How do ya'll feel about/deal with prejudice?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by desreveRsIgnitirW, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Relating to negative experience(whether it's prejudice,loss of a child,abuse in any form or anything else) is something that in my opinion one can only do to a certain degree,but never 100%.
    Sure,the logic may be understood and a person may have a vague idea of the emotions a person may feel in a situation but you don't 100% know unless you have walked in the exact same shoes yourself-and even then how people going through the exact same situation may feel or deal with the situation in different ways.
    Of course it's nice to meet people who have some understanding but expecting them to be able to read your most inner thoughts and relate may be a bit too much expected

2. romeo41

romeo41 New Member

It depends on the woman. If she has dated Interracially before and mature to be acknowledgeable about the resistance to Interracial dating with a BM, that is good. If she isn't, she has a responsibility to be knowledgeable about Racism and deal with her own prejudices.

3. jayarmy

jayarmy New Member

I totally agree with you on this one!!!

4. PBM

PBM New Member

How do you deal with prejudice towards your inter-racial relationship?

???

5. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

I've never had to deal with it honestly.

6. PBM

PBM New Member

What if they make slick comments towards you? Are her parents or inlaws or siblings open?

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

The only people who give me trouble are my parents. And I've just told them if they want a relationship with me, they need to accept my choice. *shrugs*

I've never dealt with it from outsiders.

8. JamahlSharif

I've honestly never had anything slick said to me when dating IR. When I was married, her parents were cool as shit. Her brothers were cool too.

9. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

lucky you. I caught the blues from my wife's parents!!! Correction, just her dad. Now, he actually loves me as his actual "son".

10. JamahlSharif

I think their issue was me leaving and divorcing her, lol

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  11. Resurrected Fear

Resurrected Fear New Member

What type of prejudice? Verbal abuse, threats against you or your partners well being, not feeling comfortable because of stares/ whispers?

12. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

Same and I don't have a relationship with them

13. SexyBaltimorean

There comes a time where you have to cut some people loseā€¦

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I haven't experienced it in my adult life from anyone I am personally associated with. Nearly all of my friends are in interracial/international/inter-ethnic relationships of both gender combinations. I have seen it from strangers, but I don't pay them any attention.

15. SexyBaltimorean

^^^^i see you live in the Deep South, which is where I used to live back in the '90s (West palm beach). To my surprise, most of my racial incidents that involved slurs thrown at me and my significant other have happened up north (Milwaukee, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Boston).

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. The rust belt industrial cities are just as racist as the Deep South, just with union and ethnic types as opposed to rednecks.

17. SexyBaltimorean

^^yep, u nailed it..

18. longhairblondie

longhairblondie New Member

Almost all the prejudice I've dealt with came from black women and from some other non blonde women. Everyone talks about how white men are so strongly opposed to white women having relationships with black men but almost no white men have ever gave me problems about me having relationships with black men. In fact I've had more non blonde white women be hostile towards me than white men. As for how I deal with it I just laugh at them. I take it as a compliment that they are so jealous of me.

19. wwwwww

wwwwww New Member

I am from the Uk and grew up in London.
    We don't have the same race based issues that you have in the US so to be honest nobody ever commented on me dating white chicks.
    I don't exclusively date white women in any case.

Here is a slightly old Uk video.

It's probably even higher now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMqCzgKZ-uE

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Must spread rep

Repped