Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Of course l did. The OBVIOUS point is FRED tried to dismiss the scientists view because the Daily Mail science section reported on it, but l bet my last dollar he wouldn't say jack shit if l posted the second link that was also reported by the Daily Mail. And I'm sure you wouldn't giggle at it like you did, either.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. So why do you find the first article credible and not the second?

That's the OBVIOUS question.....lol

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I didnt state that l did, did l? I merely provided an alternate view. In fact, l made no comment.
    Obviously.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The Mediterranean is still there. In all her beauty. Mind you, as l said, the most beautiful Island in the world as it stands today became so from a volcanic eruption. (Santorini)

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Well I would still say the daily mail is not a reliable source for this discussion and I'm sure Freddy would agree.

So you have no point obviously.

Lol

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Right. The DailyMail can't be one of your primary sources on a discussion about climate change, even if they occasionally have accurate information and sourcing.

That's a tabloid rag no serious person reads to get informed about current issues.

Check a link from The Economist and read what they have to say about climate change.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The Caribbean and the Mediterranean are the only large cluster of islands that I know of, therefore; losing either one would be a heavy loss. That means only one set is left for the entire world.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Update: Maria has already hit a carribean island of 72,000 people as a category 5. The island is devastated.

Btw
    For those of you who haven't seen pics of what Irma did to the keys, you're in for a rude awakening, especially if you've been there before.

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It looks like someone dropped a bomb on the Keys.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yes it does. I don't even know if my favorite spots still exist.

13. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

You're welcome, lovely lady! I'm glad to hear y'all are okay. I'm doing pretty well, & I hope you have been too.

14. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

That's just a write up of an interview that Tyson did that was reported in every major publication.

The Daily Mail has already been forced to admit that one of the climate denial stories that it ran earlier this year in The Mail on Sunday was false, and it was censured by the British Government.

http://www.iflscience.com/environme...red-186k-times-was-inaccurate-and-misleading/

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ures-mail-on-sunday-for-global-warming-claims

If you want to post climate denial articles, find a better source.

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Glad you and your loved ones are all okay.

16. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Hey there! Haven't been here for a long time! Doing well though. Thanks for the sentiment. How are you doing?

17. orejon4

I just started checking in regularly again myself. Glad to see you're doing alright. All is well with me, planning on some election work this fall in Pinellas County. Other than that, just working, keeping tabs on my son and his tennis career and trying to keep moving forward. I hope all is well with you, too!

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  18. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Doing good. Where are you now, east coast? Pinellas county is so nice. Love the beaches there! Glad to hear you're doing good.

19. orejon4

Back in Dade County, but planning a semi-permanent move to Pinellas if everything goes as planned. Traveling to the midwest for consulting work is taking its toll, so I'm trying to slow down and plant myself in Saint Pete (or further south along the Gulf Coast) for good. How are you doing? If I remember correctly, you were dating someone you met on the forum. Is that still the case? Hope you are doing well.

20. orejon4

Anyone in touch with TCFLORIDAGIRL? If so, how is she doing?