Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

OOOH....I didn't really pay attention...it was so bad. I saw it on DirectTV so I wouldn't have thought anything about pushing the limits.

2. K

K Well-Known Member

There was absolutely NOTHING about him that read strong, alpha, assertive.....nope. Wuss - yep.

I didn't think she was too great either.

It was one of the worst things I ever sat through.

3. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

That sounds different to what one usually hears about it!:)

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm conflicted about this because I've always felt Kobe was the 1 black male celeb/athlete who didn't/doesn't get the same heat that other black celebs who been involved in some type of scandal/controversy.

6. ColiBreh1

@darkcurry You see this story the last couple days?:

Also according to this older MRSUPERBOY223 video from 3 years ago, looks like Jessica Chastain got heat in Hollywood for speaking up at an Awards Show:

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Kind of off topic, but I have to respect the hustle these women have going with the "equal pay" demands. Hollywood has never been about equal pay for any gender. George Clooney got $20 million for Ocean's Eleven and Matt Damon got $5.5 million. Sandra Bullock got $10 million for The Heat and Melissa McCarthy got $2.5 million. People get paid according to their box-office earnings and their name recognition. However, these clever ladies have read the winds very carefully and they have picked the perfect time to exploit Hollywoods gender PR problems to their own advantage.

Another funny thing is that Octavia Spencer should be getting paid MORE than Jessica Chastain if we are going by the box office earnings of the movies they have been in. As the "star" of a movie, Jessica Chastain is box office poison. The last three movies with her face on the posters (Miss Sloane, The Zookeepers Wife, and Molly's Game) have made less than $100 million combined. On the other hand, Octavia's last three movies with her face on the posters (The Shack, The Help, and Hidden Figures) have earned $548 million.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

Couple things about this. 1 Octavia said it herself on twitter she didn't get five times her pay as media outlets suggest. And two with celebrities be aware of publicity stunts. And again about the MRSUPERBOY223 was in the past. She faced backlash, but then let up on what she help expose in Hollywood to save her career. She probably didn't expect the backlash and was taken back as to why she toned it down since those comments, but hey welcome to being black calling out racism in a place like Hollywood. lol.

But I already agreed with @JamalSpunky she maybe tone deaf at times, because it doesn't take away what folks called her out on that I posted before http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/f...harassment-scandals.29417/page-3#post-1070560

" I seen this one actress Jessica Chastain tweeted the lack of women headlining CBS shows when they showed only SOME of their line up and it had mostly white men and one black man. I guess she "missed" that, just like she also "missed" that CBS has more female lead shows than black male lead shows on their network, like most national and cable networks."

also the part where she criticize Zack Snyder "sexist" costume choices for wonder woman and the amazons because they were showing *gasp* midriff and thighs. lol. When they were no different from Patty Jenkins' costumes.

Yeah she did for a black woman, but is she still aware black men are in the same boat when it comes to discrimination. That is what I will stay aware of with her, she is still in the education phase. Her heart is in the right place but she is among white feminist that can very well teach the wrong things. She's in Hollywood, not a rebel, not blacklisted. She would've been blacklisted if she wouldn't had let up on calling out racism in Hollywood.

9. ColiBreh1

Ehhhh....Weren't those 3 Octavia Spencer films you listed, all ensemble cast films though? I look at at Octavia Spencer as a character actress, not a leading lady.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Movie posters are basically ads to entice people to pay to see the movie. The movies with Octavia Spencer's face on the posters made more money than the movie with Jessica Chastain's face on the posters. So in my book, Octavia Spencer is more of a box office draw than Jessica Chastain is.

Also being a character actor/actress is still a bankable thing to be. Samuel L. Jackson is probably the biggest "character" actor of all time and that brother puts butts in seats.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  11. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Eh I dont necessarily expect people to be perfect u expect them to actually evolve so when they fuck up you dont keep giving them blank checks for more fuckups.

There are critical stars and box office stars...Octavia should get more cause she is a critical star with an actual fucking Oscar...Jessica has neither the Box Office or Critical Stardom.

12. darkcurry

Jessica Chastain is a very good actress, just like Nicole Kidman, Michelle Williams, Meryl Streep. But also like those ladies she don't bring in much box office success off her name. Which could mean, Jessica was earning more than Octavia based on her being a very good WHITE actress.

13. ColiBreh1

In 2018, there there is no such as a movie star that can consistently open up 100 million dollar movies based on his (or her) name alone. Movies (ESPECIALLY film franchises) sell themselves now.

14. darkcurry

Good and factual point, but the star does garner some of that percentage themselves... especially if they have big fan bases like Will Smith, who Hollywood keeps trying to tell us he's done but he just scored quietly with his Netflix movie BRIGHT breaking records.

15. Harvey Levin is suspect when it comes to black folks.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Hollywood is still paying people like their names mean something. Robert Downey Jr. got paid $50,000,000 to come back for more Marvel movies. And Jennifer Lawrence's salary and role increased from a supporting character earning her $250,000 for her first X-Men movie to the lead role which earned her $8,000,000 for the most recent X-Men movie.

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Chalk it up to savvy agents and superstition. You never really know precisely what makes a blockbuster a success, which means most Hollywood producers are loathe to mess with the cast if they're bringing in 9 figure profits to the studio.

Maybe X-Men and The Avengers would be blockbusters without Robert Downey and Jennifer Lawrence. But, maybe not.:)

18. darkcurry

And when it comes to the star of movie franchises it is hard to be like well we can replace you when the actor is known to audiences as that character or is very good in that role like Robert Downey, jr as Iron Man.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Kimora Lee Simmons finally breaks silence on rape allegations against ex-husband Russell after a 15th woman comes forward

[​IMG]

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...-Simmons-posts-Russells-rape-allegations.html

This was tough to read.
    Just don't understand why, in 2016, a woman who says she was violently raped by Russell...didn't go to the police that day. That week. Even that year.

And now all she is doing, is suing him for money?

[​IMG]
    The hip hop mogul is being sued for more than $5million by a woman, Jennifer Jorasik (above), who claims he sexually assaulted her in his home in 2016

20. darkcurry

This is one of the biggest things that is making it impossible for those denying to have a credible defense, because if they didn't go to the police that means no rape kit done, no way of truly telling whether she was raped or not, but in this climate people are going to believe you regardless because to them it's why would a woman lie about being raped.

But the other takeaway is that Kimora waited after the 15TH woman to defend him! Why, we're you enjoying your husband being brought down like this if you knew he didn't do it.