Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

Some really good points.

And clearly this is not something new or unknown. I've heard about the "casting couch" for many many years.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Right? And there's something about knowing what theyre competing for ain't the difference between starving and not starving but fame and millions. It feels different for me. They constantly try to paint this bs like all women suffer the same way. But honestly for a lot of these women coming forward this stuff happened years after they'd been in the business and made MILLIONS. This ain't the same as some poor girl being messed with at her waitressing job competing for shifts but they paint it the same way and thats gross. This is a classic case of poor little rich girl. Most women in this country hell men too would love it if financial security for life came down to one night with a guy they werent into.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That wasn't point I was trying to make, I was talking about they're overall grasp for power they have been going on about. He is small in this world of power, and still not one of the most powerful in hollywood, they wouldn't be able to take down the Owner of Disney like the way they did him. Plus you have to also remember that investors get A LOT of money from movies and tv shows as well. He is not even a billionaire in the business. Spielberg, Hastings, Redstone and are more powerful than him.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

There are people who choose to do all sorts of different things for different reasons. I think often time, down the road they want to rewrite history. I'm not saying any of these situations are that. However, I have watched enough people do things and then later to claim otherwise too. The really sad thing about that is that it's a slap in the face to those of us who have experienced being threatened, attacked, and raped.

5. The Dark King

Exactly my point. I have a really hard time seeing the victimhood here and seriously do these wealthy revered women really need our compassion and time. They've made millions they're set. Lets look at true victims who have no real voice or support.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

I'm sure some are going to be coming out as the advocate for all those women who did not make it big.

TMZ was just on talking about how they were looking to sell the company and phase Weinstein out, change the name of the company, etc. prior to this "news break" and when examining the company found it's a huge mess. As often happens with deals...very interesting timing.

7. The Dark King

Exactly it smells like straight up bullshit to me but let's say he's guilty but of what exactly? Being sleazy in a business built on that kind of behavior. I just don't get what exactly we're suppose to be outraged about. Rich spoiled women weren't offered pretend jobs to get more money?
    This doesn't even rank in the top 100 of issues I see in the world

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  9. The Dark King

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

She said Harvey asked for her a massage and guess what?? She GAVE him one.lol
    Lupita also said on other occasions he sexually propositioned her.

Just saying, but I bet every Hollywood director and producer is guilty at some point of doing what Weinstein is being accused of, hitting on actresses.

11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Smh. Woody Allen may have not been the best person to say it, but what he said was true.

"every guy in an office who winks at a woman is suddenly having to call a lawyer to defend himself" - Woody Allen

Take that and put it on a more credible person and you can see how very true that can be. And as I said before that is VERY dangerous road to go down when your a black man in this country. All of sudden people are forgetting about Emmett Till. That's the first name that came to mind when I read that part of what Woody Allen said. BTW, Woody has his own accusations but somehow got a pass. He is right now working on a movie with Selena Gomez. His own wife and her son accused him of abuse and sexual abuse and that wasn't enough for some of these actresses. Oh and not too mention he left his wife for their adopted daughter. Shit like that makes me think what is the REAL reason why they wanted to bring Harvey Weinstein down? A seat at the table of power in hollywood, attention?

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No..he asked to massage her and she flipped it on him in order to control his hands wherabouts.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

So, in an industry where how hot you are is extremely important, people are pissed about women not getting parts because they're not hot enough? Because, you know, ugly guys get cast as sexy leading men all the time. ... lol

15. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No..this is from her own words...

Nyong’o recalled that 15 minutes in, Weinstein insisted she come with him and they ended up in his bedroom, where he asked to give her a massage.

“I thought he was joking at first,” Nyong’o wrote. “He was not. For the first time since I met him, I felt unsafe. I panicked a little and thought quickly to offer to give him one instead: It would allow me to be in control physically, to know exactly where his hands were at all times.”
    ------------

http://ew.com/movies/2017/10/19/lupita-nyongo-harvey-weinstein-harassment-op-ed/

Meanwhile...his response...

“Mr. Weinstein has a different recollection of the events, but believes Lupita is a brilliant actress and a major force for the industry,” the statement reads. “Last year, she sent a personal invitation to Mr. Weinstein to see her in her Broadway show ‘Eclipsed’.”

17. The Dark King

They always use the argument that you always see hot women with fat men in comedies like king of queens. I always contest one men have to be funny and charismatic we have to be more than we look like women don't. Secondly women also support these shows and movies.
    And lastly that whole industry is plain weird.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. The Dark King

Or the lack of reports by black actresses. The one thing we know as black people you're more inclined to keep your mouth shut since opportunities are so rare to begin with and no one is likely to believe or care what happens to you. Unless you have a white cosigner its pretty much pissing in the wind.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Quentin Tarantino knew what was going on with Weinstein for a long time. He had an interview a few days ago and stated that he knew what was going on. He regrets it now. It was revealed that actress Mira Sorvino had been harassed by Weinstein. He tried to massage her. Tarantino and Sorvino were dating at the time. Tarantino was at the height of his game and Weinstein's company was behind his projects. Tarantino didn't want to lose the opportunity to make films, so he kept it quiet.

20. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

What he was doing was not "hitting on the actresses". To me that would be something like asking the lady for a drink at the bar after the Interview. Asking for a massage and changing from Public Place to bedroom during an Interview is abuse of a position of power and sexual harrassment. All you guys' long elobaration of justification and explanation does not change that. Yes, the women should have reacted differently, but that does not change that his behaviour was wrong.