ideas?

Discussion in 'General Site Information - Guidelines' started by buglerroller, Jan 9, 2014.

1. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

2. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

Yes actually. The forum will be switching from vBulletin to IPB (Invision Power Board Community Suite). It's already purchased along with their (IP.Content) to manage the home page-- http://www.invisionpower.com/

The links you sent uses the vBulletin suite that controls the home page as well. So it's something similar.

The problem I am trying to figure out is member login. Currently, the forum and personals are separate areas, which is confusing to some people who are used to signing up one time with access to everything (particularly paying members). However, other members only want to use the forum and not the personals, or the other way around.

Then there is the possibility of allowing logins through Facebook or Twitter.

All that would have to work with the forum, personals, and payment module seamlessly.

With the personals, I can swap it out with other software or pay programmers to upgrade it. It's missing features like 'winks', advanced search, and online mailboxes.

That said, I'll most likely upgrade to the IPB community suite first, and then work the login and personals issue afterwards.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I recommend keeping it a post forum meaning no reps and messages. Folks can pat each other on sites like facebook.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You jelly

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Problem is some people left because they didn't get along with others

Or they found the overall environment of the site distasteful

I'd like to see the site get more advertising personally

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I remember on another forum that they only allowed for likes or positive comments. It worked out great. barely, any fights

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Ur right

Quite a few brawls broke out here over a neg rep

Talk about sensitive