Interesting Facts and Trivia Thread.

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Ra, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Just doing this thread just for the hell of it. If it catches on great, if not ....:mrgreen:. Feel free to add any interest little facts or trivia you may come across. Here are my starting contributions.

Alexander Graham Bell, who invented the telephone, also set a world water-speed record of over 70 miles an hour at the age of 72.

When you eat too much food, it actually reduces your ability to hear.

A rat can last longer without water than a camel.

In England, in the 1880’s “Pants” was considered a dirty word.

Toxic house plants poison more children than household chemicals.

70% of the dust in your home consists of shed human skin.

The average American drinks about 600 sodas a year.

Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

Mark Twain ws born on a day in 1835 when Halley’s Comet came into view.
    When he died in 1910, Halley’s Comet was in view again.

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

Everyone’s tongue print is different.

A “jiffy” is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

7% of Americans claim they never bathe at all.

The temperature on the moon reaches 243ºF at midday on the lunar equator.
    During the night, the temperature falls to -261ºF.

The moon is one million times drier than the Gobi Desert.

The biggest dog on record was an Old English Mastiff that weighed 343 pounds. He was 8 ft 3inches from nose to tail.

Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.

A mosquito has 47 teeth.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food. Sometimes they'll even try to eat each other...

Two-headed snakes do not have a long life expectancy, particularly in the wild. Each head has a brain and, usually, some control over the shared body, and the two cannot communicate with each other. Movement is therefore difficult, as each head may try to travel in a different direction.

Some two-headed snakes share a stomach, while others have a stomach for each head. In a two-headed snake with separate stomachs, one of the heads may die if it routinely loses fights over food. Even if there is only one stomach, two-headed snakes may not be able to capture prey if the heads are competing for food.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It takes only one gallon of water to create a sqaure mile worth of fog.

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Clear tape makes frosted glass transparent.

[YOUTUBE]nRoL2q-tU-Q[/YOUTUBE]

5. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

alectrona is as beautiful in person as she is in photos

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

Good one!!

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Whoa! :smt103 I guess maybe I better scrap the frosted glass idea for my bathroom window and go with good ol' fashioned blinds. Never know when there might be a tape-brandishing voyeur lurking about!!

Who'd a thunk it?!

8. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Tam has ruined it for your neighborhood voyeurs. :smt089

9. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Inventing the telephone was by accident, he was trying to invent something to help his deaf wife hear.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

February 23, 1942 was the first attack on the US mainland during World War II to occur, as a Japanese submarine shelled an oil refinery near Santa Barbara, CA, causing minor damage.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for Blacks and Whites.

Aztec emperor Montezuma had a nephew called Cuitlahac, whose name meant "plenty of excrement."

Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.

12. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

There once was a street named after Chuck Norris but they renamed it. No one crosses Chuck Norris and lives.

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I was hungry until I read those last two....maybe I need to hire you as a dieting tool? :p

14. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Chuck Norris doesn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

15. Nebula J

Nebula J New Member

This is factual

unless this guy picks up the phone,

[​IMG]

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

What's up with the Chuck Norris fixation?

Einstein couldn't speak fluently when he was nine. His parents thought he might be retarded.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You can't do that. I can't do my particular dieting workout routine with anyone but my wife. Well actually I could but we both don't want to go that route....:p

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Oh, I just meant I could let you know when I'm bungry and you could post gross trivia, sure to kill my appetite. I wouldn't dream of asking for any other dieting help (cardio workout, I presume? ;)) seeing as how you're married an' all.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So finding out someone was probably given a particular name because they were the type of individual who was full of shit (that's what I'm assuming anyway) makes you lose your appetite? Well here's my easy weight loss plan then: Read through some of the threads here because you're bound to find posts from some people who are full of shit. :smt081

So how much am I getting paid for this? :D

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Slugs have 4 noses.

Flea’s can jump 130 times higher than their own height. In human terms this is equal to a person who is 6 feet tall jumping 780 feet into the air.

Lobsters have blue blood.

The only member of the band ZZ Top without a beard has the last name of Beard.