Historians rank Obama 12th greatest President Ever.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by glt1980, Feb 18, 2017.

1. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

^Is Obama in every black home? But has in got to white people told them to STOP being racist bigoted towards others? Has he told white folks to stop being intolerant towards blacks? I rest my case!

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

If Black folks handled our OWN business, average White racists couldn't touch us.
    Hoping one day that racists will stop being racist and that's the solution to all our problems doesn't make any sense.

3. MightyLighty

^The points stands that he generalise blacks as lazy and unambitious.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The republicans praise Ronald Wilson Reagan for the time when he challenged Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall. Gorbachev didn't even answer. And for bringing Hollywood into the White House(he and Nancy were actors before politics). He was what they dreamed about. He wasn't John Wayne but he was as close to The Duke as he could get(Wayne supported Reagan when he was running for Governor of California).

It's no surprise to me at all.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Even if black people did handle their own business, it's not going to stop a racist from causing trouble because he will think that he isn't doing well and then the envy sets in. It doesn't take much imagination to suspect that this person would do harm because of his racist motivation to do harm.

6. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

Greatest of my lifetime for sure... 12th seems really low. His rank - like his whole Presidency - seems to be affected by racial bias. He was the perfect leader for us domestically and internationally

7. MightyLighty

No they still could:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosewood_massacre
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

As long as the dominant society feel threatens by blacks for whatever reason, they will still justify racism/white supremacy

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Careful, American Negroes are addicted to the victimhood narrative, expect to be attacked for this post

9. RicardoCooper

As we can see now when compared with Trump

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] But, he signed legislation that specifically helped other minority groups like Women, Latinos, Jews, LGBTs, Native Americans, & etc.

11. andreboba

Bruh, I live like 15 minutes away from THE most affluent Black suburb in America. Rosewood and the Tulsa race riots ain't happening in PG County.
    Those riots happened at the turn of the century after the Civil War when Blacks still didn't have due process and weren't really free.

That's your example as to why Blacks shouldn't really try to achieve anything as a group because White racists might come burn our houses down??

Try again.

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

2 things off the top of my head:

1. At the Graduation ceremony for 1 of the Atlanta HBCUs, Obama said some disrespectful shit to male graduates about they need to take care of their kids & not be Absentee fathers.

2. A couple years ago he called the Baltimore protesters "Thugs" on national TV.

13. andreboba

IMO these comments aren't on the level of what Bill Cosby did several years ago when he 'dressed down' the entire Black community, I believe during a panel discussion somewhere.

Personally, I feel like we as a Black community are in crisis, code red. Of course, many of us are getting it done everyday and don't have multiple illegitimate kids or are in and out of jail. Still, too many of us aren't being all that we should be and are succumbing to the pull of the streets and crime.

Maybe making these comments at Morehouse wasn''t the ideal location since those Black male graduates didn't really fit the demographic that BHO was generally speaking about.
    Regardless, it's a message that needs to be heard.

The way out of poverty and staying out of prison is through education, even if that HS education is substandard.
    By most measures, all my aunts and uncles went to poor, rural high schools, yet nearly all of them managed to earn college degrees after stints in the military.

The focus in the Black community needs to be more of a long view, and less concerned about short term gain and materialism.

I just feel like too many young Black men and women don't hook up and get married understanding they may not have the lifestyle they want right now, but they WILL down the road if they stay the course.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  14. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

It really is amazing how stark the difference is between Obama and Trump. The drop off in quality between the two is (wait for it) YUGE.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Pretty much. The fact that they put not getting along with Congress says it all to me.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

And that my friend is white mediocrity at its finest. A highly educated well respected damn near perfect black man is seen as the same as buffoon with zero experience and a proven record for failure at the one thing he's supposed to be good at. Ain't racism grand

17. MightyLighty

So why didn't Obama talk about how well blacks were doing based off this. Most blacks don't even live in poverty, but the way he talked down to those graduates would have you believe the black community faces nothing but abject poverty.

18. andreboba

Because Blacks are at the bottom end of HS and college graduates and we are disproportionately represented in the criminal justice system.
    The fracture of the Black family is the number one cause of all the dysfunction in our community, so of course Obama is going to talk about it.

Just because I'm doing well doesn't mean that's a reason to NOT talk about the struggles so many of us are facing.
    This mindset that 'I'm good, talk that uplift shit to someone else', just doesn't work.
    LOL. When BHO actually tries to talk to Black folk in total, people get offended. But these are the same Black people who criticize the POTUS for not doing enough to fight poverty, poor education and crime in our neighborhoods.

19. RicardoCooper

I wish I could like this post more than once

20. MightyLighty

Man fuck Obama!!! He's the blackface of white supremacy.