Historians rank Obama 12th greatest President Ever.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by glt1980, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Genuinely curious as to why you have this view of BO, I already posted his achievements specifically targeting helping Black people, keeping in mind that a president is not a king and he had to work with an obstructionist congress every step of the way, it is very clear he achieved a lot. So without any more hyperbole, can you clearly state (backed up with facts) why you have such a low opinion of him.

Here are some more facts for you...http://www.communityvoiceks.com/new...cle_46355130-cb82-11e5-b01e-bf870e6bc6f3.html

"So now, when folks ask you what has Obama done for Black people, here’s your answer

Restoring Economic Security to African American Families: Businesses have added over 14 million jobs over 70 straight months of job growth, the longest streak on record. While we still have more to do, this job growth has helped cut the African American unemployment rate in half – from 16.8% in March 2010 to 8.3% in December 2015, its lowest level since September 2007. The African-American unemployment rate has fallen by more than the overall unemployment rate in the past few years, and is further below its pre-recession level than any other racial or ethnic group.

Permanent Tax Cuts that Promote Work and Reduce Poverty: The President established and recently made permanent significant improvements to tax credits for working families. The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC) were expanded to encourage work and help low-income parents afford the costs of raising a family, together providing about 16 million families a year with a tax cut averaging $900. Because of these improvements, a single parent working full-time, year-round at the federal minimum wage gets an additional CTC of more than $1,700; if the expansion were not in place, that parent would not receive any CTC.

2. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

^Talking down to blacks, but not calling out white supremacy . He never called out white folks for their racism/white supremacy.

He didn't address the reason the gap existed and still exists. Unemployment is down for all groups but the gap between whites and blacks remain. He should have implemented a jobs bill directly targeting the black community.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You're mad at Obama for doing what you do here regularly?? GTFOH.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Save your links and stats, Loki. Black women like MightyLighty knee-jerk resent any form of black male leadership

Obama could have landed a space pod on Mars single-handed and she'd find fault

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I was really disappointed when folks like Tavis Smiley was alleging that Obama hadn't done enough for the black community. I would expect that he, an educated man to keep in mind that the POTUS has a responsibility to ALL of the people. I can remember when then, Sen. Obama was campaigning how folks like Smiley often expressed the importance of supporting Obama. I think he totally forgot about that message.

Some black folks I know personally didn't like when Obama we have to work hard, avail ourselves of opportunities and not use the past as a crutch. I thought it was a obviously a very good message. I guess I shouldn't be suprised as they also didn't like it when Bill Cosby also had the same words, but was more blunt about it.

6. RicardoCooper

Tavis Smiley had it in for Obama ever since as Senator, he skipped Smiley's "State of Black America."

When Obama was elected POTUS, Tavis was on the no-access list. This is when he decided to hold Obama "accountable."

Tavis' show is sponsored by conservative Wal-Mart, connect the dots.

Tavis' butt-buddy Cornel West's inauguration tickets got lost in the mail. Ever since then, he hired out as anti-Obama attack dog.

Some of these guys' butthurt stems from sheer jealousy that Obama made it into the White House.

Both those guys have issues with the first Black president that have nothing to do with his policies.

7. MightyLighty

There's plenty of black men that aren't happy with Obama's legacy.

8. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I would understand if they disagreed with his policies. I totally forgot about the thing with the tickets. I just remember that all of a sudden... Smiley was totally anti-Obama along with West. That damn crabs in a barrel mentality.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And most of them are ashy & Hotep as fuck. Nevermind the fact that any black man they would consider a suitable president would literally be a niggafied version of Trump. Same ignorancy & fuckery, but all to pay back white society for their various sins....

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Yes, and they are either uninformed, biased, or just plain wrong. Of course, thats just my opinion, difference being is that I have actual facts to back up my opinion, while all you have contributed to this topic is uninformed, ad hominem nonsense.

11. MightyLighty

So that makes Cornell West, a well-respected intelletual a "ashy", "hotep" and "niggafied version of Trump"? ummmmm..............

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You mean like urban redevelopment?

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yep. Gotta problem with my opinion? Gonna dislike it? Please do.

14. RicardoCooper

I notice you don't even deny that you're a susta anymore. That's progress I guess

15. MightyLighty

^You still haven't denied that you're a troll that hates black women.

16. MightyLighty

Ohhh, ok.

17. MightyLighty

Exactly! And I don't mean gentrification.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Psst. Keep in mind YOU brought up Cornel West, I didn't, so obviously that's who you see as presidential material?

19. RicardoCooper

How can I be a "troll" when I was here posting before you?

20. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

Ranked in the top third and I suspect that will improve with future evaluations.