How to Pick Up Serbian Girls

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by karris, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Indeed, the women from that part of the world are some of the most exotic and beautiful. The eyes are fascinating.

2. karris

karris New Member

Oh, if you mean that big round eye thing, there's a story I don't think I've told here yet.

The original inhabitants (in recorded history) were Illyrians. They were absorbed by the Romans and eventually Illyria became a suburb of Rome. They were allegedly wiped out in the 8th century as the Roman Empire fell and the Slavs invaded. But there were all those good looking women who were absorbed into the new population. Archeologists could tell when this occurred in burials because a characteristic round skull (that goes with the big eye thing) disappeared. But hold up, in 500 years they were back!

It's a dominant trait. Once it had circulated around the new gene pool it came roaring back. So people there look like they've always looked. My son's bi-racial and only an eighth Serb but he looks like he just got off the boat.

3. Natev75

Natev75 New Member

Interesting post..

4. karris

karris New Member

"If she left me I'd probably drink too"

Just in from Nada:

http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/20131017-where-folk-songs-meet-serbian-criminals

[​IMG]

5. karris

karris New Member

It never ends

Also this from Nada. (We're talking about Vrginmost, where my family's from. The recent census reveals that, of all the attempted genocide of the 90's the only group truly eliminated were us Krajina Serbs. I tried looking up some of the towns of Vrginmost and found most either vanished or the names changed.)

I was asking about our folk music and she sent me links. I saw an outfit a group of bona fide Vrginmost Serbs were wearing doing a dance, with black vests and black aprons. Then I found a link on my own from 2013 from Vrgnmost parade, with a group with the same outfit. I asked Nada if that was us and she said, there's no telling. The Croats are gobbling up wholesale every little bit of culture that was ours and claiming it to be theirs.

A Serb boy just got beat up by some demonstrators protesting the EU pressured signage in Cyrillic (Serb alphabet) they're putting back onto public buildings.

This is like what White America did when they genocided the Indians and cannibalized wholesale Indian culture, technology, philosophy and whitewashed it as theirs.

6. karris

karris New Member

Another song

[YOUTUBE]eOfsi1oBgc8[/YOUTUBE]

Vidjaš li mi staru ljubav?
    Song by Šaban Šauli?

No?as sam ti mnogo tužan, Tonight I am very sad,
    hej, druže moj, Hey, my friend.
    Ne ljuti se što te opet Don’t be mad that
    ja pitam o njoj. I’m asking you ‘bout her again.

Vidjaš li mi staru ljubav? Do you run into my old love?
    Da l’ je ista ko pre? Is she the same as before?
    da l’ me pamti ili ne? Does she remember me, or not?
    Pri?aj druže, pri?aj druže, pri?aj mi sve. Tell, my friend, tell, my friend, tell me all.

Ona mi je život bila, She used to be my life,
    hej, druže moj. Hey, my friend.
    Sad kad više moja nije, Now that she’s no longer mine,
    ja sanjam o njoj. I dream about her.

Pri?aj druže, pri?aj druže, pri?aj mi sve. Tell, my friend, tell, my friend, tell me all.

Da li ima novog momka, Does she have a new boyfriend,
    hej, druže moj? Hey, my friend?
    S kim izlazi na igranke? With whom does she go out dancing?
    Sve ho?u o njoj. I want all about her.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That was marvelous, Karris. It was very soulful and sincere. Bravo!:smt023:smt023:rock::smt020

8. karris

karris New Member

Isn't he wonderful? Please leave a comment on his YouTube page and share and subscribe. He should have some American audience, too.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Does he have a website?

10. karris

karris New Member

Click the YouTube link at the bottom of the YouTube box above and it will take you to his YouTube page. That's all he has, to my knowledge.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

What is Ron's full name?

12. karris

karris New Member

Don't know. I'm going to leave a comment suggesting he provide a link to a webpage.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Thanks.

14. karris

karris New Member

I've finished writing the book I've been talking about and going through a nervous spell wondering if anyone's ever going to read it. Here's what you'd see if it were in print and there was a blurb on the jacket to catch your eye.

I've uploaded a doc file and a pdf.

http://crossingback.com/tudjina.doc
    http://crossingback.com/tudjina.pdf

If you'd care to load the doc file into Word or something similar and making inline comments, I'd love the feedback. Not necessarily looking for literary criticism but real world responses, how it makes you feel, if something's confusing, unclear, funny, moving, irritating, whatever.

15. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

16. karris

karris New Member

Okay, so this is the response? You're gonna butt your big head in and upstage me?

Actually, it does kind of sum up the last two years of dating again.

It's looking like another long, dry spell ahead. :confused:

17. Morning Star

Not upstage. Rather...revel in pleasure of you promoting the big Slavic region. I have many friends from all areas of the Balkans and I have to tell you, you guys are quite warmhearted, despite having to experience political turmoil and displeasure with the economic strife here and there.

18. karris

karris New Member

So glad we clarified that. Don't mind me, just a bad weekend, another one of those 'hey I need a break from relationships, let me go out with some white women' kind of dudes revealing his true colors. LOL

19. Morning Star

Hahaha, personally...I'm not really concerned about finding somebody. It's a bit futile as it stands anyway.

20. karris

karris New Member

It's not futile. But I'm trying a new direction. There's a saying 'you can't attract what you're chasing,' which of course, would be more female oriented. I mean, I don't imagine a guy can sit by the phone waiting for someone to ask him out. But there's a way of filling your subconscious mind with images of what/who you want so you attract it. If you're focusing on the jerk or jerkess who just messed with you, you'll attract another. That's the theory. So, I'll just commiserate today and tomorrow will be another day!!!

I got good feedback today from someone on Scribophile.com, a site where writer's trade critiques, on my first chapter. He got everything I wanted him to get and he wants to read more.

This is nerve-wracking. I've had a complete story done for over a month and nobody's read it. Or maybe they have, or they tried to and they thought it was lame or dense or something. I can't stand this.