Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

it is the power play that turns him on.

Hollywood sound more and more like a very poisonous place to work.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It really isn't any different than it used to be. Shady backroom deals and sex in exchange for favors are as old as Hollywood itself. There's a reason the "casting couch" is a cliche.

3. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Good point.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember seeing producer Joel Silver on the set of Fair Game when I was an extra. While he is a powerful player in Hollywood(although a few of the films he had produced were critical stinkers), he was just like the rest of us. He was on his cell phone, loudly assuring the person on the other end that he would do everything he could to accommodate a woman. I assumed it was an actress. But he looked so ordinary. I guess he was low profile in his personal relationships.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Check out the film Frances starring Jessica Lange. It was based on the life of actress Frances Farmer (Farmer died 12 years before the movie was made). It was also the first major film for actor Kevin Costner. Sam Sheppard and Anjelica Huston are also in the film. I won't give any details, but I was thought Frances was beautiful and tragic.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

7. ColiBreh1

Rose McGowan lashes out amid Weinstein sex abuse scandal | Daily Mail Online

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Dammit Harvey! Disappointing but not surprising. And no I won't quit watching old Miramax movies from the 90s, either

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Imma be honest. Miramax is one of my favorite H'wood studios and has been since Pulp Fiction.

Harvey didn't rape anyone. He didn't sexually assault anyone. Yeah he did proposition female stars with the unspoken assumption if they had sex with him, it could help their careers.
    Yup it's wrong, but shit like that happens in every single business across the country. Including the night manager at the drive thru Popeye's chicken.

If you're a talented enough actor, you don't even need to contemplate sleeping your way to the top.
    Shit like this only hurts actors who are a dime a dozen and have a hard time getting work without sleeping with someone.

10. RicardoCooper

How dare you let reality get in the way of feminist hysteria

I feel the same way about the leftist, feminist retroactive sliming of Hugh Hefner

Strange how all this shit doesn't seem to come out until the actresses are all aged out and washed up, weird

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

This, they acting like they were forced. Miss me with that bullshit

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Sexual predation in Hollywood has a lot more victims than just women. There are dozens of stories about male celebrities being coerced into giving up the ass in exchange for stardom. And the worst of them all are the pedophile bigwigs who pray on young actors and actresses.

13. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True indeed. I thought he would take a leave of absence but,now as I type this I heard he has just been fired from the company he has built. It got to be something serious for the company to bail him in a short period of time.

14. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

So true. For whatever reason a lot of dudes like to have pointless long conversations with women. Or will waste time chatting up women clearly not interested.

15. ColiBreh1

LOL, Lisa Bloom is gonna represent Harvey Weinstein. The Irony.

16. RicardoCooper

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. RicardoCooper

No offense to the ladies who post here but I'm tired of this victimhood play. You're either an independent boss bitch running things or a victim of the patriarchy. You can't be both

And again funny how after actresses have aged out of the system "harassment" is a problem. Don't remember Ashley "Kiss The Girls" Judd blowing the whistle or Rose "Jawbreaker" McGowan getting angry back in the 90s when they were on top

18. K

K Well-Known Member

Many women become independent boss bitch running things partly because they were once the victim of the patriarchy. However, most of them didn't feel the need to go back after the predators 20+ years later.

My question is....why do it now? At that time, women were more listened to than we once were. Gloria Allred was out looking for cases such as these to promote at that time.

19. RicardoCooper

Felt the same about the great-grandmas who claimed Bill Cosby brushed past them in the hallway of the Playboy Mansion with his hard dick under his pants in 1974. They were so traumatized

20. K

K Well-Known Member

well I think those cases are different than the ones who were allegedly drugged. I think it's a bit different just because as a society we were much less aware during that time period and women were not heard, just as men are not heard in such situations now. I also think it's different if the predator was in a position of power or control over the victim.

I just don't think it's a concrete issue when looking at past situations. I think the timing, the positions of the people involved, and the specifics have to be looked at. I don't think there is a sweeping answer for all even though the climate has taken such a stand with all the anti-harassment training stuff. Which seems to be a joke at best.