Heads up on Ukraine

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by karris, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

War is about power. It is a way of saying, "WE'VE GOT SPIRIT! YES WE DO! WE'VE GOT SPIRIT! HOW 'BOUT YOU!"
    Senator John McCain had once said something to the effect that this country should be allowed to start wars. If a superpower doesn't show their power, the world will not respect them. I mean, we have a large navy patrolling the oceans of the world. Our ground forces are well-equipped. We have aircraft that is more than capable of destroying more than one city with conventional weaponry. With all this power, the world takes notice of it. Leadership is about judgement. The world watches just about every move this country makes when it comes to the use of force. And to those who think war is a game, they have to remember people die in wars. And there is no replacing a life lost on either side.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True G. The ones who want it never get involved in fighting it.

3. WhiteDaffodil

WhiteDaffodil New Member

For Russia Today... maybe.

You have to understand though.... Internet use in Eastern Europe is not as widespread and people have to rely on TV for the news. If the only news they are getting is state-run, then many are going to believe just that. It isn't that they are stupid. They just don't have access to any alternative news sources.

The tragedy is this media stirs up hatred between neighbours, friends, and families.:(

4. Soulthinker

True indeed. The Russians blocked the Ukrainian channels and put instead their own.

5. karris

karris New Member

Oh wow, I didn't get any emails alerting me to all these responses. Loki, you asked for data on what I'm saying, this video was sent to me by my journalist/activist friend in Belgrade and it makes a good summary of what the US/NATO is doing to undermine small countries around the world and bring them under their control.

[YOUTUBE]SEcZFgSnVP0[/YOUTUBE]

Either our elected politicians are cooperating with these activities, or they are being duped. I believe the latter. We only THINK we are electing our leaders. That's probably been a joke for a long, long time.

But, if our country runs into catastrophe because of these aggressions during Obama tenure, you can bet he will be blamed for those problems. And heck, maybe it will allow for the destruction and elimination of yet another minority population that stands in the way of this 'globalization.'

6. Soulthinker

It is hard to believe Vlad and his media because he invaded the Crimea without resason:The real one is the scandal of his cronies made money for him at the Winter Olympics plus sending those snipers to shoot the Ukrainians in Kiev. The vote is fake since there was no UN observers and it was fast. Meanwhile,they took over the bases in that section of the country. Vlad is no other than just a bully. As for the "Truth Seeker" Bushnell,he is just a joke exposing something in 15 minutes,laughable.

7. WhiteDaffodil

WhiteDaffodil New Member

That video really is terrible.