Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It's a tricky thing. I understand the reasoning behind the slogan, "just believe women". There are many women who have been silenced for a very long time. Unfortunately, it also can cause problems. For instance, "Just believe women" has existed for a long time in this country, but it was subject to believing white women who falsely accused black men. So, essentially, it is ok so long as it is a non white man.

As time went on, it came to incorporate all men. So, although it is very difficult for a black man to get a fair trial, just believe women will remain. What I find interesting is that "just believe women" was created in reponse to the myth of women just lying about rape. And, in turn, the slogan now creates a myth of a woman who is incapable of lying about rape.

There really needs to be some middle ground. The reality is most people aren't willing to make some huge lie that could ruin someone's life unless they know with at least 70% certainty that they will get away with it. In addition to that, if the punishment for lying is minimal or non existent, then there is a higher chance of people lying about it (regardless of what they are lying about).

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's why I called her the faux creator. She wasn't even going to mention Tarana Burke until people started bringing it up.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lets be fair the community only gives a fuck about pretty white women

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Now that she's all washed up, yes. When the system was working for her, dead silence. Same with Jolie, Judd, Uma, Paltrow, Argento, now Salma Hayek et al. Can't help but notice they're all in the 40-50 range i.e. aged out of Hollywood (for the most part). Most of those women were literally discovered by Harvey in the 90s. A whole generation of young actresses fell prey to evil Harvey while the older women played the status quo and reaped the benefits. Then when you point this out, you're "misogynist."

7. RicardoCooper

8. The Dark King

Fam have you seen the chatter today.
    "Thank God for black women voting correctly"
    As if black men didn't vote in high numbers too. 93 percent doesn't count when its us.
    Bring it up and all I hear is let us have our moment literally all positive black moments are there's. Black Girl Magic to metoo is all by black women with no involvement from black men. In the presidential election black voted in far bigger numbers than all men and most women save black but they singularly were the only ones who voted correctly. The only time black men are mentioned is when its violent. We only own tragedy and buffoonery

9. The Dark King

Preach

10. RicardoCooper

Oh, absolutely

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...owling-on-moores-victory-god-is-a-black-woman

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  11. ColiBreh1

12. darkcurry

This is playing out like those guys exposing the black gynocracy described. You look at who is rising above and the pat on the head they are giving black men. I saw one tweet where it went in on praising black women on the voter turn out and ended with this. "and black men, ya'll helped too."
    93% of black men voted for Jones
    98% of black women voted for Jones

More black women did vote for their liberal "savior", but it is only a 5% difference those numbers are still over 90%. Some of these Black media sites are already saying the Black Panther movie is lead by black women. Really?

"Black women want Black Men as their property" theory is looking close to a reality.

13. ColiBreh1

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Being a man is a thankless job. Being a black man is a thankless job where you are simultaneously portrayed as the boogeyman.

We have the white male pattiarchy, the black female matriarchy, and even the white female matriatchy as our oppressors. It's a hard life, and none of the shit these oppressive groups pull is surprising. Luckily, we do have some allies, although few, there are some in this forum, and some throughout the world. Maybe one day things will change.

15. The Dark King

Or we change them, there is no other entity copied or focused on more than the black man. I say it all the time if we were as worthless as everyone seems to say we are then why focus on us like their lives depend on it. The idea of us actually being valuable shakes them to their very core. White men fear replacement, black fear being left behind nothing in our actions or history even show this as reality. We should focus on our own excellence and our own happiness nothing else matters more.

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Black women generally are more politically active than Black men and more Black women volunteer to raise voter turn out and knock on doors.
    I don't know the numbers, but I'd bet more BW overall voted in the Alabama Senate race than Black men.

Yes, of the Black men that did vote, over 90 percent voted for Doug Jones. But I think more Black women probably voted.
    We need to be careful not to get into this game of tit for tat and assume there's this culture war going on between Black men and Black women.

Commentators last night highlighted the BLACK voter turnout yesterday, not the Black women or Black male votes.
    You guys are giving way too much voice to the militant feminists on Black twitter who are imagining a world that doesn't exist, and really never has.

There were Black men AND women on that stage with Doug Jones last night. Period.

17. K

K Well-Known Member

This right here is what will make all the difference.

18. darkcurry

I was looking for something about him being accused of this in the past, but I couldn't find anything. But I do know this isn't the first time he has been faced with this I remember an article (which he denied.) where a woman was accusing him of some kind of groping. I think PBS swept it under the rug, now they know they can't do that.

19. The Dark King

No one is taking away the contribution of black women in saying why does it ALWAYS come at the expense of black men as if we don't exist. And no one and I mean not a single soul has risked as much as black men because our voices are always met with death and incarceration. Its easier to be politically active when the immediate outcome ain't death.
    Your statement presumes black men don't care as much when the reality is we have far more to lose than anyone. There's a reason why our women are educated and promoted more than us. Its not because of the false hip hop influence narrative but the fact is we are feared and what is feared is often oppressed or erased.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I loved Frida. I had no idea that this was happening behind the scenes. Salma Hayek was dating Edward L. Norton(who was also in the film)at the time. I wonder if he knew. So, the scene of Frida allegedly having a lesbian tryst with a woman who resembles Josephine Baker was a secret fantasy of Weinstein's and he also pursued Ashley Judd. Damn, Weinstein had a powerful thirst.