Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You guys think robots are going to be more deadlier than the unmanned drones that are already here?

Lol

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LMAO. Bryan Singer hasn't even been accused of anything or has his name came up during this current Hollywood Sexual Misconduct scandal & I think he's done. In this current climate NO WAY is a studio going to want to be promoting a film at red carpet events & press evemts with Bryan Singer as the Director.

I can help but chuckle at this THR article put out today: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ired-directing-queen-biopic-set-chaos-1063977
    You can tell they're not telling the whole story behind the drama.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nope they are both machines.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They knew for decades and coddled them like catholic priest pedos.

Gabriel Byrne Says The Usual Suspects Filming Was Paused Because of Kevin Spacey’s Alleged Sexual Misconduct

[​IMG]
    December 4, 2017 8:28 pm

According to Byrne, production was stopped for two days on the 1995 crime thriller The Usual Suspects due to Spacey being “accused of sexually inappropriate behaviour towards a younger actor.”

In an interview with The Sunday Times, the Golden Globe-winning actor says of Spacey: “I did not know honestly then the extent of his violence.” He adds, “I mean, he was kind of a joke in that people would say, ‘That’s Kevin,’ but nobody really understood the depth of his predations. It was only years later that we began to understand that [filming] was closed down for a particular reason and that was because of inappropriate sexual behavior by Spacey.”

Byrne claims that it was some time before he and his coworkers discovered the alleged reason behind the brief hiatus. “It was only years later that we began to understand that [Spacey would eventually go on to win a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for the film, which was directed by Bryan Singer.

Byrne also recalls working with Harvey Weinstein, who is arguably the figure who opened the floodgates of sexual harassment allegations in Hollywood. Byrne said that Spacey’s behavior had a similar “element of absolute abuse of power” that he saw in Weinstein.

Byrne also recalls hearing “vague rumors” about Harvey Weinstein, ...
    'I knew he was a vile bully and I saw his bullying up close,' said Byrne.

'I saw him be absolutely appalling, not just to women but to men as well. He had very little respect for any kind of human being.'

Byrne though, failed to comprehend the gravity of the gossip at the time. “I heard that once or twice from two very well known actresses, but the problem when you hear something like that is, do you pass that on?” Byrne added, “Because if it’s not true, it’s awful, and if it is true, it’s not your job to say, ‘Well, I wasn’t there, the door was locked, I don’t know what happened, I just heard the story.’ But I did not know, and many people didn’t know, the extent of the violence that he perpetrated on women.”

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

‘Who’s Next?’: The Mysterious Blind-Item King Who Exposed Weinstein, Spacey, and Lauer Before the Media

For a dedicated group of commenters over at a website called Crazy Days and Nights, run by an anonymous entertainment lawyer who goes by the name “Enty Lawyer,” has been calling out many of Hollywood’s now-ostracized sexually misbehaving elite, sometimes years in advance of the mainstream media.

[​IMG]
    PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY LYNE LUCIEN/THE DAILY BEAST

As more and more famous figures are cast from the limelight over allegations of sex assault, it has left many people wondering who might be next.

But not so for readers of gossip blog Crazy Days And Nights who have often been informed of such scandals years before they hit the press.

The site, and its anonymous attorney founder 'Enty Lawyer', penned pieces on Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, and Matt Lauer well before the mainstream media.

[​IMG]

And now he has spoken out to say that men like Weinstein have frequented Hollywood since its inception and that their abuse was covered up with the help with the help of journalists.

Speaking to the Daily Beast, he confirmed that gossip columnists were either paid not to report on scandals or else 'sued into oblivion' for trying to report them.

Still more reporters engaged in 'access journalism' and were beholden to their celebrity contacts for interviews, robbing them of the ability to criticize Tinseltown effectively, he said.

8. RicardoCooper

Two different kinds of machines, unmanned drones can't out-think humans like AI potentially can. But nice try

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

AI can control drones too. Nice try.

In TDK's context, humans were controlling robots, again nice try.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I respect the hell out of Obama, but he tows the party line when it comes to social issues. The Democratic party is intertwined with liberal social ideas, one of their most pervasive ideas is to propagate the theory that (with a few exceptions) there is an inherent flaw with men.

The truth of the matter is that power, not gender breeds corruption. The whole female-led DNC collusion fiasco is all the proof we need to see that corruption is an equal opportunity phenomenon.

As for the sexual angle, one only needs to look at the hundreds of cases of female teachers abusing their positions as trusted educators, to have sexually inappropriate encounters with their students.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You make a compelling point(s). Your abuse of power examples are good ones.

My only caveat would be the statiatical ratio. These daily exposes we are witnessing are merely the tip of the iceberg, showing us how deeply enabled men's abuse of power is...along with the whole notion of 'power'. By design and not nature, males are conditioned to be(come) power(ful), whereas that attribute is considered a negative in a female.

She is conditioned to be power(less), judicious and fair, play a supportive role, and to share and be nice. To step behind her man. Stand behind him. To be the Beta to his Alpha. .
    Just look at the subliminal connotation of " behind every great man there is a woman".

Thus, l do not think the balance of power is equal. We have a ways to go (even though that destination path is detested by some men. Apparently, to want power just like men have enjoyed brings out all sorts of derogatory accusations.)

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Bryan Singer's production company Bad Hat Harry's 1st look deal with 20th Century FOX has been axed: https://deadline.com/2017/12/bryan-singer-fired-freddie-mercury-rami-malek-queen-movie-1202218722/

13. RicardoCooper

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It's a sad world where Former president Obama can make such a sexist statement and still get praise.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Which men and which women. In our community women are the ones bread to be educated women are the ones who inherit if there is anything to inherit women are the ones who are taught they are down right magical and need no one.
    Black men inspite of literally having everyone despite you to the point where our damn skin is weaponized persist. Every time I hear about this damn patriarchy its evident is another support beam in white supremacy because it unjustly and inaccurately prescribe all men as the problem when it's specifically always been rich and powerful white men. Men of color black men in particular can not and not have anything to do with this oppressive system.

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Now Al Franken is being forced to step down from his Senate seat because a new accuser says when she posed to take a pic with him at an inaugural ball, he placed his hand on her WAIST and allegedly squeezed her twice.

LOL.

Some women need to get a grip or their going to blow this moment.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  17. The Dark King

And they think they're winning something but notice only Democrats are holding their own accountable so now you stack the government with even more pro child molesting poor people haters. What do you think happens then.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How is it stacking? Franken will be replaced by a Dem.

Are you joking @ "Dems hold their own accountable" ..lol, oh man.

19. The Dark King

We don't harbor child molestors and support their re-election.
    Franken will be replaced by a less sympathetic party who doesn't care about the common person. It's becoming clear that not enough people care about anything any more.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Franken may not even resign.. let's see.

There's plenty of Republicans calling for (or who were) for creep Moore to bow out of the race.
    However, in his case, when you have an accuser present obviously manufactured "evidence" that he molested her, she really doesn't help her case and jeopardizes others.
    So try telling Alabama's constituents who support him that he's not being 'railroaded'. Allred has all but shut up. What a mess.

I agree that not enough care anymore. Because as we see, politics is a career (in) a business that thrives on maintaining the status quo. l've been saying for years, no one really wants to fix problems because if they do, they're services are no longer "required".
    The reason why l sometimes bat for Trump isn't for him per-se, it's his "reckless" push back to the deep State and entrenched politicians who feel entitled. A symbolic, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend" show of support, if you will.