollywood's racism, best believe as MLK have put it there are more than a FEW white moderates in hollywood. If you are against anti-diversity then why tolerate it, why continue to benefit from it. Racism doesn't effect which is why they're luke warm on it, but has been more into the fight when it came to sexism and expect everybody to fight with them. Remember when the academy awards came out with all white actors being nominated in categories 2 years in a row, most of the people speaking out on that were black. Don Cheadle and some others the way to change Hollywood's racial diversity problem was that they needed more poc in power. A few actors and actresses came out and defended Hollywood as not being racist including Their Queen Meryl Streep. One actress even said black people need to "act" better. Jessica Chastain is well aware the difference between diversity and lack of it, if we are to believe she's woke. The envelope issue as they stated “A Shift in Focus: Actresses Call for a Change in the Way Many Stories Are Told.” I know bw often go overboard at times, but they're not wrong here and remember Jessica only called the magazine out after folks said something to her...

...Don't worry about other men doing it especially in this climate, some women in Hollywood would be outrage that there are no women on the cover. Remember Jessica called out CBS for showing all men in part of their line up, but didn't notice the lack of RACIAL diversity for that magazine. And it's things like that that makes me pay attention.

I highlighted that MLK reference because Martin was educating people on the white moderate. Recently she has been fitting under that category. So Im not looking at the past.

I wouldn't put her in the same category as Julia Roberts, Sally Field, Jane Fonda.

20. darkcurry

This the actress that had a problem with the diversity in Hollywood.

[​IMG]