Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What are our Floridian, Caribbean and Puerto Rican residents plans, if any?
    My bff in Port Charlotte wants to come back to Philly to ride it out. Not sure where in Florida it's going to direct hit Sat. I hope Gorath will be ok. Beasty too, and any one else in its path.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Its killing St Martin right now smh. If this is a precedent a lot of the virgin islands and carribean are practically inhabitable. Its expected to hit Puerto Rico perhaps tonight and the Florida Keys by Sat. Orlando is the highest land to sea level in the state so normally I could duck in either Orlando or hit the gulf side in Tampa. I could also go into the country in the middle, but this is a Cat 5 so I may be headed to NC smh.

I have in-laws in PuertRico as well as friends from there. This blows donkey dick. If there is no future in these parts no need for me to stay in this country much longer.

Damn its hitting PR right motherfucking now

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah l heard a live news update from PR on the radio about an hr ago. It sounded horrible...the winds (were) are crazy.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So I just found out my friend is in the eye of the storm being near Fort Myers, however all of Florida's going to be hit. I was just told that it's even registering on the earthquake seismology machines. This is frightening.
    The Gov has ordered all tourists to leave by Thurs and Residents by Friday. It's apparently going to be the largest to ever hit Florida.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    $179 to ship ^^^

[​IMG]
    One gallon...:oops:

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's supposedly illegal here.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Cali is too crowded. Texas is not safe, seriously time to plan on getting the fuck out of the US. If I have to be cold it won't be here that's for sure.

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Whoever buys this stuff is stupid anyway. If you have running water all you need is some buckets, fill them up and run the shit through a zero water filter before you drink.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Water bottles float and are protected from contaminants. Your buckets..not so much..lol.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Airline ticket prices rise more than $800 in 24 hours for passengers trying to fly away from Hurricane Irma

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Stay safe!

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah OK ms Philly.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Thanks

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Holy shit this storm is 450 miles wide what in the holy hell......Im getting the fuck out of here

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Right idea ^

Gas lines...
    [​IMG]

Grocery lines
    [​IMG]

Home Depot lines
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gas tank lines
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Get out of Dodge lines
    [​IMG]

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I feel bad for them.

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It's fucked up to say, but hopefully this wakes up our political leadership on the right to the horrors of unchecked climate change and the need for the U.S. and global economy to end the use of fossil fuels.

And still Trump withdrew from the Paris Climate Accord, because Obama. Dems bitched about the withdrawal, but the GOP applauded the move.

The planet has been getting hotter at a record breaking pace since 2001, and no it's not a normal environmental cycle.
    Human fuel consumption of fossil fuels has turned the planet into a greenhouse.

Righties laughed at president Carter and his solar panels and Obama and his wind turbines.

I hope Americans enjoy the Biblical devastation that's going to follow these new generation super storms upcoming for the foreseeable future.
    Buckle up. The hurricane season for 2017 just started.
    The mid Atlantic states will be next.

Wanna know another way to send the richest country in the world into a deep recession??
    Having to rebuild the East coast every year.

Right now the damage in Houston from flooding is estimated to be at $100 BILLION. No one else can pay that bill except for the 'bad' federal government.

Dems are far from perfect, but the failure of leadership on the Right is going to destroy this country sooner than later.

Allowing big oil to set federal policy on energy is a devil's bargain and we Americans are going to pay the ultimate price.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  20. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Wish I could like this astute post a thousand times.

By the way I saw an Inconvenient Sequel twice at the movie theaters. Theaters were basically empty both times.