BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

This is going to be exciting.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

According to this article The CW has ordered a back 9 for "Dynasty", while no back 9 for "Valor":

https://shadowandact.com/dynasty-reboot-gets-full-season-order-at-the-cw

'Dynasty' reboot gets full-season order at The CW

[​IMG]

November 9th 2017

Dynasty will be staying around at The CW.

The new-age reboot of the '80s soap opera has gotten a full-season order. Meanwhile, freshman military drama, Valor won't air past its first thirteen episodes for this season (which means it is virtually canceled). Dynasty, on the other hand, will air a full 22 episodes as opposed to 13.

The new Dynasty centers on the Carrington family as they defend their throne against the Colbys, new rivals and threats, and even each other.

Per Shadow & Act's respective interest, we're noting that it stars Sam Adegoke (Jeff Colby), Wakeem Hollis (Monique Colby) and Robert Christopher Riley (Michael Culhane).

It also stars Elizabeth Gillies and Nathalie Kelley as the leads, as well as James Mackay and Rafael de la Fuente, with Alan Dale and Grant Show.

While Dynasty hasn't been a ratings hit and has gotten mixed reviews from critics, the show has a powerful Netflix worldwide distribution deal from its producer and CW parent entity, CBS TV Studios. So in other words, there is more of a chance that Dynasty will get a season two than being canceled.

If you remember correctly The CW's live-action, dark Archie Comics soap Riverdale had so-so ratings in its inaugural season (better than Dynasty though) and it was renewed for a second season. Riverdale, which has a Netflix distribution deal like Dynasty, became a breakout hit for Netflix globally during the summer, as well as for stateside viewers who were just discovering it. Because of this, the show has returned to become a powerhouse for the network in its second season, probably due to the fans acquired from Netflix. The same impact could happen here with Dynasty.

However, I would caution that Dynasty doesn't have the cult-like following that developed for Riverdale, and aside from better first season ratings, critics also liked it better, too.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I don't follow on social media. How is IR angles going over with the black fan base? I seen a couple of episodes of STAR and got bored. Not my cup of tea.

4. darkcurry

Just checked out the ratings, dynasty averages a 0.26 rating in adults 18-49 and 0.91 million viewers per episode while valor 0.24 and 1 million viewers per episode. So it's based on which show out did the other. Dynasty follows riverdale(their hit show.) and Valor follows supergirl. More viewers from their hit shows are sticking around to watch Dynasty than Valor. That and Dynasty's own audience of course. Hope they won't move it's time slot, that is how some of these shows starting to pick up audiences start to fall in the ratings department.

5. ColiBreh1

1. I don't keep up with my discussions about my shows on social media. I do it on another forum & on this forum to a lesser degree. So I don't know what they're saying on Twitter/social media.

2. I quit on "Star" & "Empire" after last season, but I might binge-watch them during the winter break.

6. ColiBreh1

Did you read the article? "Dynasty" has a powerful Netflix worldwide distribution deal from its producer and CW parent entity, CBS TV Studios. So in other words, there is more of a chance that Dynasty will get a season two than being canceled.

7. darkcurry

Oh wow. I only seen the first two episodes it is good, not great but watchable. Some critics tore it up. It must be heavily fan favorite.

I had to go back and look at that link, didn't realize it came from shadowandact.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Critics can't underestimate fans. When producer Irwin Allen brought the show Lost In Space(a show based on the book Swiss Family Robinson but more futuristic and was also an idea that was created by filmmaker Ib Melchior) to the airwaves, the critics didn't like it. But the kids loved the show and it stayed on. I think even Star Trek was not a favorite of critics when it first aired. But it, too, rose above the critics. The animated comedy Family Guy was taken off the air for a short time but it returned and has continued on.

Other tv shows had been saved by the fans like The Magnificent Seven and the apocalyptic drama Jericho were saved by internet petitions.

But, there weren't as many national television channels then as there are now.

Netflix and others like it seem to be the shot in the arm that these shows need.

9. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

Im not into girls at all, but damn that black woman is gorgeous! The black man and the white woman are also quite attractive

10. Ugh, I wish the black chick got more screen time (she’s Jeff’s sister in show) her lines of dialogue are usually right on the money and perfect.

11. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

From Stranger Things 2 to the Black Panther to now this Dynasty reboot, I find it funny that I'm always coming across white ladies asking for more time for black female characters (in these cases above all of them being sisters to a more prominent black male character). I say I find it funny because I NEVER come across black ladies ever asking for more time for white female characters in any scenario. Black women aren't interested in white women getting more exposure. Although of course I can't claim to have read the posts or tweets of every black woman in the world.

12. ColiBreh1

That's got me wondering, @newmantoplease are you a dude or female?

13. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

It's a female, I've read her posts and to me it's obvious. This is whitewomenblackmen.com, why would any man on here want to see a black chick get more camera time, and I know the line she's talking about, when the black chick said he was chasing after white women, that comment alone tells me its a chick.

14. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

She had a black lover who refused to be looked upon as a black stallion for white women in that show.

15. I’m a guy lmaoooo I’ve lurked on these forums for quite a while I guess I just don’t have as such strong stances on BW as others do.

16. My guy.....I was just impressed that white writers were so in-tune with what was being said in the black community lol I didn’t think they were in the know. That’s all.

Also one more thing, You clearly haven’t seen all of my posts because I’ve made my stance on black feminists very clear lol this isn’t a misty knight and Jessica Jones situation, the girl was his SISTER. I just thought the character had a likeable standoff-ness about her.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They don't need to. Ww aren't lacking screen time they get all of it

18. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

???

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw that episode.

20. Well, I could have misunderstood but from how some niggas talk on here it’s like they outright hate black chicks lol that’s fine it’s their opinion but I like all women, I just happen to be into WW a lot more, that’s why I like seeing support for IR in movies and tv shows.