Home Fitness Center

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by Blacktiger2005, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

My wife (her idea) and I have just completed putting in the last piece of equipment in our fitness room at home. We purchased and recieved yesterday our Total Gym. We now have a threadmill for cardio, a stepper machine, an elliptical machine, exercise bike, incline bench, a 500 lb weight lifting set, York Barbell station that goes up to 80 lbs barbells, a waist/torso machine, and a bowflex machine. We are happy with our gym at home and do not have to spend money on the Gold's Gym now and besides it keeps my wife home. I do not like all these guys googling her at the gym. She is for my eyes only.

2. Complex

Complex New Member

Congratulations!

Providing you are motivated to exercise at home without any distractions, it is a sound investment.

Personally, I like the gym’s atmosphere. Even if I had the room and finances to house a home gym, it would be used more as a preliminary workout before attending a public gym.

Being single may play a factor as well. My thoughts may differ if I were in your position.

Cheers!

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

that's a lot of stuff...

all i have are measly resistance bands, dumbbells, and a pull-up/dip station

very spartan, but i get results nonetheless

:)

I did buy an olympic bench/squat apparatus, but I haven't put it together yet, and I don't have a bar/weight set.

4. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

I have a bit of equipment at home but there's something about the whole gym vibe. So I prefer a combo.

[​IMG]

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Dayum!

6. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Lol. It goes alright.