Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

She has stopped representing him the day before.

2. Soulthinker

Read that Harvey W has not been making money for the company like he used to. When you don't make more money someone will find a excuse to clean the skeletons out of the closet and fire you for past indiscretions.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

ooooh good point!

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

In their defense they were in the presents of powerful men and especially powerful white men. It's kind of like how you get these NFL players that want to kneel and speak out, but they're white bosses like Jerry Jones holds power and threats over their head. Position is everything. More and more women are now willing to side with women so they are now ready to speak out. My only concern about this is where was this when Bill Cosby was being dragged, it should've empowered more women to speak out against ALL powerful men in hollywood not just one.

5. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

You'd think the NFL owners would be supportive of a protest against the police murdering Black men....since without BM they'd be doing something else.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The NFL's position is that the players are employees and despite everything, they are part of a business that has already made each player a millionaire. They can do whatever they want off the field, but on the field, they have to represent the NFL. The same probably applies to the NBA. I happen upon a video clip on YouTube from a guy who runs the Thunder Ranch firearms training center. He simply stated that police shoot people and that they are human beings. He stated that more people should be supportive of law enforcement officers. I agree, however, the nonchalant way that he put it seemed uncaring.

The major sports organizations in this country would not be what it is today if it weren't for black athletes and other persons of color.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for anyone over 18 who agrees to have sex in exchange for favors. Now, if someone says says, "Have sex with me or your fired.", he put his hands on you. Those things are sexual harassment and should be treated as such. But, all this getting bent out of shape because you were propositioned? That's bull shit.

If I were him I'd sue my accusers back to the stone ages. His career is done, now.

This is a very racist thing for me to say. But, this is what I call, "white girl feminism." See, those who practice it want to be equal and yet treated like fragile princesses all at the same time.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I still can't get it through my head that the media is treating Weinstein like he sexually assaulted these actresses.
    Sexual harassment is a problem but in Hollywood all the powerful producers, agents, studio heads and other A list actors hit on new, young attractive actresses.

I feel like Harvey must have done something else that I'm missing.

Oddly, I hope the women who came forward because Harvey hit on them have a good 401K, because their future as working actors in Hollywood is probably over.

Usually women in the movie business know how to handle thirsty dudes and still get their work done at the studio.

I'm wondering, is there even one example of an actress who lost a role or was removed from a cast because she allegedly didn't sleep with Weinstein??

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL!! I can't believe you're defending Harvey Weinstein. I don't remember you defending the various men from Fox News who've been fired & sued for sexual harrasment the last couple years or so.

10. andreboba

I guess I see it differently when someone like Bill O'Reilly is hitting on coworkers compared to someone like Weinstein who hits on an actress who he doesn't really see or work with day to day.

LOL. I'm not saying I'm right, it's just my opinion about it.
    I already admit I'm biased because I'm a fan of the man's work.

It would be worse to me if a director was accused of sexual harassment during movie preproduction and on set, because it would directly interfere with a female actor's ability to perform her job and undermine her professionally.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It cracks me up how so many people are patting themselves on the back by "telling their courageous story" now that Harvey has fallen from grace. If they were really that courageous they would have come forward a long time ago.

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, Weinstein doesn't put himself out there as a paragon of good, Christian morals and all American manhood. Nor, does he attempt to school whole segments of our society on their percieved moral faillings. He makes movies. But, if I were pressed, I'd say the same thing goes for them, too.

Just because your boss hits on you, as long as he's not denying you raises, promotions, employment, etc ... then it shouldn't be sexual harassment. Period.

As liberal as I am, sometimes we just go too far.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  13. K

K Well-Known Member

IDK as much as I can't stand The View, it was on where I was this morning and they were talking about this and Whoopie made the point that we all have a choice in these situations. And it isn't that you have to suck it up as being the only choice. I've faced the situations. Sometimes the choices were hard and it may have meant there were unfair consequences for those choices. I knew others who made different choices. I've been in very difficult situations, but guess what - there is still ALWAYS a choice. It's different if you are talking about an attack, drugging, etc.

I agree with what she said. I have a major problem with the lack of responsibility on all sides. We make the choices we make and there are costs and benefits to each and every one of those choices. I'm not giving any of these slime balls a pass, at all. I just think that if someone chooses to go along with whatever bs they do, then they are just as much a part of it as the other one involved. Those who choose not to, I would hope would speak up at the time. I've been in some rough situations and took the risks to say something. Maybe I didn't carry it as far as I could have or should have.

Sometimes I think that people come out years later for other reasons, maybe to clear their own guilty feelings or self hatred for not choosing differently, financial gain, etc...hard to say.

14. ColiBreh1

Why are you & @RicardoCooper acting like Harvey Weinstein is a Director, Writer, Showrunner, or/and Actor? As far as I know, The Weinstein brothers have always been Studio Heads/execs

[​IMG] You sure about that?.....

https://twitter.com/handymayhem/status/917006470406922240
    [​IMG]

15. ColiBreh1

Ya'll hear this audio tape that leaked today?:

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

A lot of people are acting as if Hollywood's inherent sexism created men like Harvey Weinstein, but this audio clip shows me that he is a disturbed man who would be doing the exact same shit even if he was the night manager at IHOP.

17. andreboba

Who is this chick?? She sounds like someone he picked up at the hotel bar or had been out with before, not an employee at Miramax or some actress.
    This audio doesn't sound creepy as much as it sounds desperate on the part of a man trying to get with a woman who wasn't feeling him.

In fact she reminds me of Mel Gibson's ex when she tried to say he tried to kill her and her baby.

The fact that she's recording him and he hasn't done anything yet sounds like she's scheming on him.

I feel like if Weinstein looked more like a young Warren Beatty and not an actual toad, all these women wouldn't be remembering his sexual advances as sexual harassment.

18. Soulthinker

Sometimes it seems the libs wanted perfection and there is no perfection in humans period. Sadly,the ones who judge people and forbid people to do things are still there.

19. ColiBreh1

According to this Tweet: https://twitter.com/yashar/status/917771319361536000, the women in the tape is model Ambra Gutierrez & NYC DA Cy Vance had a copy of this tape.

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Feel free to cut & paste when I suggested Harvey was anything other than what he was; a big-time producer