Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

She received a payoff for that groping. ALthough the tape sounds fucked up, the NYC DA chose not to prosecute allegedly because there wasn't enough evidence to charge Weinstein with a misdemeanor sex crime.
    http://nypost.com/2017/10/10/da-defends-decision-to-not-prosecute-weinstein-for-groping/

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

One part of me says: I'm not defending anyone for advancing themselves on people no matter the circumstances the fact that he is married makes it worse. I heard he told one woman "do you want to watch me take a shower". Some of the things out there are too fucking creepy to defend.

The other part of me is reminding myself that these are feminist under the control of this divisive political system(most of them are liberal.) that are racist in their movement. I seen this one actress Jessica Chastain tweeted the lack of women headlining CBS shows when they showed only SOME of their line up and it had mostly white men and one black man. I guess she "missed" that, just like she also "missed" that CBS has more female lead shows than black male lead shows on their network, like most national and cable networks.

Trying to find a way to combine these two feelings.

3. darkcurry

Also to add remember some of them defend and still work with people like Woody Allen, Roman Polanski, Devin Faraci, ect.

The hypocrisy with some of them doesn't feel right.

4. andreboba

Harvey Weinstein is far from being the biggest creep in Hollywood.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This. This whole scandal can be considered fake outrage because it's an open secret that Pedophilia goes on in Hollywood, yet nobody is being exposed or put on blast.

Have y'all seen the documentary "An Open Secret" that came out a couple years ago or so?:

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Harassment has always been categorized as a women's issue, acknowledging male victims is difficult for some people to do. So it wouldn't surprise me if this particular dark corner of Hollywood never gets fully brought into the light.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

3 are reporting rape now and the wife has left him

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bruh, showing up for a march and building one's entire career on saying, "Be good and virtuous like us." is no where near equivalent. We can't pretend it is.

With that said, now that actual rape is thrown into the mix, it's a whole other story. Being unprofessional and overtly sexual is one thing. Actually raping someone is messed up. Thats, if it happened. We'll see more as the law suits begin to appear.

Having been on the fringes of the entertainment industry for years, it's hard for me to just except the accusers' word without some kind of proof or corroboration. I know that sounds unfair. But, so many of these chicks wilfully engage in sex acts with these guys, then have buyers remorse the next day. So, they claim they were coerced or even forced to do what they did. When, in reality, they were game for the fame.

But, the model chick? I believe her. I think he grabbed her breasts. Listening to that recording. Seems credible. Doesn't mean he's a rapist though.

9. samson1701

BTW, this happens in every industry or walk of life. Wherever there are men with power (and some women), you'll find men (and some women) abusing that power. Hollywood is no more perverted than Wall Street or even Walmart.

There are no safe spaces.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It appears that the Sexual misconduct snowball is still rolling.

Actor Terry Crews has revealed that a powerful person in Hollywood fondled his penis at a party.

http://pagesix.com/2017/10/10/terry...-sexual-assault-by-high-level-hollywood-exec/

Also, SCREEN JUNKIES which is one of the biggest entertainment channels on YouTube has fired its creator because he is accused of sexually harassing co-workers and his fans.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/defy-me...se-screen-junkies-honest-trailers-1202184634/

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I have never heard Harvey Weinstein's voice before now. It sounded like the man was very desperate for female companionship. The young woman was scared and trying to get out. If this is Weinstein's voice, it will probably be the most damning piece of evidence against him.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had heard a story long ago about a professional wrestler who was propositioned by a male company big shot that if he had sex with him, he'd become the world heavyweight champion. The wrestler said no.

Like the saying goes, "Absolute power corrupts and power corrupts absolutely."

Power is the ultimate drug no matter where who you are or what profession you are in.

13. samson1701

I was just reading what Crews said. Doesn't surprise me if it's true.

Read the accusations against The Screen Junkies guy. So, he propositioned some adult women. They turned him down and that was it. Unless, I've missed something, I don't see the issue. Bet, if they had found him attractive, there wouldn't be a problem.

There is someone in that tweet thread saying that we shouldn't have to hear both sides of the story. Accusers should just be believed with no due process. Just simply take their word for it.

If that doesn't scare you, it should.

White girl feminism at it's finest. Stuff like this is where I part ways with my other liberal brothers and sistets.

14. andreboba

I assume Crews was fondled by a man, I didn't read the link yet.
    What a strange place La La Land can be.

I can't think of too many professions where I'm assuming a gay White man would reach between the legs of a hetero Black male and former NFL football player and think that was a 'safe' move to make.

But I understand the confusion and fear among these actors. Terry Crews has had one of the most successful acting careers for a non A list star, with a net worth estimated to be between $9 and $20 million.
    Unfortunately, if he had made a scene or swung on that guy, he probably never would have had a career.

Now I have a slightly better understanding about why Denzel led a movement among Black actors to never do male on male kissing scenes, or agree to wear a dress on screen.

You don't want to give the wrong power players the message you might be 'available'.

I just heard about the Weinstein rape charges. I hope they aren't true, but if they end up being corroborated, this is an entirely different discussion.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  15. darkcurry

My cousin was in a similar incident Terry was in only thing he hit the guy that grabbed his butt, we had to pull him off of him. It was at a party, the guy pressed charges and because my cousin wasn't going to admit another man grabbed his butt he went to jail even after we tried to convince him he said he couldn't have all these females that was at the party know another dude touched him like that.

Terry Crewes was brave for telling that story, because he is getting clowned on twitter unfortunately by some brothas.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The thing about the environment in Hollywood is the advertisement seen worldwide as "The Dream Factory." It is psychological promotion that is almost all-encompassing. Everyone has a stake once inside(not counting the craftspeople). The job is to keep the dream alive for as long as they're able to do so. With every single person who has dreams of Hollywood stardom on their minds, the dream builds them up so much that they will leave their comfort zones and endure things in order to survive. On top of that, they are in competition with other dreamers.

I was informed years ago by a group of musicians who played at my school about staying away from Hollywood if I were to play as a musician. The reasons being were that there are over 1,500 bands that play in Hollywood alone and that the clubs want the band or musician to pay to play. It's an "insurance policy."

18. darkcurry

They just exposed Ben Affleck too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm all for weeding out sexual predators from the entertainment industry (every industry really) but calling out people for one-off incidents is going to turn into a McCarthy style witch hunt really fast.

20. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Nah, I have been asking myself the same questions guys, why now? To me it actually sound like Harvey said no to something and then someone wanted him gone. We spoke a little bit about it in the WSnipes/JLo thread too. It is a very spesific type of people that seeks this Hollywood life, and if you really want it, the road to it is sell your soul to the devil and shag the guy that can actually make you a star.

Somebody just got a bad deal and that is on them.