How to date on Great Britain or the UK....

Discussion in 'How To Meet White Women and Black Men' started by PeeJay, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Yes,it does take work and effort once you got into the relationship. When I speak to a woman I don't dwell on negativity. I like the woman to make the first move because I know she wants to know me. I don't want to make that move myself since there is instant disapointment. I one time went to a club in London and there no bold women there. Despite that I love Europe more than the US.

2. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

Don't you think she feels exactly the same way?
    It's the gentlemanly thing for the guy to make the first move.
    I don't think that has anything to do with nationality.

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

So, is there a reason that you wouldn't make the first move if you saw someone that you were interested in? Is it a fear of rejection?

4. redlolly

Nope it's just something we wouldn't do. The man should make the first move.

5. Since1980

Lol okay...but is there a reason why? I'm not being snarky; I'm genuinely curious as to the thought process behind that decision.

6. Since1980

Those threads always go sideways, though. It tends to end up being about how American women are awful, then it goes into how all women are awful. Some of those threads should be under lock and key!

7. K

K Well-Known Member

Well yes hon and this is an old thread revived as well.

And right on que we have ST on here going on.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

Because girls are raised that boys are supposed to make the first move. Even though you all would like it to be different, it's the way women are raised, even younger ones.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

thank you for confirming this! There have been countless threads/discussions about how foreign (as in not from USA) women are different and are more likely to be aggressive towards men. Some of us have said that the couple of guys who keep this myth going are off base. In most cultures, men are expected to make the first move. There are a couple who think that if they go to another country then suddenly there will be women all over them. (where's that eye rolling smiley??)

10. K

K Well-Known Member

Here you go.

11. Since1980

It is changing over time, though. That is one tradition that I am glad to see go the way of the dinosaur.

12. K

K Well-Known Member

yes I know you are.....I've been trying myself.

13. Since1980

If it helps, think of it like this: men like being approached by women for the same reasons that women like being approached by men. As a man all things being equal, if woman A waits for me to come up to her but woman B is willing to actually approach me and show some interest, woman B is going to win out every single time. Men love that kind of attention, too.

14. redlolly

Yes. it speaks to chivalry, etiquette and good manners. An indication that a guy has been brought up right, to respect and treat women decently.

It's definitely a myth, and definitely off-base. To the best of my knowledge outside of US/European cultures women are likely to be less aggressive toward men, not more.

15. redlolly

That's too much of an oversimplification. All things are NOT equal. No two women are alike, nor are two men. No man is like a woman, and no woman is like a man lol.

It's very easy to take the feminist argument to absolute logical conclusion and say that gender equality is a double-edged sword and blah-blah-blah. But that takes no account of morality or any differences between the sexes. Like it or not those differences exist, and do have an impact on our social interactions.

Anyway... this discussion has drifted off topic a bit I think. Bottom line, if you want to pull one of us British birds you're most likely gonna have to go over and talk to her :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  16. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I agree. Experience teaches us (men) that we need to be ready to approach, but I take no issue with a woman approaching. It is nice when it happens, but I definitely know to not expect it.

17. K

K Well-Known Member

This is what I thought.

18. Soulthinker

Me too but, it is very slow in the US.

19. Soulthinker

No question I do. Woman B knows what she wants instead of reading a man's mind. Plus,there would be a plus because the attention she brings to that man. If that man is too shy for that then something is wrong with him.

20. Soulthinker

In Britain you see the bold women who can party like the men do. No doubt some are bold enough to find that guy at a club,consert,or pub.